Need some "Yesterdays" love.

tomazrui

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan of the song & can see how Axl would relate to the song on a new medium if they were to play it...

Yesterday, there was so many things

I was never told

Now that I'm startin' to learn

I feel I'm growing old

'Cause yesterday's got nothin' for me

Old pictures that I'll always see

Time just fades the pages

In my book of memories

Prayers in my pocket

And no hand in destiny

I'll keep on movin' along

With no time to plant my feet

'Cause yesterday's got nothin' for me

Old pictures that I'll always see

Some things could be better

If we'd all just let them be

:(

This song would/will be amazing live. Axl's voice now is just how it was when this song was recorded. Fuckin rocks. I reeeealy hope they do this song. Ima be like pretty sad if they never get around to playing all these epic UYI songs. No way they can go thru the rest of the tour pretending UYI hardly exists. And Yesterdays is not a ballad.

This song would/will be amazing live. Axl's voice now is just how it was when this song was recorded. Fuckin rocks. I reeeealy hope they do this song. Ima be like pretty sad if they never get around to playing all these epic UYI songs. No way they can go thru the rest of the tour pretending UYI hardly exists. And Yesterdays is not a ballad.

Great song.......but he'll never play it again. (for alot of reasons). " I reeeealy hope they do this song" you should use the term "they" loosely. As in "they" would be AXL. He runs the show. It aint no democracy. Can you imagine one of the hired guns firing up "hey Axl, i think we should play...............". LOL

Great song.......but he'll never play it again. (for alot of reasons). " I reeeealy hope they do this song" you should use the term "they" loosely. As in "they" would be AXL. He runs the show. It aint no democracy. Can you imagine one of the hired guns firing up "hey Axl, i think we should play...............". LOL

This post really shows how much you know. Tommy Stintson chooses most of the songs.

This post really shows how much you know. Tommy Stintson chooses most of the songs.

IT'S TOMMY'S FAULT WE'RE NOT GETTING ESTRANGED.

BRING BACK DUFF!!1!!1!

I love it. As I love all the colours on Axls songwriting, singing and arranging palette. I love the full overdone blast of fury and heroics, and I love the pensive, reflective songs. My favourite version of this one is the short clip

. But I also like the Music Video with the close-ups on increasingly grown-up and disillusioned Axl.

P.S.: Oh, and I don't really care if they perform it again or not. It's there for me anytime I want it. The rest is up to them and I take what they chose to have fun with. :D

Edited by Granny

The reason I say 'they' is because I'm not referring to only Axl singing. Seeing as all of the band members contribute to every song, I think 'they' is appropriate.

IT'S TOMMY'S FAULT WE'RE NOT GETTING ESTRANGED.

BRING BACK DUFF!!1!!1!

nO iT's nOt!1!1!1It'S thE 5 BazIILlian guItARiSts!!! BrIng BaCK SLASH!!!!!

I don't see why they would play it. Axl wants to give the fans just enough of the old songs to satisfy, and those will be the more popular ones at least. I think eventually, he'd prefer to play a lot less of the old songs. I would love to hear Yesterdays. I love that song, but I think we probably won't be hearing it any time soon.

One of my favorite GnR songs ever.

I think Civil War and Yesterdays should have been hits.

Civil War should have been one of the "epic" (i hate the word) type songs. And Yesterdays is just a good old fashion rock song. Not mixed 975 times with 83 different instruments or overproduced ...... it's just a great song.

I think that "Yesterdays" would be a perfect song for this band to play or a horrible choice. It would all depend on the audience, fans and medias perception of what is being said. If they just took the song for the bittersweet song that it is, it would be great and I, for one, would love to hear it live. But, if people decided that it was done as a dig toward the "old GnR" days, then it could be a bad choice. Ahem, what to do, what to do?! Lol Personally, I like the song and I told my ex that it reminds me of him. :)

I don't see why they would play it. Axl wants to give the fans just enough of the old songs to satisfy, and those will be the more popular ones at least. I think eventually, he'd prefer to play a lot less of the old songs. I would love to hear Yesterdays. I love that song, but I think we probably won't be hearing it any time soon.

Yesterdays and Civil War are on Greatest Hits and are definitely more popular than something like Out ta Get Me.

I like it, I just really wish it was like 5-6 minutes long, not under 3...it goes and leaves to fast to really get invested in it

I agree...it should've been longer. =/

Yesterdays is such an awesome song, I don't think it get's the credit it deserves....very underrated along w/ Dead Horse. I wouldn't mind the band playing either songs at all. :D