Found Appetite w. orignal artwork today for $30!!!!!

HOLY Shit - I was in a record store in LA today and found Appetite on Vinyl (orignial not re-release) w. the ORIGINAL COVER and it was only $30! I have wanted this for the past like 20 yrs- since it came out and my friend in college had it -her uncle worked for a radio station or record company or something in the 80's - anyway-I I know I could have gone on EBAY or whatever but it just isn't the same as acutally finding it in the store - I am so psyched and just wanted to share w. some people who may understand- :)

argh.....not THAT makes me hungry.

I have to wonder though.......

how many copies does Axl have?

how many copies does each of the originals have?

on the other hand.....

do the original members care?

they have the original versions in their heads!

FUCK.....to have a head like that!

I think you should use an image hosting service, e.g. imageshack.us.

Upload the picture there and then post it here using a link.

try that ?

http://img689.yfrog.com/i/afd002.jpg/

see if this works

It works. And you're lucky one! :thumbsup: I'll post the picture right in this thread if you don't mind.

afd002.jpg

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

NOOOOOOOO - after some internet research I think my too good to be true find is just that!! -seems they are counterfeiting AFD w. original artwork as well and I may have gotten just that - (based on serial #'s etc- still not sure as mine was a german release (?) but likely that it is fake- callled the rec. store and they were cool about it and will take it back but sooooooooooooo bummed - oh well will keep looking..... beware evil counterfeiters though!

It has never been banned in Europe.......... And it's been reissued like a hundred times with original artwork. I really don't see any reason to go after the original unless it comes with the stickers (UK first pressing).

It has never been banned in Europe.......... And it's been reissued like a hundred times with original artwork. I really don't see any reason to go after the original unless it comes with the stickers (UK first pressing).

I always wanted the origninal because I always felt that it was the way it was meant to be released- you don't change art- call me a traditionalist. Not sure if you are correct about the Europe thing (being reissued w. original coverwork) because when I was checking to see if mine was legit there was a list of all the issues and most (from various countries) had the changed art work. Besides - I don't live in Europe.. BUT if there are, as you and the other poster say, copies growing on trees over there - feel free to send one my way B)

I always wanted the origninal because I always felt that it was the way it was meant to be released- you don't change art- call me a traditionalist. Not sure if you are correct about the Europe thing (being reissued w. original coverwork) because when I was checking to see if mine was legit there was a list of all the issues and most (from various countries) had the changed art work. Besides - I don't live in Europe.. BUT if there are, as you and the other poster say, copies growing on trees over there - feel free to send one my way B)

Geffen reissued the banned cover

I have 3 of the UK originals Adler signed for me

Just buy one on ebay with the original stickers

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

• 2 weeks later...

yeah you can find it quite often, it got re-issued and is not that rare. Amoeba has it quite often(probably where you got it being the shortage of stores left in LA)

Possibly. I was in Amoeba last week though and they didn't have one with the original artwork. Only the AFD cross cover. I have one with the original artwork(rape scene on cover) never opened but it was obviously a reissue. I orderd it right form HMV. I got it about 8 years ago I think. I don't care though. It's exactly the same just not original issue. Maybe if I was a harcore collector I'd care but....

Edited by Bono

So how much is an original one worth if it's in pretty good condition? And how can I tell if it's the original release?

$40-$100 US depending on the country version/condition

Troccoli's site has them listed with photos

http://www.troccolitm.com/appetite.html?1165058660953

Edited by ThinkAboutYou