Guns N' Roses = Best Rock Band Ever

D..

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I swapped to some classics like Led Zepplin, AC/DC, Muse, Queen, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith... and while I enjoyed them a lot, I didn't quite feel this perfection in the songs. I wouldn't imagine to change one thing in GNR songs.

that's more to do with the individual than with the songs/bands

Then I swapped to some classics like Led Zepplin, AC/DC, Muse, Queen, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith... and while I enjoyed them a lot, I didn't quite feel this perfection in the songs. I wouldn't imagine to change one thing in GNR songs.

that's more to do with the individual than with the songs/bands

I will quote myself: "What I want to say is, Guns N' Roses is to me clearly the best rock band EVER. PLEASE COME TO EUROPE! "

TO ME. TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. It's my opinion.

That being said, without wanting to say I know everything about everything which would be bullshit, I know those bands like the back of my hands, and on many objective criterias such as the complexity of the melodies & solos, the length of the songs with many turning points, the quality of the lyrics, and so on, GNR really has a big advantage over those classic bands. But then like everyone knows it all comes down to opinions when you want to express which band you like best.

TO ME. TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. It's my opinion.

then maybe that should be in the thread title.

Hmm that would sound to queenish.

Seriously, except in maths, everything is entitled to your opinion and hypothesis.

The Beatles will probably always be the most revered and adored rock band, but I use that term loosely because I don't necessarily think of The Beatles as rock.

If you mean Hard Rock, as in memorable riffs & hooks, nobody will ever top Led Zeppelin. They were the prototype for hard rock and obviously Guns was one of the many imitations that followed in the generations after.

I think Guns N' Roses are my favorite rock band ever, and they're certainly legends, but as we've seen in the two decades since; that sound seems to be obsolete. There are few bands around that draw influence from Guns like they did from Zeppelin.

Edited by appetite4illusions

Nivarna Zeppelin = both got boring, pretty fast.

you could say the same thing about Guns N Roses ;)

words cannot describe the fail!! :shocked:

How? what to kids listen to today? Led Zeppelin and Nivarna, how long did GN'R last? 6 years, how long were Zeppelin successful for? well over a decade. As for Nirvana the only reason they stopped was Cobains death, they were still popular in the mid 90's and could have carried on

Kids today listen to shit like Kings of Leon, Porcupine Tree, and boring bands like that. It has to be the last hot stuff around you know, like Lady Gaga. It's funny how you judge Nirvana to be as big as Led Zeppelin. Nirvana was basically smoke, sure they had one or two good songs but Cobain ruined what the band could have been with his "I don't wanna be a rock star, my fans don't understand my music and never will" attitude.

GN'R didn't last 6 years, it's alive now more than ever, but where are Led Zeppelin and Nirvana? (other than my ass) I'll never get why people like you are on a GNR fanboard...

I try to avoid the "back in my day" discussions...

Was reading Ozzy's book.... it could've been possible Geezer Butler wound up the bassist in Led Zep, and Tony Iommi the guitarist in Jethro Tull. He was good friends with Bonham and Plant... Considering he was the lyricist in Black Sabbath, Led Zep would've really gotten the devil worship rep with him on board!!!

Debate over who had the better debut album: Black Sabbath or GNR..for another day.

All anyone needs is one great album. Even if GNR never did anything after AFD, it would still make many "best of" lists.

The Beatles will probably always be the most revered and adored rock band, but I use that term loosely because I don't necessarily think of The Beatles as rock.

If you mean Hard Rock, as in memorable riffs & hooks, nobody will ever top Led Zeppelin. They were the prototype for hard rock and obviously Guns was one of the many imitations that followed in the generations after.

I think Guns N' Roses are my favorite rock band ever, and they're certainly legends, but as we've seen in the two decades since; that sound seems to be obsolete. There are few bands around that draw influence from Guns like they did from Zeppelin.

All things rock and roll are measured up to The Beatles.

I don't know if Led Zep were THE prototype for hard rock. The Yardbirds had 3 of the best guitarists in rock. I think Fleetwood Mac's early stuff, Jeff Beck with Rod Stewart, and Cream had as much of an effect as Led Zep did. And we can't forget The Who, because they managed to be part of the British Invasion and turned into one of the biggest arena bands of the 70s. Live at Leeds is def. a hard rock album.

But what Led Zep did live was unbelievable. Considering Jimmy Page was a studio guy, who would've thought he would've been such a show off?

The last Yardbirds album is like a Led Zep demo... all the pieces were in place for Plant, Bonham and Jones.