The OFFICIAL São Paulo Concert Thread - March 13, Brazil

ManetsBR

I'm watching ChiDem right now. I'm at the part where Axl stops and throws a tantrum.

I understand it's probably really annoying for people to be throwing shit, but honestly, man...you gotta live and let die (see what I did there?) when it comes to that shit. It happens to every rock n' roll band. Most of 'em trudge through and ignore it. Some even like it (cough, Iggy). It's part of the experience.

Just my two cents, but if you're going to openly pride yourself on being "THE MOST DANGEROUS ROCK BAND IN THE WORLD," then roll with the punches - if someone throws a bottle, fuck 'em. Don't ruin the show for hundreds/thousands of other people because of some stupid asshole.

So according to you, Axl shouldn't say anything? :crazy:

Of course, he's going to say something about it. I hate when people throw things at the stage. Awesome Axl!! rock3 !

Good for Axl! He will not tolerate an idiot fans bullshit ever! Don't blame him at all.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who are kidding yourselves that "Estranged" or "Civil War" will be played at some random show, I feel sorry for you but they won't. Here is a how touring bands work:

1. They decide on a set number of songs (for GNR that seems to be 20 + 6 oddballs)

2. They rehearse those songs until they are almost sick of them.

3. They plays those songs on the tour.

They DO NOT work up more songs during soundcheck or on the plane. The songlist may change between LEGS of the tour but it will not change much. I'm sorry but quit getting depressed about the setlist when it is obvious what songs are actual possibilities during the show and don't piss on the band because they didn't play one of your favorites.

Thanks! :)

I thought Whole Lotta Rosie was a spur of the moment thing back when the band were doing their Asia dates? I cannot see the band performing more material from Use Your Illusion but if they did that would be fantastic for the people who would want to hear it. I am curious to know how the likes of Coma, Locomotive and Estranged could sound if played but that's just curiousity. I would like the band to play the entire Chinese Democracy album as well as songs we have never heard before. I'm happy the band are playing shows again, whatever they play will be received well regardless.

So according to you, Axl shouldn't say anything? :crazy:

Of course, he's going to say something about it. I hate when people throw things at the stage. Awesome Axl!! rock3 !

That's right, he has to say something. They are aiming at the band!! And if you don't stop the first idiot, all the other lemmings start chucking stuff and people get hurt. Stop it early, and we all have fun.

For those of you who are kidding yourselves that "Estranged" or "Civil War" will be played at some random show, I feel sorry for you but they won't. Here is a how touring bands work:

1. They decide on a set number of songs (for GNR that seems to be 20 + 6 oddballs)

2. They rehearse those songs until they are almost sick of them.

3. They plays those songs on the tour.

They DO NOT work up more songs during soundcheck or on the plane. The songlist may change between LEGS of the tour but it will not change much. I'm sorry but quit getting depressed about the setlist when it is obvious what songs are actual possibilities during the show and don't piss on the band because they didn't play one of your favorites.

Thanks! :)

First off, they rehearsed 40 songs, we know that much. That means there's roughly 13 songs they haven't played yet (We know Rosie wasn't rehearsed, and I would assume Nice Boys wasn't). So, until we hear what those other 13 songs are, people can speculate what they may or may not play.

Why isn't the setlist in the first post you bunch of cunts?

LP

Nice way to show appreciation for the idiots with stiff necks and sore arms for holding a camera for hours who bothered to stop watching the concert to send updates on the phone for you guys.Maybe next time we should just sit back, relax and watch the concert because it is too much trouble for you to try and find sth maybe you should get a ticket and get the setlist yourself.

For the rest of the ppl around here who have manners... more HD videos and pictures coming shortly

LP

Nice way to show appreciation for the idiots with stiff necks and sore arms for holding a camera for hours who bothered to stop watching the concert to send updates on the phone for you guys.Maybe next time we should just sit back, relax and watch the concert because it is too much trouble for you to try and find sth maybe you should get a ticket and get the setlist yourself.

For the rest of the ppl around here who have manners... more HD videos and pictures coming shortly

^^^ Well said, and thanks for the efforts. In the meantime, until the HD vids, this Youtube channel has a few decent vids...

LP

Meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh

LP

OMG !

It seems that the whole fucking world was watching the stream I've made !!!

That's disturbing to me !

I feel like a freak !

I've made this just for fun ! For the mates that had no money to buy the tickets and people that live so far from the shows !

Brazil is a continental country ! People live a entire life and doesn't see the beach !

BTW: Congrats to people outside Brazil that silenced Qik messages, so the lag was minimized !

Some brazilians just cannot get it, and flooded some streamins, causing skips !

But it is OK ! People had fun ! And that what counts !

I am happy !

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUUUUUUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MARCEEEELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Last nigh I was proud to be brazilian because of you! LOL!!!!!! You`re are the man!!!!!! Thank u, thank u, thank u. Watch Axl`s rant LIVE doesn`t have price! And Patience! OMG. On friday I was sad because they didn`t play patience here in Belo Horizonte... OMG you made my night!!! :D

Ps. Are you going to Rio`s concert???????????? Let me know!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Caroline

OMG !

It seems that the whole fucking world was watching the stream I've made !!!

That's disturbing to me !

I feel like a freak !

I've made this just for fun ! For the mates that had no money to buy the tickets and people that live so far from the shows !

Brazil is a continental country ! People live a entire life and doesn't see the beach !

BTW: Congrats to people outside Brazil that silenced Qik messages, so the lag was minimized !

Some brazilians just cannot get it, and flooded some streamins, causing skips !

But it is OK ! People had fun ! And that what counts !

I am happy !

Marcelo, you are awesome for doing that. It allowed so many of us enjoy that concert. You're my hero today!! Thanks so much.

Great pictures!!!! It's 12:20pm now and I've got almost 5 hours sleep, yay :D Anyone ready for tonight?

Chinese Democracy

Hey Nightrain!! How was everything?? Thank u for your live updates, pics and video. Don`t u have the rest of Chinese Democracy or all the rant?!