South America has fallen to W.A.R. before a single piece of pyro could even be detonated.

ITW 2012

Me and my friends will camp in the stadium gate! So we can get the best place possible! But we are in diferent sectors, they're in General Admission, I'm in Premium (so does the sexy girl :xmasssanta: She has a GNR tatoo! With 16 years old :P lol.)

This post has been edited by ManetsBR: Today, 05:38 PM

Man I wish I was 17 again......enjoy it man. sounds like you guys are gonna have an amazing time.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is GNR so popular in South America? Do you guys just appreciate good music more?

Doesn't anyone really read the forums at all? This has been beat like a dead horse over the last couple of weeks in other threads. Use the SEARCH function.

And no, GNR is not more popular in South America than in the States. GNR is only playing 11 dates in SA in a month span. They haven't even sold out all of those venues, just a few. When GNR plays the States, they'll play 25 or so gigs over a few months in smaller venues and probably to twice as many people. Throw in the Canadian shows, and North America as a whole will draw more fans for the band and more $$$.

I'm sick of South Americans gloating over 11 gigs with two or three sold out. If GNR did 11 stadium shows in North America in larger markets (NYC, Toronto, LA, Chicago, etc), they'll sell out a few stadiums too because people in bum-fuck will have to take off a few days of work and travel hundreds of miles for the opportunity to see them. If anything, I feel bad for the people in SA and elsewhere that have to do this to see their favorite band.

When they come through the states, I'll be able to practically walk to the venue and still sleep in my own bed that night.

And please, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION or read any one of the other South American threads FIRST before posting the same drivel a dozen other people have already posted.

And we're all 15-17 years people, and as said before, many times, we were't alive when Illusions was launched. SO WHAT? It doesn't make us less fan.

Me and my friends will camp in the stadium gate! So we can get the best place possible! But we are in diferent sectors, they're in General Admission, I'm in Premium (so does the sexy girl :xmasssanta: She has a GNR tatoo! With 16 years old :P lol.)

I'm very happy that some teenagers somewhere in the world know Guns N' Roses. Over here in Europe, teenagers don't know who GNR are (true story, ask anybody below 18 Years old in the streets, they don't have a clue who GNR are). It's such a shame. These retards prefer to listen to Porcupine Tree and Kings of Leon. YEAH, that's how sad people are over here. Enjoy GNR man, I'm very happy for you south american fans!

Why is GNR so popular in South America? Do you guys just appreciate good music more?

Doesn't anyone really read the forums at all? This has been beat like a dead horse over the last couple of weeks in other threads. Use the SEARCH function.

And no, GNR is not more popular in South America than in the States. GNR is only playing 11 dates in SA in a month span. They haven't even sold out all of those venues, just a few. When GNR plays the States, they'll play 25 or so gigs over a few months in smaller venues and probably to twice as many people. Throw in the Canadian shows, and North America as a whole will draw more fans for the band and more $$$.

I'm sick of South Americans gloating over 11 gigs with two or three sold out. If GNR did 11 stadium shows in North America in larger markets (NYC, Toronto, LA, Chicago, etc), they'll sell out a few stadiums too because people in bum-fuck will have to take off a few days of work and travel hundreds of miles for the opportunity to see them. If anything, I feel bad for the people in SA and elsewhere that have to do this to see their favorite band.

When they come through the states, I'll be able to practically walk to the venue and still sleep in my own bed that night.

And please, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION or read any one of the other South American threads FIRST before posting the same drivel a dozen other people have already posted.

You should my friend. You already posted this and I proved that you're wrong.

You're wrong. Look, they played 13 small gigs in Canada with cheap tickets. They're playing 12 huge gigs in South America with fucking expensive tickets.

See any diference? For God's sake, I'm not saying that we're the best fans, or more fans that the canadians or any fans in the world. But is a fact that Guns N' Roses is more popular in South America, they're the most famous band in this part of the continent, that's a place where ALL rock band still famous, as a rock land, so being the most famos, means A LOT!

There's no person here, that don't know GNR.

Teens, specially girls, like a style called "sertanejo", that's something like country. Lots of sertanejo groups play Sweet Child O' Mine versions, with the crowd singing it along. And that's not even a rock a concert, it's sertanejo, a totally diferent genre.

Edited by ManetsBR

Stop being a South America-Educator.

GNRSTAR your a cool dude and no disrespect here, but neither you nor i have a true grasp of what goes down in south america. So let those in the know do the talking on this one...

Edited by ohmygod

Some of the responses in this thread are fucking insulting to the intelligence of South Americans... They'll provide a better audience than the North Americans who think they're so deserving of priority over every other nation :lol: You'll get your tour eventually guys, let these guys enjoy theirs first, it looks like they're gonna give it their all!!

Some of the responses in this thread are fucking insulting to the intelligence of South Americans... They'll provide a better audience than the North Americans who think they're so deserving of priority over every other nation :lol: You'll get your tour eventually guys, let these guys enjoy theirs first, it looks like they're gonna give it their all!!

Exactly some people just like to piss in everyone's cereal.

Band sells out stadium in South America. Typical response: "It's only because South Americans are too backwards to realize Slash isn't there"

South American poster response: "Everyone here knows it's not the old lineup"

Typical response #2: "They're still only there to hear Slash's music"

Any time there is a positive thread or things are going well for the new lineup there's a certain crew who has to come through reminding everyone that (wait for it) Slash used to be in Guns N' Roses and (wait for it) he was in Guns N' Roses when they were at their peak. Shocking, I know. Most people under 40 don't realize that

In SA we like simple things, the beer cold, the cars fast, and rock n' roll music. Thats all

LOL. Love it. You'll have a great time & I just wish I was there. It aint the real deal (original GnR), but it's all we got (or all you got). Enjoy, you'll be watching one of the last real rock stars. Do us U.S. fans a favor, at some point in show grab beer, hold in upward to sky (pause for us) and pound it. Enjoy!

The lineup has nothing to do with it - it's because they gained a rep for cancelling shows, playing late "on a work night" (maybe new fans can handle it, the old timers have to punch the clock the next morning), plus the band wasn't out touring for it or promoting it on TV.

when your fav band plays a show and you go shouldnt that be something special in your life? something worth taking a day off or calling in sick?

why do you go to a show with your mind still at work? might as well stay at home. are you a slave or a you a human being? overfed american garbage idiots. unworthy of any music performed for you.

Damn right! :thumbsup: When they do a show near me, I am taking a day off the next day. So, Axl, feel free to invite me to party after the show!! :D

The lineup has nothing to do with it - it's because they gained a rep for cancelling shows, playing late "on a work night" (maybe new fans can handle it, the old timers have to punch the clock the next morning), plus the band wasn't out touring for it or promoting it on TV.

when your fav band plays a show and you go shouldnt that be something special in your life? something worth taking a day off or calling in sick?

why do you go to a show with your mind still at work? might as well stay at home. are you a slave or a you a human being? overfed american garbage idiots. unworthy of any music performed for you.

Damn right! :thumbsup: When they do a show near me, I am taking a day off the next day. So, Axl, feel free to invite me to party after the show!! :D

I'm gonna have to take the next day off, I'll have a headache like a mother.

oh, c'mon, guys...

what do you fckng think of us, south americans???

Every fucking one in Brazil knows that Slash is not in the band anymore. Maybe not for Duff and Izzy.

And I'll say more: our shows are not sold out yet only because of Slash's absence.

Believe it, Slash is more popular than Axl here.

change that avatar.

It's almost like GNR has been exiled from the US and has found a new home country in Brazil. Maybe Axl should buy a mansion down there and be the King of Brazil.

Max Cavalera is the King of Brazil.

no, he's not.

I believe he is. He's a hero down there!

Back to the primitive

Fuck all your politics

We got our life to live

The way we want to be

Back to the primitive

Fuck all your politics

"Who feels it, knows it"

(Bob Marley)

And God will guide me

Back to the primitive

Fuck all your bullshit

We're back to set it free

Confronting the negative

Back to the primitive

Fuck all you wannabes

You don't mean shit to me

Let it bleed...

Back to the primitive

Fuck all your politics

We got our life to live

The way we want to be

Back to the primitive

Fuck all your politics

How it used to be

Check your reality

Back to the primitive

Fuck all your politics

Fuck all you wannabes

Aaaaaarggghhh!

Back to the primitive

Fuck all your politics

Forever we will be

What we want to be

It's almost like GNR has been exiled from the US and has found a new home country in Brazil. Maybe Axl should buy a mansion down there and be the King of Brazil.

no, he's not.

I believe he is. He's a hero down there!

Back to the primitive

Fuck all your politics

We got our life to live

The way we want to be

Back to the primitive

Fuck all your politics

"Who feels it, knows it"

(Bob Marley)

And God will guide me

Back to the primitive

Fuck all your bullshit

We're back to set it free

Confronting the negative

Back to the primitive

Fuck all you wannabes

You don't mean shit to me

Let it bleed...

Back to the primitive

Fuck all your politics

We got our life to live

The way we want to be

Back to the primitive

Fuck all your politics

How it used to be

Check your reality

Back to the primitive

Fuck all your politics

Fuck all you wannabes

Aaaaaarggghhh!

Back to the primitive

Fuck all your politics

Forever we will be

What we want to be

No, def he is not! :)

In SA we like simple things, the beer cold, the cars fast, and rock n' roll music. Thats all

LOL. Love it. You'll have a great time & I just wish I was there. It aint the real deal (original GnR), but it's all we got (or all you got). Enjoy, you'll be watching one of the last real rock stars. Do us U.S. fans a favor, at some point in show grab beer, hold in upward to sky (pause for us) and pound it. Enjoy!

We`ll do it! :xmassrudolph: Thanks! :thumbsup:

no, he's not.

I was thinking more like a coke baron. Like Bad Boys 2?

It would be awesome if Sepultra supported GNR for these shows.