Have any of you ever met Axl?

Stipemanblue

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then there's Slash.......oh Slash, I didnt really talk to him but I still asked for an autograph, and he seemed like kind of a dick. He let out this grunt as if im a peon that has no place on this earth, I still got the signature though so guess I won.

LOL

You are worthless compared to Slash.

Be glad he didn't spit in your face as he jumped in his limo. That's what I would have done.

Then there's Slash....... Oh Slash.

I didnt really talk to him but I still asked for an autograph, and he seemed like kind of a dick.

He let out this grunt as if im a peon that has no place on this earth.......

Why am I not surprised to read this? :confused:

$la$h is a dick-head junkie, multiple times over X 10 Trillion. :crazy: But, according to most people, he's a really cool guy. :no:

I dont hate Slash, I LOVE his music, but he seemed like a dick.....Okay I am really happy that I got his sig, but he had no reason to grunt in my face. Im sure he was just tired after the show, but come on, he's not a junkie anymore. Wow jesus that was a huge and needed rant against Slash. I dont know him personalty and neither do you, you dont need to be so aggressive toward him.

I don't love heroin junkies and that's what that guy is. I also don't hate him. I do think that he's a fucking jerk-off and a goof and a confirmed liar just like most heroin and/or crack addicts.

As far as him not being a junkie anymore goes, I call MEGA-BULLSHIT on that one. He's a fucking opiate junkie and always will be. Just because he gets his smack from doctors legally now doesn't mean a fucking thing. The guy has a pace-maker and he will always be doing drugs forever. Don't be surprised when you read about his "accidental accident" in the papers someday, because that's probably what's going to end up happening. Yee-Haw!! He's part of the stupid-club. Appetite for Heroin and being stoned 24-7 is that guys credo. As far as being proud of getting his autograph goes?? Hmm... You must be a supporter of lying, strung-out junkies.

Yup. He's a real hero to be looking up to. A fucking 1st-rate goof is what he is.

Then there's Slash.......oh Slash, I didnt really talk to him but I still asked for an autograph, and he seemed like kind of a dick. He let out this grunt as if im a peon that has no place on this earth, I still got the signature though so guess I won.

LOL

You are worthless compared to Slash.

Be glad he didn't spit in your face as he jumped in his limo. That's what I would have done.

You know what, I'm done with this. I defend Slash and I get this type of post from an idiotic 'Slashite' and I'm tired of it. I'm done defending Slash just because people like you ruin the experiance of it for me. I could never "hate" Slash because his NR outro basicily made me pick up the guitar. But in the past few years Slash has become more and more dissapointing, and Slash fans are becoming more and more idiotic. As far as Crowebar, he may be right I don't know nor care but it's people like you that idolize someone to an extreme were you can no longer find falts in that persons character. Slash(in my experience) is not a nice guy, in fact, he's a jerk but I always stuck up for him when someone goes to the extremem against him. I like Axl better than Slash, but I don't "hate" Slash nor do i have the intention of doing so. But again people like you are just putting him on a pedistol like he's a god or something. I can find falts in Axl's character, now you find falts in Slash's.

I've met Axl on several occasions. Mostly during the UYI tour 91-93. I did audio/video tech for the stage crew and we were always invited to be "part" of the tour. What I mean is... We were given all opportunities to hang with the band, families and friends. Also, opening acts, interpreters, caterers, assistants. You get the idea. Most would be like oh my god, you did that? Keep in mind it was a job. We were paid very little but had all of our accomodations and travel provided. Fun times. Lots of perks. None bigger then Axl's "theme" parties after every show. I was only part of the tour from 92-93. Been to Brasil, Argentina, all over US and Canada (Yes Montreal too) as well as Europe.Never had the pleasure of going to Asia though due to VISA requirements. Still a dream of mine. As for the parties though. Axl threw a different themes party after EVERY show! Anything from toga to masquerade. He is a very cool guy but compared to how many times we've hung with the band, it was much fewer meeting Axl. He is a very private man. He is polite but direct. If he wants to bitch, he will. Media, fans, crew doesn't matter who's around. He used to run around the staging area for exercise and just scream. His reason is too see how long he can hold a note while running. Too funny. But that's the reason I speak so highly of Axl. I know what he's all about and it pisses me off when web warriors "think" they know him or decide to blame him for the break-up etc. I was there in July 93. Those close to him say he tried everything to keep Slash from walking.

