Guns N' Roses plan "secret" shows in South America

Jackie Moon

before you read the posting, fernando replies:

Let's clear this up. There will not be three shows in South America. Not sure why Jamison is commenting on something he shouldn't be.

DATE March 8th 2010

TITLE Guns N' Roses plan "secret" shows in South America

TEXT

The shows are set for undisclosed locations in Sao Paulo on Thursday and Buenos Aires on March 20. Plans are also in the works for a show in Rio De Janeiro.

Organizer Jamison Ernest said each venue will hold about 150 people. He declined to reveal too much information for fear of riots by uninvited guests. He will co-host the Sao Paulo show with Brazilian model Ana Beatriz Barros.

The 11-date tour, the band's first trek around the continent since its heyday in 1992, began on Sunday in Brasilia. Dates are on tap through April 1 in Quito, Ecuador. The band will also play Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Venezuela and Colombia.

Ernest, a friend of Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose, also runs a clothing company and has a band, both named Yellow Fever. He previously organized three secret Guns N' Roses shows, two in New York City and one in London.

Rose is the only remaining member left from the band when its popularity peaked during a decade spanning the 1980s and 1990s. The other members were either ousted or quit. Even though its 2008 album "Chinese Democracy," its first release in 17 years, was a major flop, the band remains a strong concert draw.

Rose and his new crop of bandmates were last in Brazil to play the Rock in Rio festival in January 2001.

SOURCE http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62802H20100309

there you go folks, riot away. (i was joking but with this band i feel i must make that clear)

Edited by Jackie Moon

DATE March 8th 2010

TITLE Guns N' Roses plan "secret" shows in South America

TEXT

The shows are set for undisclosed locations in Sao Paulo on Thursday and Buenos Aires on March 20. Plans are also in the works for a show in Rio De Janeiro.

Organizer Jamison Ernest said each venue will hold about 150 people. He declined to reveal too much information for fear of riots by uninvited guests. He will co-host the Sao Paulo show with Brazilian model Ana Beatriz Barros.

The 11-date tour, the band's first trek around the continent since its heyday in 1992, began on Sunday in Brasilia. Dates are on tap through April 1 in Quito, Ecuador. The band will also play Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Venezuela and Colombia.

Ernest, a friend of Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose, also runs a clothing company and has a band, both named Yellow Fever. He previously organized three secret Guns N' Roses shows, two in New York City and one in London.

Rose is the only remaining member left from the band when its popularity peaked during a decade spanning the 1980s and 1990s. The other members were either ousted or quit. Even though its 2008 album "Chinese Democracy," its first release in 17 years, was a major flop, the band remains a strong concert draw.

Rose and his new crop of bandmates were last in Brazil to play the Rock in Rio festival in January 2001.

SOURCE http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62802H20100309

there you go folks, riot away.

Let's clear this up. There will not be three shows in South America. Not sure why Jamison is commenting on something he shouldn't be.

thanks for commenting, i put your post above the article so people read that first.

does this mean there wil be more secret shows just these details are wrong?

somebody should link this jamison dude to a definition of secret.

I wonder where the Argentinean show will be. Roxy maybe?

It's bigger than 150 though...

There will not be a Argentina show.

Wait... no Argentina show at all????

I heard River Plate was gonna be shutdown for concerts. Fuck, don't fucking scare me.

I even heard they were gonna use another stadium... please clarify what you said.

I wonder where the Argentinean show will be. Roxy maybe?

It's bigger than 150 though...

There will not be a Argentina show.

Which is not a no to secret shows in Brazil.

So technically - No secret show in Argentina, and there isn't three secret shows, but there could be two, or five, or fifty shows outside of Argentina. :rofl-lol:

Yeah I'm just fucking around, but your words really are going to be picked apart in this thread.

from blabbermouth:

Fernando Lebeis, the son of Beta Lebeis — GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose's personal assistant — has shot down reports that GN'R will play three private shows in Brazil and Argentina during the band's current tour of South America.

Accoording to Reuters, organizer Jamison Ernest announced on Monday that GUNS N' ROSES will play three secret gigs at undisclosed locations in Sao Paulo on Thursday and Buenos Aires on March 20. Plans were also said to be in the works for a show in Rio De Janeiro.

Ernest said each venue will hold about 150 people but declined to reveal too much information for fear of riots by uninvited guests.

In a posting on the message board of the GUNS N' ROSES fan site Here Today... Gone To Hell!, Lebeis responded to the Reuters report by stating, "Sorry, guys, there will not be three secret shows in South America."

He added, "Sorry for the confusion, some people just need to be quiet and enjoy the sun."

GUNS N' ROSES' 11-date South American tour, the band's first trek around the continent since its heyday in 1992, began on Sunday in Brasilia. Dates are on tap through April 1 in Quito, Ecuador. The band will also play Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Venezuela and Colombia.

source http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=136388

Guest RonMexico82

The only detail That I care about is that this woman will be hosting one of these shows:

Ana_Beatriz_Barros_01.jpg

Christ on a bicycle, I'd bang her like a screen door in a hurricane.

Edited by RonMexico82

Stay Tunned tonight DISCO CLUB Sao Paulo will Rock !!!

Actually, rumor has it that it's been cancelled by the band cause they made the name of the place public... but that could only be so we don't go to the door and break in :xmassrudolph:

Oh, if I was in São Paulo...

We'll just have to wait and see.

Christ on a bicycle, I'd bang her like a screen door in a hurricane.

Wut da... :blink::o

:lol:

Edited by Deb Rose