South America has fallen to W.A.R. before a single piece of pyro could even be detonated.

ITW 2012

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because we're the best damn it. I've met two guys a few months ago, they didn't like the new lineup but said would definitely go to a show because Axl Rose is a genius. I'm going to see the show with two friends, they were always in love with Slash but after seeing Ashba they found a new respect for the band. That's why they're traveling with me to see Gn'R. We don't whine every single day because of a "man with hat", we like to have some fun, you know ?

Edited by marlon_brando15

99% seems very high to me. Even if 99% going knows about the breakup, 99% aren't going to hear Chinese Democracy live. I'd bet over 50% are going to here songs were Slash created the guitar riffs.

Probably, so what ?? I've heard just good comments about TWAT and Better. Of course we're going to see WTTJ, don't be stupid, but we're going to see some CD live too and we don't whine about the lineup.

Edited by marlon_brando15

Because they probably think Slash will be there.

LOL. I've thought the same thing. Along with thinking Slash, they also think Duff, Izzy, Matt etc...LOL. They'll see Ashba with his hat on and think Slash just mixed it up with a new hat. They'll confuse Izzy/Dizzy etc....

Just enjoy the few good things life has to offer and quit whining. FUCK. It's not the 80's anymore. You wanna see Slash? Go to a VR concert, or the concerts he's probably working on for his solo album, or watch the Grammys or whatever the fuck, just quit bitching for fuck's sake.

Deb said everything.

They do know who is in the band and they buy the ticket to enjoy the show instead of whining about how they do not live in 1987 anymore, which many American fans seem to be doing.

You'll still get people surprised to not see Slash/Duff etc. Just like any huge band, they have fans who don't really keep up with the lineup changes over the years. They remember the name and the music and then just go to the show.

Basically we from South America dont follow the USA and Europe mainstream music ANYMORE. In the early, middle 90s we followed the USA music scene, so we got to know and love Pearl Jam, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Nirvana etc... back in the day, when rock music was huge.

Nowadays we from Brazil have our own music scene, with artists with commercial appeal and stuff like that. And when it comes do music from outside Brazil we enjoy the real good music like Coldplay, Radiohead, and so on... artists like Nickelback, Creed etc are not appreciated in here, because we sense the ''fake'' sign in their music, everywhere, its music to sell, only this, no heart and soul in it.

This way, Guns, Iron Maiden, Pearl Jam, Metallica, AC/DC, Rolling Stones and others will always sell out shows in Brazil.

You'll still get people surprised to not see Slash/Duff etc. Just like any huge band, they have fans who don't really keep up with the lineup changes over the years. They remember the name and the music and then just go to the show.

:laugh:

Don't worry. People, who bought these tickets, know about Gn'r.

Everyone here who bought tickets was fully aware of Slash and the old band absence, and for the ones who didn't know it, every news report mentioned it. Their success here might just be that unlike some people who can't accept that this is not 1991 anymore, we just go and enjoy the show.

rock3 rock3 rock3

Maybe in SA they just don't know or don't care.

We ALL know that Slash, Izzy, Duff e etc are not in the band for years. The current lineup is great and because of that we are going.

Bullshit. There are plenty of casual fans who go to shows just to hear hits and they have no clue that Slash,Duff,etc are out. Also, a lot of the cats going weren't even born when GNR were in their prime and they had no chance to see them from 87-93 so,they go now and take what they can get as far as lineups go.

you coldnt be more wrong!!!!

EVERYBODY HERE knows that the original lineup is gone..believe me! EVERYBODY

the difference is that our rock magazines talk about acdc metallica and guns, and yours talk about lady gaga and the newest rap singer

Same for UK, people think that coldplay are a "heavy" band...... :rolleyes:

Because they probably think Slash will be there.

LOL. I've thought the same thing. Along with thinking Slash, they also think Duff, Izzy, Matt etc...LOL. They'll see Ashba with his hat on and think Slash just mixed it up with a new hat. They'll confuse Izzy/Dizzy etc....

