Do you guys think Axl's finishing up CD II in New York right now?

ITW 2012

At the moment I doubt it to be honest. Probably just wants to focus on the tour, he has a studio at his home so he may well play around in there during the down time. Axl always says he has to adjust to going on tour and get his life in a place where it's healthy for him to do so. I doubt being in tour mode and album mode is a pleasent place to be considering how much pressure comes with each of them.

But I don't know the guy, for all I know he is in the studio 24/7 and only taking breaks to do the gigs.

That's how TSI? was recorded I think

Different situation if it was, they already had the songs written for them, all they had to do was basically re-record them and put their own spin on it.

How's that different? Write the songs beforehand (they've had enough time) and go into the studio to record some tracks.

True, but we have no idea how far along these songs are. Plus with TSI? it wasn't as big a release, it was a cover album, whereas with these Chinese Democracy pipeline albums there is a lot riding on them, Axl's reputation, this new bands reputation, record company payments etc. It's not the kind of album you just "hurry up and finish".

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think Axl's finishing up CD II in New York right now? This article from the New York times mentions something about Axl working on another album. http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/music/new_york_hottest_party_boy_H44lJMpys5ISi02a7jB7hM

Dr. Pepper didn't make the right offer.

If Axl puts CD2 out before the end of the year I'll wash as many of his cars as he can fit in my driveway.

Edited by Stipemanblue

Do you guys think Axl's finishing up CD II in New York right now? This article from the New York times mentions something about Axl working on another album. http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/music/new_york_hottest_party_boy_H44lJMpys5ISi02a7jB7hM

NO!!!

That makes no sense for them to be finishing it up now when theyre promoting chinese democracy, and which one of you GED fuck heads came up with the idea they're gonna name the next record after a song from a completely different album?? Go fuck yourself whoever you are...seriously like not happening. Drop it.

We can only dream :D

Then again, Axl DID once say that he had enough material for a double album, so working on it is a possibility. But FINISHING it? No way in Hell.

He could quite easily be adding some vocal parts and mixing the second half of the Chinese Democracy sessions. Releasing the second half of CD before the US leg of the tour would be a good idea.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Axl has been there for a while, he always seemed to love the place. Plus the fact that those shows are selling so well may put a fire under his arse to make the most of it.

Axl ?? Here in Brazil ?? No chance. He can't hide here like he hide in US. :P

:rofl-lol: are you going to manage the group of the stalkers of him in brazil? will you write a daily diary and inform everyone here? :book::rofl-lol:

on topic: no idea if they´re working on the second cd..maybe when the tour end..

Edited by danmak

Yes. Will I Am is going to produce the next GnR album.

:mellow: Please dear lord dont let anyone get near a new cd from this band . Is already enough that Slash recorded something with Ferguie *shakes head* how is it possible ??? i ask

And answering to the topic ...no i dont think so . Believe Axl and the band are concentrated on the tour , working their best to do good shows that put the guns name out there . I guess is not a bad idea to concentrate on one thing at the time

Edited by love&hates

We can only dream :D

Then again, Axl DID once say that he had enough material for a double album, so working on it is a possibility. But FINISHING it? No way in Hell.

He could quite easily be adding some vocal parts and mixing the second half of the Chinese Democracy sessions. Releasing the second half of CD before the US leg of the tour would be a good idea.

If Axl releases Chinese D. 2 this year, he can bring all of his shoes over and I'll shine them. He can even tell me to go get my shine box (like in Goodfellas) and I won't get mad.

That was a cool article, I'm glad Axl had a good time during his stay in my city :P I kept an eye out for him just in case, but I wasn't expecting to see him - and didn't.

As for the album, I doubt it. Judging from the article he seemed to be in New York to do those shows and have a good time, blow off some steam. Touring has been good for him, and I doubt at this point when he has a series of shows coming up that he's even thinking about finishing the next album right now.

Might have booked some studio time just in case they wanted to work on music while they were in town.

I think the comment was just someone asking him what he's up to, and it's prob. the answer he gives a lot of people who ask that question.

