Slash says he wouldn't want to fight Axl Rose

axlstud

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give it up Ali, you're fighting a lost (and incorrect cause) and it's making you look like a lemming.

Oh and since you apparently can't read, the 3rd female we know about who has publicly spoken about his constant abuse was Gina his gf of multiple years that he moved to LA with. As I mentioned earlier.

Give it up Ali, you're fighting a lost (and incorrect cause) and it's making you look like a lemming.

Oh and since you apparently can't read, the 3rd female we know about who has publicly spoken about his constant abuse was Gina his gf of multiple years that he moved to LA with. As I mentioned earlier.

Right, the same person who's name you don't even know :rolleyes:

Her name was Gina Siler. I am well aware of who she is, but I've never seen any explicit allegations of physical abuse. Just the same old, same old talk of him and his temper and mood swings. Not the same thing as being physically abusive, though I'm sure to you, considering it involves Axl, you think it is. Is it possible? Sure, it's possible.

It's hardly a lost or incorrect cause. Without any proof or criminal charges being filed, all they are, are just allegations. In case you've forgotten, in the US criminal court system, it's innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. Though, I understand, the court of public opinion works differently.

By the way, since you seem to be so into stating the facts, here's a big one for you. The fact that Erin Everly filed a civil lawsuit against Axl IS a direct attempt to get money from him. Where else would any award for damages come from? :rolleyes:

Oh, and I loved the ironic comment about not being able to read. The irony is in the fact that two exes alleged physical abuse AND filed civil charges is what I said.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Best kind of psycho

I'm a huge Axl/GNR fan, but whenever I read one of those old stories about his proclivity to beat chicks I'm always taken aback a little and wonder why I'm a hug fan of this guy. I mean it would be understandable if he just hit one of his gf's as an isolated incident fueled by passion/rage, but doing it often and in public seemed to be his MO. It's kinda hard to get past that sometimes, atleast for me.

He was not over with his family background back then. He treated women the way he learned at home from the earliest age how they are meant to be treated. I would only blame him if he'd still do it, now that he knows better.

There is nothing more annoying, and pathetic that I read on this forum than the terms Axlites and Slashites.

It really is irritating to read. When I read it it sounds like insects and I think of axlites and slashites as little soil grubs scurrying around in the dirt.

Right, the same person who's name you don't even know :rolleyes:

Her name was Gina Siler. I am well aware of who she is, but I've never seen any explicit allegations of physical abuse. Just the same old, same old talk of him and his temper and mood swings. Not the same thing as being physically abusive, though I'm sure to you, considering it involves Axl, you think it is. Is it possible? Sure, it's possible.

It's hardly a lost or incorrect cause. Without any proof or criminal charges being filed, all they are, are just allegations. In case you've forgotten, in the US criminal court system, it's innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. Though, I understand, the court of public opinion works differently.

By the way, since you seem to be so into stating the facts, here's a big one for you. The fact that Erin Everly filed a civil lawsuit against Axl IS a direct attempt to get money from him. Where else would any award for damages come from? :rolleyes:

Oh, and I loved the ironic comment about not being able to read. The irony is in the fact that two exes alleged physical abuse AND filed civil charges is what I said.

Ali

Go for it, Ali. I'm with you almost everytime.

Thanks, I just find it funny that someone would talk about not ignoring the obvious, yet at the time saying that Erin Everly never attempted to get any of Axl's money considering she did in fact file a civil lawsuit against Axl. Anyone "in the know" would know that damages awarded should she win the suit would be getting money from Axl. The fact is that their marriage was annulled, not divorced. An annulment is a retroactive decision that is tantamount to saying a marriage never existed to begin with. So, she couldn't get any of Axl's money in a divorce settlement anyway because legally they were never married. And also, as far as ignoring the obvious, Stephanie Seymour's criminal charge that she was shoved by one of her husband's bodyguards was dropped. So, there is at least one example of her allegations/charges of abuse not holding water in the eyes of the courts.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Thanks, I just find it funny that someone would talk about not ignoring the obvious, yet at the time saying that Erin Everly never attempted to get any of Axl's money considering she did in fact file a civil lawsuit against Axl.

Ali

If you're going to be a blind idiot and make shit up...atleast get the basic facts right!

Erin Everly didn't file the civil lawsuit against Axl...She was subpoenaed to testify in the case that Stephanie brought against Axl because she was alleged to have went through the same things.

Just think about this...Axl never publicly denied this physical violence against women, he either had his friends say it went both ways or he just didn't talk about it all. Not a great strategy if you actually DIDN'T do these type of things. Instead if you actually go back to the interviews around this time he was blaming his upbringing on his "hatred of women" and saying he was in therapy.....I mean you don't even have to read between the F'ing lines to see that he basically was admitting to the stuff, but saying he was trying to get past those actions.

Thanks, I just find it funny that someone would talk about not ignoring the obvious, yet at the time saying that Erin Everly never attempted to get any of Axl's money considering she did in fact file a civil lawsuit against Axl.