I was given this opportunity as part of an apprenticeship in high school. The band wanted young people to train because there's a better chance of a young person not bitching about how much they make. I pursued this later on. I was an Audio Recording Technician for Metalworks in Mississauga, Canada (The band recorded there for UYI but I was there years later) after going to Ryerson University. Many of you have asked why I know so much. It pisses some of you off. I am a family man now. Still love the band, still love Axl and everything he stands for. I will admit that I did stop following all the news during the long after UYI hiatus. I pursued my industry and now DJ as well. My 8 year old son is as big a fan as I was at 10 when AFD was released. Been a supporter of the GNR empire for 23 years. How many 10 year olds ran out to buy Appetite For Destruction, had their parents try to convince them to buy, in my case, Glass Tiger. I heard Jungle on HTZ FM and that was it. I threw a fit in the record store til I got my way. I figured this was the right time to tell the forum who I am and how much this band means to me. I still have many close friends in the industry. Universal, Geffen, SFX, Dyamex etc. I honestly feel this band has never been tighter. I never met Axl on this tour but did meet him in 2002 and 2006.

The next time ya see me tear someone to shredz in forum. Now ya know why. I live and breathe this band. Axl is truly my idol as he is many of yours. Never really liked Slash. Next to Axl and Duff. Gilby was da man. Oh and Dizzy is another character. Some of you may find this a waste. I decided to write this because of PM's I have received. The notorious Madison and Eric knew who I was before anyone else for the record!

So you were 14-16 years old while being a roadie for Guns N' Roses?

Lol k

He's probably full of crap but it's harmless

I don't have to impress you nor did I have to make that post. I did it because people kept PMing me. Ya don't like it. Oh well. Am I supposed to care?

Nah not really. It'd be nice to see some proof though. Do you have your pass from back then? It'd be cool to see

I've met Axl on several occasions. Mostly during the UYI tour 91-93. I did audio/video tech for the stage crew and we were always invited to be "part" of the tour. What I mean is... We were given all opportunities to hang with the band, families and friends. Also, opening acts, interpreters, caterers, assistants. You get the idea. Most would be like oh my god, you did that? Keep in mind it was a job. We were paid very little but had all of our accomodations and travel provided. Fun times. Lots of perks. None bigger then Axl's "theme" parties after every show. I was only part of the tour from 92-93. Been to Brasil, Argentina, all over US and Canada (Yes Montreal too) as well as Europe.Never had the pleasure of going to Asia though due to VISA requirements. Still a dream of mine. As for the parties though. Axl threw a different themes party after EVERY show! Anything from toga to masquerade. He is a very cool guy but compared to how many times we've hung with the band, it was much fewer meeting Axl. He is a very private man. He is polite but direct. If he wants to bitch, he will. Media, fans, crew doesn't matter who's around. He used to run around the staging area for exercise and just scream. His reason is too see how long he can hold a note while running. Too funny. But that's the reason I speak so highly of Axl. I know what he's all about and it pisses me off when web warriors "think" they know him or decide to blame him for the break-up etc. I was there in July 93. Those close to him say he tried everything to keep Slash from walking.

I was given this opportunity as part of an apprenticeship in high school. The band wanted young people to train because there's a better chance of a young person not bitching about how much they make. I pursued this later on. I was an Audio Recording Technician for Metalworks in Mississauga, Canada (The band recorded there for UYI but I was there years later) after going to Ryerson University. Many of you have asked why I know so much. It pisses some of you off. I am a family man now. Still love the band, still love Axl and everything he stands for. I will admit that I did stop following all the news during the long after UYI hiatus. I pursued my industry and now DJ as well. My 8 year old son is as big a fan as I was at 10 when AFD was released. Been a supporter of the GNR empire for 23 years. How many 10 year olds ran out to buy Appetite For Destruction, had their parents try to convince them to buy, in my case, Glass Tiger. I heard Jungle on HTZ FM and that was it. I threw a fit in the record store til I got my way. I figured this was the right time to tell the forum who I am and how much this band means to me. I still have many close friends in the industry. Universal, Geffen, SFX, Dyamex etc. I honestly feel this band has never been tighter. I never met Axl on this tour but did meet him in 2002 and 2006.