But if he's already finished some of the songs he left off Chinese Democracy for any number of reasons - if all they need are 3 or 4 new songs, then there's also a lot less distractions then there were from 95 to 08, not to mention just wanting to relax and enjoy life after a decade of working at making GNR a huge success.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the songs are actually suitable for release, but still wants to tweak them a bit and play around with them. If he has 9 or 10 songs ready to go, but 1 or 2 that he feels still need some work, so be it.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Axl has been there for a while, he always seemed to love the place. Plus the fact that those shows are selling so well may put a fire under his arse to make the most of it.

Axl ?? Here in Brazil ?? No chance. He can't hide here like he hide in US. :P

:rofl-lol: are you going to manage the group of the stalkers of him in brazil? will you write a daily diary and inform everyone here? :book::rofl-lol:

on topic: no idea if they´re working on the second cd..maybe when the tour end..

Not at all. Beyonce, Madonna, all stars are gone by now. He's the chosen one by paparazzi's in the next few days. I hope no one gets hurt like in December :lol:

It's not impossible!

They could just be in studio to add some parts to the song, maybe Dj is doing his solos and putting them in the already done songs.

Who knows? Axl should use the awesome voice he has at the momento to record some vocal parts.

I just hope he don't force it too much, I want him perfect in Brazil, so the band, but they don't have much chances of "hurting" themselves in studio.

I have enjoyed, and still am thoroughly enjoying Chi. Dem. A new CD would be the cat's meow, for sure. And honestly, I normally don't really care how long Axl takes to do shit, but father time catches us all at some point, so here's to being an optimistic GNR fan! :xmasssanta:

Finishing up? Doubt it.

Working on it? Possibly.

He has many songs to release. He said back in '06 in the Eddie Trunk interveiw that he has two albums worth of material done and was working on a track for the THIRD album. I think, if anything, thay may be just re-recording Robins or Buckets parts with DJ Ashba, but I don't think their finishing it. I just hope they release it before the end of 2010 or before the U.S tour, to make people want to see the band, because we know U.S. doesn't appreciate Axl or his band, they only care about Slash and the old GN'R. I don't want to wait until 2014 for a new album, doubt that'll happen though. As strong and tight as the band is right now, I don't see why they cant be working on it. They have the songs written already, now It just a matter of time now. It would be cool if they played one of the new songs at a concert, would love to hear The General or Atlas Shrugged. I think he will want to keep it under rap for a while to aviod the leaks.

''Another person who’s partied with Rose says he’s working on a new album after last year’s disappointing “Chinese Democracy” — the first Guns N’ Roses studio album in 15 years — and has something to prove''

OH FUCK YEAH

Axl spent years working on all these songs so it only makes sense that he'd want to release them asap. I imagine it just comes down to Doc working out a deal with the record company.

Edited by ITW 2012

This wouldn't surprise me either----but then again neither would another extended wait.

For me, the justification that this could be true, and we could see the followup album drop pretty quick comes down to two things:

1.Axl didn't spend 15 years working on just the tracks we have now---that's for damn sure. If I had to bet, I would bet that there are quite a few songs including some of the best he's ever done in quite advanced stages of completion (based on the chats, and information that has trickled to us over the years I think this is a no brainer)---{side note 2- now just b/c Axl has a bunch of great songs in advanced stages of completion, doesn't mean a damn thing, cuz he could decide he wants to move in an entirely different direction or what ever.......only thing that's for sure is nothing's for sure}

2.We all know Axl does things on his time table, when he's ready, and that recent article lending speculation to the fact that Axl's working on the follow up to CD, and has something to prove, while the writer was definitely coming off sensationalistic and coattail riding in some respects-----it also sounds plausible---from the standpoint that Axl no doubt wants to be the best, and is known for extending a "grand gesture" or two at times (Secret gigs, 2 album release of the illusions, live discussion with the fans, etc etc etc etc all grand & unexpected).....given the amount of buzz and positive press, etc etc perhaps his ultimate plan is to ride that wave and gain momentum then drop the followup and BOOM

GNR's back @ number 1.

Pure speculation & conjecture?-----YES. Plausible & Possible?----YES! Likely?----Not so much.

But I wouldn't count it outside the realm of possibility either. :D

Would be cool if they could release another record by the end of the year. They are after all on a huge high. It would be cool to see the momentum continuing through the next year too.

I'm not holding my breath though. I'm very happy with Chinese Democracy. My favorite Guns album for sure.