Ali

If you're going to be a blind idiot and make shit up...atleast get the basic facts right!

Erin Everly didn't file the civil lawsuit against Axl...She was subpoenaed to testify in the case that Stephanie brought against Axl because she was alleged to have went through the same things.

She did file her own suit after she was supoenaed by Steph. Ali, do you believe Axl's civil suit against Stephanie was financially motivated? Of course you don't, he was making a point. Axl and Erin's marriage was annulled after both parties agreed to it - if she'd wanted to, she could have contested and gone for the $$$ she would have certainly gotten in a divorce.

Ali

She did file her own suit after she was supoenaed by Steph. Ali, do you believe Axl's civil suit against Stephanie was financially motivated? Of course you don't, he was making a point. Axl and Erin's marriage was annulled after both parties agreed to it - if she'd wanted to, she could have contested and gone for the $$$ she would have certainly gotten in a divorce.

I don't believe that Stephanie's suit was financially motivated. Erin, maybe.

And, yes, BMO, Erin did file a suit against Axl. For someone who pretends to have such a strong grasp on the facts, you really don't. It happened in March 1994.

Axl has never commented on the physical abuse publicly one way or another. I hardly see that as an admission of guilt. The only thing I remember him saying is that when he was sitting through depositions and Erin was "spewing" things about him (his words, not mine), the Oklahoma City-McVeigh bombing happened. Saying you have a distrust or hatred of women is not the same as saying you abuse them. How you make that leap is beyond me. He never admitted to anything.

And forgive me for not taking the fact that he was never, ever, not once, charged with a crime in connection with any of these alleged incidents as being something more than just an aside. It is significant and telling.

Is it within the realm of possibility these events occurred? Yes. Is it a foregone conclusion that they did considering the way some people, like BMO and others speak of it? Not even close. Especially in the absence of any criminal proceedings where evidence one way or the other would be brought to light.

Anyway, that's it. I'm done with this discussion.

Ali

I think someday it'd be great to see Axl fight somone for real. Not just a quick 10 second spat before dozens of people jump in to break it up. That way when he loses the whole idea of Axl being a super fighting machine could dissapear forever.

Is it within the realm of possibility these events occurred? Yes. Is it a foregone conclusion that they did considering the way some people, like BMO and others speak of it? Not even close. Especially in the absence of any criminal proceedings where evidence one way or the other would be brought to light.

Possible and explainable, but just claims, not a proven fact. I totally agree.

I think someday it'd be great to see Axl fight somone for real. Not just a quick 10 second spat before dozens of people jump in to break it up. That way when he loses the whole idea of Axl being a super fighting machine could dissapear forever.

I can't think of many fights I've witnessed in my whole life where it wasn't just a quick 10 second spat before dozens of people jumped in to break it up. Unless it was ten rounds with a girl walking around after each round with a card.

I also don't think Axl has ever presented himself as a super fighting machine. The media did that. Even Hilfiger didn't think it was necessarily Axl who was dangerous, just that great big ring on his hand.

I don't think people see Axl as a super fighting machine. He just seems to still have some of the total madness left that fuelled him in his youth. You'd often see it on stage back then and in some video scenes as mentioned. If this berserk madness is triggered, you better run for cover, especially if it is channellised into martial arts expertise. In comparison to say 20-25 years ago Axl seems to have it quite under control now - otherwise a certain Mr. Hilfiger might look a bit different nowadays. :rolleyes: But I believe it is still there. For good or for bad. The LA airport scene seems to support this. Which still makes it recommendable to not challenge Axl Rose into a physical fight.

Well Boner, we tried that:

Unfortunately the guy lasted only 2 seconds before he was on the ground. :xmasssanta:

Slash don't appear to be the fighting type. I doubt he'd fight anyone.

True. Other than that charge Perla brought against him and dropped years ago, I don't recall any other violent incidents ever. Whereas Axl bitchslapped a photog just a month or 2 ago. For a guy pushing 50, it's kinda lame. Like he still needs to prove to himself he's a bad ass or somethin.

• 1 month later...

Has Axl ever had a proper fight? ..or is he all hot air :rolleyes:

Someone has a bad obsession!

He stated the same line in his book, I remember reading it and cracking up at his choice of words :lol:

Slash knows Axl better than any of us, I'd take his word for it.

There's a small handful of people who could prob. say they truly know Axl, but I'm not convinced Slash really knew him that well. They had a good working relationship that ran its course in the end.

Based on information derived from the internet and small meet n greets?

Slash freakin lived with the man at a point in his life and shared arguably their greatest moments in life together side by side. Anyone whose read his book knows he has an understanding and respect of Axl Rose on a deeper ingrained basis (surpassing "working" relationships) than easily anyone on this org. Ashba included :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think Slash actually makes the effort to understand where Axl is coming from and accepts him as he is as a result. That's more than most do regarding Axl.