Guns N' Roses = Best Rock Band Ever

D..

This week-end I was on a road trip and I was listening to some GNR records in the car (GNR Lies, Chinese Democracy, Use your illusions I & II, Appetite for destruction) and I was wondering how the fuck can people come up with such perfect songs as Sweet Child O' Mine ,There was a time, Estranged, Coma, Patience, not to mention Nightrain, Used to love her, This I love, You could be mine, Dust N' Bones... I mean... NOTHING is lacking in those songs, kick ass instrumention, kick ass guitar solos, heavenly voice, awesome lyrics, great production, atomic energy. It blows me away every time.

Then I swapped to some classics like Led Zepplin, AC/DC, Muse, Queen, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith... and while I enjoyed them a lot, I didn't quite feel this perfection in the songs. I wouldn't imagine to change one thing in GNR songs.

What I want to say is, Guns N' Roses is to me clearly the best rock band EVER. PLEASE COME TO EUROPE!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week-end I was on a road trip and I was listening to some GNR records in the car (GNR Lies, Chinese Democracy, Use your illusions I & II, Appetite for destruction) and I was wondering how the fuck can people come up with such perfect songs as Sweet Child O' Mine ,There was a time, Estranged, Coma, Patience, not to mention Nightrain, Used to love her, This I love, You could be mine, Dust N' Bones... I mean... NOTHING is lacking in those songs, kick ass instrumention, kick ass guitar solos, heavenly voice, awesome lyrics, great production, atomic energy. It blows me away every time.

Then I swapped to some classics like Led Zepplin, AC/DC, Muse, Queen, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith... and while I enjoyed them a lot, I didn't quite feel this perfection in the songs. I wouldn't imagine to change one thing in GNR songs.

What I want to say is, Guns N' Roses is to me clearly the best rock band EVER. PLEASE COME TO EUROPE!

Agree :thumbsup: .

I can listen to AFD, UYIs, GNR Lies, CD and never get bored. I can get tired of listening to all the bands you mentioned but I never get tired of listening to GNR.

If Gn'R released a good record every 2 years they would be the biggest band in the world today. But Axl have gone dark for a long time and people didn't care after all those years without interviews or news. I think Axl doesn't care, and I don't either.

But, back on topic. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, there's a lot of good stuff out there. I wouldn't say Gn'R is the best band ever, but they left their marks in Rock N' Roll history, that's for sure.

If Gn'R released a good record every 2 years they would be the biggest band in the world today. But Axl have gone dark for a long time and people didn't care after all those years without interviews or news. I think Axl doesn't care, and I don't either.

But, back on topic. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, there's a lot of good stuff out there. I wouldn't say Gn'R is the best band ever, but they left their marks in Rock N' Roll history, that's for sure.

I like GNR a lot , but best rock band ever? Depends on what your criteria for "best ever" is.

I don't think rolling out new music every 2 years would've made a difference.

GnR is my favorite band, thats all that matters to me.

Agreed!

There are bands that are better, have been around longer, and have had more classic songs and bigger impact, but there are few bands that I can listen to and not get tired of them - GNR is one of them.

Agree. That's the case for me!

Even if they're not my all-time favorite band, I honestly don't see how anyone could think any band is better than Queen. They're just perfect.

Really?! Queen isn't even in my top 100 artists of all time. I for one think they're extremely overrated with mediocre songs. At the expense of sounding 'homophobic', I would prefer a male lead singer to have a bad-ass straight-male-like attitude. Like Axl. No offense to Freddie... I just can't watch a Queen video or concert footage without thinking 'drag-queen'. And even that aside, the music to me is very lacking. I think millions of other people would agree.

In all fairness, GNR kinda suffers from the same problem. There are those that 'get it' and absolutely love the band (like me), and then there are people who absolutely despise them. For whatever reason. That alone would keep them out of any consideration for 'greatest band of all time'.

I think Marlon Brando had it right. They may not be the greatest, but the mark they've left (so far) on the rock world is undoubtedly huge. Same for Queen... again, with all due respect.

If any band or artist should be labeled the 'greatest', it would have to be The Beatles. Or, and don't laugh' Elvis. Neither is my favorite (GNR and Floyd share that title in my book), but there is no denying the impact Elvis or The Beatles had on the music industry as a whole, just not rock. They're pioneers and virtually every artist that has ever come along is influenced by one if not both of those artists, especially The Beatles.

But, that's all speculation. As they say, to each their own.

Well,obviously GNR is the favorite band of most people here, you'll just get lots of arguing over what lineup people prefer.

Right cause anything before '94 is the only acceptable answer...after all that was GNR in name, spirit and aura.

I think Sebastian Bach tweeted something that is relevant here:

sebastianbach I don't think much about music I made in 1994 in the year 2010

sebastianbach My real fans let me live in the present ,

GnR was an evolving band which is one of the things that made them great.

Even if they're not my all-time favorite band, I honestly don't see how anyone could think any band is better than Queen. They're just perfect.

Really?! Queen isn't even in my top 100 artists of all time. I for one think they're extremely overrated with mediocre songs. At the expense of sounding 'homophobic', I would prefer a male lead singer to have a bad-ass straight-male-like attitude. Like Axl. No offense to Freddie... I just can't watch a Queen video or concert footage without thinking 'drag-queen'. And even that aside, the music to me is very lacking. I think millions of other people would agree.

Completely agree. I love Queen but some songs just make me cringe.