The next time ya see me tear someone to shredz in forum. Now ya know why. I live and breathe this band. Axl is truly my idol as he is many of yours. Never really liked Slash. Next to Axl and Duff. Gilby was da man. Oh and Dizzy is another character. Some of you may find this a waste. I decided to write this because of PM's I have received. The notorious Madison and Eric knew who I was before anyone else for the record!

So you were 14-16 years old while being a roadie for Guns N' Roses?

Lol k

He's probably full of crap but it's harmless

I don't have to impress you nor did I have to make that post. I did it because people kept PMing me. Ya don't like it. Oh well. Am I supposed to care?

Nah not really. It'd be nice to see some proof though. Do you have your pass from back then? It'd be cool to see

Well that was almost 20 years ago. I dunno what, if anything I still have. I'm sorry. I understand it's hard to believe but, for what it's worth, it is true.

MicEffecT, thank you for sharing your extraordinary experience. It confirms everything I mean to know about Axl so far. And yes, I love what he stands for, too.

Somebody mentioned, how he really listens to people talking to him or asking a question. Last time I was reminded of this habit of his was the newly appeared vids of when Elton John was introduced to the Hall Of Fame back in 93, I think. His calm, intent face expression when he listens to somebody touches my heart everytime I see him like this.

Never met him myself, but everything you hear from people who actually have supports the idea that he is a great and amiable guy.

So, thanks again. You made my day when I found your report. :)

That's so cool you have this experience at such a young age.

I was given this opportunity as part of an apprenticeship out of high school. The band wanted young people to train because there's a better chance of a young person not bitching about how much they make. This was an once in a lifetime opportunity. I pursued this later on. I was an Audio Recording Technician for Metalworks in Mississauga, Canada (The band recorded there for UYI but I was there years later) after going to Ryerson University. Many of you have asked why I know so much. It pisses some of you off. I am a family man now. Still love the band, still love Axl and everything he stands for. I will admit that I did stop following all the news during the long after UYI hiatus. I pursued my industry and now DJ as well. I figured this was the right time to tell the forum who I am and how much this band means to me. I still have many close friends in the industry. Universal, Geffen, SFX, Dyamex etc. I honestly feel this band has never been tighter. I never met Axl on this tour but did meet him in 2002 and 2006.

Wow - what an awesome opportunity!

...and I'm sitting here counting all the random people (such as yourself) who I met in Canada earlier this year - - who had met Axl at some point in their life - - makes me believe there is hope for me yet!!! (In getting to meet Axl, that is...hard to say bout the rest).

But hey - I got to meet you, MicEffecT and lots of cool others....so, it's all good. :thumbsup:

...just a little (more) patience

I was given this opportunity as part of an apprenticeship out of high school. The band wanted young people to train because there's a better chance of a young person not bitching about how much they make. This was an once in a lifetime opportunity. I pursued this later on. I was an Audio Recording Technician for Metalworks in Mississauga, Canada (The band recorded there for UYI but I was there years later) after going to Ryerson University. Many of you have asked why I know so much. It pisses some of you off. I am a family man now. Still love the band, still love Axl and everything he stands for. I will admit that I did stop following all the news during the long after UYI hiatus. I pursued my industry and now DJ as well. I figured this was the right time to tell the forum who I am and how much this band means to me. I still have many close friends in the industry. Universal, Geffen, SFX, Dyamex etc. I honestly feel this band has never been tighter. I never met Axl on this tour but did meet him in 2002 and 2006.

Wow - what an awesome opportunity!

...and I'm sitting here counting all the random people (such as yourself) who I met in Canada earlier this year - - who had met Axl at some point in their life - - makes me believe there is hope for me yet!!! (In getting to meet Axl, that is...hard to say bout the rest).

But hey - I got to meet you, MicEffecT and lots of cool others....so, it's all good. :thumbsup:

...just a little (more) patience

Haha. N' I got 2 meet you too innocuous1. Girlz like u make me proud to be Canadian :P