[Request] PLAY RIAD!

springclean

This gets my vote :thumbsup:

Except for the no Lotta Rosie thing, I love the way these guys tackle that song, such a great energy.

And the covers should stay in my opinion, LALD for the pyro and Knockin' due to the fact that it's a great take on the song.

Edited by plonker88

Pointless thread..

They haven't played Think About You at all this tour, Knockin' On Heavens Door is moreso their song then Dylans as mostly everyone in the general public connects them to it, and it fuckin kills, They have been doing Whole Lotta Rosie since 86 and Axl owns that song.

And yeah, let's play the entire album of music that basically everyone outside of the Guns N' Roses internet world fucking hates, yeah that'll put asses in seats (no offense to any band members, I love the album, not my fault the public hates it without giving it a listen)

Springclean you usually don't make sense at all but I support these requests. I'm not complaining about the sets GnR has been playing, but I support what I understand perfectly as a suggestion (and it doesn't hurt to suggest). You had no criticism tone in your post and I like it.

i want some RIAD in concert

wouldn't mind the entire album every night.

plus silkworms. and oh my god.

and more UYI.

no more think about you, whole lotta rosie, no more covers.

full cd + more UYI material.

Yeah, full CD, more UYI (Don't Cry, Estranged, Perfect Crime, Don't Damn me :D, and some random songs like Oh my God (actually 90% of the people I know love OMG, even non-fans). In a nutshell, more Guns N' Roses.

I love their version of Whole Lotta Rosie, Axl absolutely kicks ass, and all the other covers are great but I wouldn't mind they dropping them for Guns N' Roses originals. I mean Guns have a big catalog, and picking covers makes it seem like they are out of original material to play, and obviously that's not the case. Why not let the covers solely for the solo spots of each member?

Perfect setlist: Tokyo + Riad, Estranged, Don't Cry full, Yesterdays, Pretty Tied Up, Don't Damn Me.

\o/

If you wanna drop the covers to make that happen, OK. If you don't, I don't mind :lol:

We can have a little intermission midway through the set. :lol::lol:

Springclean you usually don't make sense at all but I support these requests. I'm not complaining about the sets GnR has been playing, but I support what I understand perfectly as a suggestion (and it doesn't hurt to suggest). You had no criticism tone in your post and I like it.

yes it wasnt meant critical i like the setlist acutally its just some really good songs were not played in a long time and with up to 5 covers in the set id be glad without these if that means more guns material

yes it wasnt meant critical i like the setlist acutally its just some really good songs were not played in a long time and with up to 5 covers in the set id be glad without these if that means more guns material

I agree with you. The fans are the ones attending the concerts and it's fair to think of what we'd like to hear. We're just throwing it out there to see if the guys decide to do one or two of the ones we want, we're not trying to boss them around. Here in Brazil, people are insane about Estranged and Don't Cry. I imagine how disappointed they'd be if Guns doesn't play these - which is probable. I for one would love to hear all of CD. I'd pay even for a GnR concert where they'd play only CD.

I really don't mind the guys having fun, jamming on stage, but eating up setlist space with covers doesn't seem the wisest choice, IMO.

Don't rule out Think About You! Live, it's absolutely spectacular! I do agree that Riad would be brutal, I also thinkt hey should take Prostitute to the rehearsal studio and practice the fuck out of it, it has a load of potential that could be properly realised if they let Axl acclimatise to doing it live properly (just like TWAT, all it needs is some practice) and if they let Pitman do the outro properly.

I agree with you. The fans are the ones attending the concerts and it's fair to think of what we'd like to hear. We're just throwing it out there to see if the guys decide to do one or two of the ones we want, we're not trying to boss them around. Here in Brazil, people are insane about Estranged and Don't Cry. I imagine how disappointed they'd be if Guns doesn't play these - which is probable. I for one would love to hear all of CD. I'd pay even for a GnR concert where they'd play only CD.

I really don't mind the guys having fun, jamming on stage, but eating up setlist space with covers doesn't seem the wisest choice, IMO.

didnt axl say something in the chats here about playing civil war and estranged i hope they do it in south america at least

didnt axl say something in the chats here about playing civil war and estranged i hope they do it in south america at least

I really hope they do!

Ehh, I kinda like the fact that they don't play Riad - I've honestly never cared for the song. I'd be interesting to see them play Silkworms and OMG, I'd like to see that. The only covers I think they should stop playing is Live and Let Die....I love the bands version of Whole Lotta Rosie...it's f'n killer, and I wouldn't want them to stop playing KOHD, I love when they perform KOHD...

Also, yes to more UYI! Bring back Estranged, Dead Horse, Dust N' Bones, and Pretty Tied Up or Bad Obsession! Or Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker...

Edited by WhatsHerface

Don't rule out Think About You! Live, it's absolutely spectacular! I do agree that Riad would be brutal, I also thinkt hey should take Prostitute to the rehearsal studio and practice the fuck out of it, it has a load of potential that could be properly realised if they let Axl acclimatise to doing it live properly (just like TWAT, all it needs is some practice) and if they let Pitman do the outro properly.

Think about You. +1

Not a huge fan of Riad, but I was hoping Prostitute would work out live. I can't imagine it not being played. Specifically, how do you think they could improve it? I've seen some clips but I always wonder about the audio quality.

Not a huge fan of Riad, but I was hoping Prostitute would work out live. I can't imagine it not being played. Specifically, how do you think they could improve it? I've seen some clips but I always wonder about the audio quality.

improve riad: arrange guitar, play it slower or do a crooner bar jazz version

improve prostitute: barebone axl-at-the-piano version

Edited by springclean