Doesn't say much for the solo careers of Slash,Matt,Izzy,Duff etc. does it...

:thumbsup:

:laugh:

Don't worry. People, who bought these tickets, know about Gn'r.

Of course they do. They wouldn't spend that kind of money on a band they just thought was meh. Unless you're a rich motherfucker with nothing else to do. And if you don't think the band is just meh, you know slash & co are not in it anymore.

I think by now most people know this isn't the old line up, it hasn't been so for over a decade. Anyone who listens to rock music was most likely aware of Chinese Democracy coming out and most likely became aware that it wasn't the players they would expect. The album got to number one over there didn't it? I'm pretty sure people over there are more cluded in than we think, or at least more than some of us like to think.

Edited by plonker88

Is Chinese Democracy a big album in South America? Does it get a lot of airplay? Will people be singing the chorus to If The World at these shows? Can only imagine what the atmosphere will be like. I really want to see a show in South America some time.

Edited by ITW 2012

Is Chinese Democracy a big album in South America? Does it get a lot of airplay? Will people be singing the chorus to If The World at these shows? Can only imagine what the atmosphere will be like. I really want to see a show in South America some time.

Check this Megadeth video from Argentina:

. It's incredible.

South Americans are crazy during rock shows. I think soccer culture has a lot to do with it, they sing for a rock band as they sing for their soccer team.

Edited by RocketKing99

They just played Better and Chinese Democracy in the radio. Anyway, I haven't found anyone who hates TWAT. It's the loved one as far as I know. I hope they play.

They just played Better and Chinese Democracy in the radio. Anyway, I haven't found anyone who hates TWAT. It's the loved one as far as I know. I hope they play.

Do they play TWAT on the radio? What songs from CD get regular or semi-regular airplay in South America and what's the most popular song off CD there?

Edited by ITW 2012

Check this Megadeth video from Argentina:

. It's incredible.

South Americans are crazy during rock shows. I think soccer culture has a lot to do with it, they sing for a rock band as they sing for their soccer team.

In the concerts in Brazil we will do other things soccer fans do, you see it, and so will the band! But it's a surprise and I'm not the one who will spoil it!

Do they play TWAT on the radio? What songs from CD get regular or semi-regular airplay in South America and what's the most popular song off CD there?

No, TWAT is not played on the radio. But Chinese Democracy and Better, a lot.

Check it out:

Big Brother Brazil is the most watched program in Brazil, like 90% of the audience when it's been showed, it's really a phenomenom.

And, when some person is angry in the program, they put a part of the Better solo playing, haha it's nice! If The World was played sometimes too, and the program director is trying to make GNR play in the program, but I don't think they'll do it.

In Brazil and Argentina, it went TOP CHART in the 1st week, and Platinum in the 2nd.

You'll se as singing along the lyrics, and the guitar riffs to. The whole stadium singing along the Chinese Democracy riff in the begining of the concert!!!

Hell I'm surprised he hasn't moved down there.

Actually, it's rumored that he owns a island in Angra dos Reis, an Archipelago where milionary people and celebs have their own islands. It's one of the most beatiful places in Rio de Janeiro and in South America.

There are some pics of Axl and the Lebeis rumored to be taken there.

Another thing... some people say that all rock bands are still popular in South America. Yes, they're a lot. But GNR is much more. I went to the AC/DC, only one other person in my classroom went. I went to the Metallica concert, two persons and me went. But 7 guys, a girl (what a girl, oh my god she's so HOT!) and me are attending to the GNR concert. That in my classroom, in the other classrooms that are several people going to. And we're all 15-17 years people, and as said before, many times, we were't alive when Illusions was launched. SO WHAT? It doesn't make us less fan.

Me and my friends will camp in the stadium gate! So we can get the best place possible! But we are in diferent sectors, they're in General Admission, I'm in Premium (so does the sexy girl :xmasssanta: She has a GNR tatoo! With 16 years old :P lol.)

Edited by ManetsBR