One of the best live performances ever

Estranged Reality

It's magical:

Sends chills down my spine.

I was listening to this exact performance on iTunes, when I came across your thread. Chills down my spine as well---

When I read your brief description I knew what it was going to be before I even clicked it. :thumbsup:

I personally think it's better than the studio version. The screams that start at 3:20 on that video are awesome, and the one at 3:30 did literally give me goosebumps the first couple of times I heard it.

Edited by _Simon

This TWAT performance is amazing. His voice is still so clear and strong as 20 years ago. Respect Axl.

You're all nuts. It's the best Twat performance so far from 09/10 and the second best Twat performance ever out of the few there are but he's still struggling badly with the verses and to call it clear and strong is ridiculous. The scream is pretty cool but nowhere near as epic and well-controlled as in the only really good live vocal of Twat to date at Hammerstein 2006:

That is the only time he has sung Twat and not sounded and looked like he's really struggling. He's also singing it clean like on the record which, as with Catcher, he seems to have given up on doing because it's too hard to switch to that natural, clean voice in the middle of all the screaming and shrieking of a live show.

The scream at the end of that Hammerstein performance is like a frickin banshee. I wish he hadn't missed out the scream before the guitar solo. If it had that, was better quality and Bumble had had time to pratice the solo more it would probably be about as good a live performance of Twat as you'll ever get.

Edited by Jordan Rose

You people are crazy, Axl is struggling with the vocals the whole song. If it wasn't for the vocal enhancers you could hardly hear him in the mix.

Listen to the Hammerstein NYC performance, Axl sounded better in 2006 and Robin Finck was on guitar. Madrid 2006 also was better.

Bumble is still (!) struggling with the solo, his skill and theory bullshit doesn't get him anywhere in that song. The solo sounds forced and lifeless - when Buckethead played it it was all emotion and fireworks.

They should stop playing that song in concert because TWAT with Micky Mouse Axl and without Robin and Buckethead plain sucks. The song will never sound as good as the studio version.

It's the Estranged of the CD-era Guns.

This gives me some goosebumps.

The Osaka videos from the person (MichelleUS66) who uploaded these on youtube all look (video and sound wise) realy great.

I think I like this one more as well. I like this performance of TWAT, but I don't think it's the best for that concert. It's the best performance of the song, though.

I have a feeling that great things will come from the South America leg. rock1

Also have to say that the "surprise gigs" rate HIGH on the one of the best live performances list....wish I could've seen that in person, but did see/hear what's available on youtube - - and "You're Crazy" at John Varvatos will be a personal favorite of mine likely forever. :heart:

isn't there any video of This I Love from London, Ontario? was it just me or was that the best performance of the song ever done? including what was on the album...

Hamilton

...well that was the best version of This I Love from the shows I saw anyway.

I was privileged to be in the audience to witness this performance.Check him out around the two minute mark...he walked to the side of the stage I was at...and I was pretty damn close.It was vintage Axl,his body was trembling,he was channeling the music man...he was in the fucking zone and he was feeling it.If you hit a GnR show when Axl's in that frame of mind,you've hit an exceptionally amazing GnR event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQLL5xAqLeI&feature=related

Youtube does zero justice to this song,wait till you hear this one live.It's fucking astounding.I was mesmerized,it was every bit as electric as anything I heard in the early 90's.

I remember hearing November Rain for the first time in '91...before the albums came out...I'd never heard the song before.

It was one of those HOLY SHIT! astounding moments,where you look at the person next to you wide eyed with your jaw dropped.

This performance...in fact,all three performances of this song were easily in the same stratosphere of excellence.

Live...this song is a whole different beast.

Anybody who doubts Axl Rose is still a viable force on the concert stage after hearing this song live,you're fuckin nuts.

isn't there any video of This I Love from London, Ontario? was it just me or was that the best performance of the song ever done? including what was on the album...

Hamilton

...well that was the best version of This I Love from the shows I saw anyway.

I was privileged to be in the audience to witness this performance.Check him out around the two minute mark...he walked to the side of the stage I was at...and I was pretty damn close.It was vintage Axl,his body was trembling,he was channeling the music man...he was in the fucking zone and he was feeling it.If you hit a GnR show when Axl's in that frame of mind,you've hit an exceptionally amazing GnR event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQLL5xAqLeI&feature=related

Youtube does zero justice to this song,wait till you hear this one live.It's fucking astounding.I was mesmerized,it was every bit as electric as anything I heard in the early 90's.

I remember hearing November Rain for the first time in '91...before the albums came out...I'd never heard the song before.

It was one of those HOLY SHIT! astounding moments,where you look at the person next to you wide eyed with your jaw dropped.

This performance...in fact,all three performances of this song were easily in the same stratosphere of excellence.

Live...this song is a whole different beast.

Anybody who doubts Axl Rose is still a viable force on the concert stage after hearing this song live,you're fuckin nuts.

Thats amazing. Axl's voice has improved soooo much since the Japanese tours, i can only dream of what it will sound like as the tour rolls on. I remember hearing the first bootleg of TIL from Japan thinking "Axl is struggling" but he is fucken kicking ass right now. Where before he was sometimes out of breathe, he now sings it just like the album, if not better. Best rock n roll frontman ever, EVER!

My favorite performance, but I can see why you might think the verse vocals are weak.

That scream is still the greatest live-Axl moment ever.

Yeah, I just like the last couple minutes when he's screaming. I don't care what people say, those screams are better than Hammerstein, and Ron's solo is vastly improved since then.

He struggles on the verses but he sounds like that on a lot of the new stuff when it's played live.

I was playing CD in my car the other day day dreaming of what it's gonna be like seeing GNR when they get to Ireland, and I thought the only possible way I could be in any way bummed coming out of a GNR show is if they don't play TWAT or Prostitute.

I need those two songs to make the show 100% perfect, I'm not holding out though, they seem to be two of the songs that are really off and on the set list.

rons twat solo is so awesme it hurts. i really wish they would play it more.

seeing the band live it was clear the youtubes dont do him justice. in person its just a whole other entity. the verse / chorus of twat usually sounds pretty terrible on the bootlegs so i was really interested to hear it live.

I was playing CD in my car the other day day dreaming of what it's gonna be like seeing GNR when they get to Ireland, and I thought the only possible way I could be in any way bummed coming out of a GNR show is if they don't play TWAT or Prostitute.

I need those two songs to make the show 100% perfect, I'm not holding out though, they seem to be two of the songs that are really off and on the set list.

Prostitute is the only song from ChiDem I have't heard live yet.

...something to look forward to