Private gig in Rio?!

Caroline

I thought this was something you did with prostitutes, not rock bands.

WTF? Last time I checked, a professional band= A group of individuals who derive all or part of their livelihood from playing music together-live, or recorded. Also known as live entertainers.

Why in gods name would a band turn down a six figure payday to play an abridged set to a small group of people? In what is most likely a posh, catered atmosphere no less! This is 0 to do with whoring out from the bands perspective and everything to do with simple economics as well as common sense!!!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with private gigs. I'm 200% sure that any of us who could afford it, would try to get GNR play at their house!!! rock3

I'll tell ya, if I ever win the lottery, I'll ask Axl and the band to come play at my house at any cost, and I would have each and every one of you fuckers on this board flewn in from whatever fucking part of the world, and we would have the party of the century!!!! Even the cupcakes would be invited for a jolly good ol time!!! rock2

That is a helluva nice gesture ROY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I am holding you to this....please submit name, DOB, address, and SSN (for lottery tracking purposes) to me via PM by end of day today! rock3

rock1

J/j---

I agree with you tho---There is 0 wrong with private gigs. Bands get paid to play-----and will & should in most cases play live for whomever can meet their requirements. Additionally most everyone of us if we could afford the price tag WOULD for damn sure have a private GNR party. I know I would love to have them play for 300 of my closest friends! LOL. Hell! Let's take up a board collection, and book a private gig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll all throw in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe they can give us a stripped down Acoustic show for a discount! :rofl-lol:

wishful thinking I know.

Edited by JayceAce23

private gigs have been on since forever

don't know what the big deal is...., almost every band does private gigs, thei're just a band, not Gods as some would like to imagine

from The Rolling Stones and down the order, they've all done it

don't get what the big deal is

Edited by dario27

private gigs have been on since forever

don't know what the big deal is...., almost every band does private gigs, thei're just a band, not Gods as some would like to imagine

from The Rolling Stones and down the order, they've all done it

don't get what the big deal is

:thumbsup:

Figure at least $250K for 90 minute show. That's at minimum. They're probably getting more than they make playing a sold out show in an arena, and with a smaller road crew, a scaled down show, it's worth doing.

This is better than what people like Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian do... where they show up for 5 minutes, collect the check, and leave. Usually a 6 figure check. Or they go to someone's bar mitzvah or 18 year old birthday.

They just show up and get paid, maybe they "perform" one song, which is just the DJ playing their song and them singing and talking over it.

At the private shows GNRs doing - fans that grew up listening to them with deep pockets, but still GNR fans. And the crowds are probably a little more well behaved than the ones at the arenas, but that's not to say someone isn't going to try to get on stage and disrupt the set. Also, if no one's telling them what songs to play,or what to say, it's still a show.

Figure at least $250K for 90 minute show. That's at minimum. They're probably getting more than they make playing a sold out show in an arena, and with a smaller road crew, a scaled down show, it's worth doing.

This is better than what people like Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian do... where they show up for 5 minutes, collect the check, and leave. Usually a 6 figure check. Or they go to someone's bar mitzvah or 18 year old birthday.

They just show up and get paid, maybe they "perform" one song, which is just the DJ playing their song and them singing and talking over it.

At the private shows GNRs doing - fans that grew up listening to them with deep pockets, but still GNR fans. And the crowds are probably a little more well behaved than the ones at the arenas, but that's not to say someone isn't going to try to get on stage and disrupt the set. Also, if no one's telling them what songs to play,or what to say, it's still a show.

Whow ! thank you for the informtaion!! :lol:

So get 250 people charge USD$1000 per person , we can have a private gig? ha ! :xmasssanta: :thumbsup: