Slash calls Axl "fucking great"

Zint

I agree, he tries to look cool and takes every opportunity to bash Axl. Notice he said "he's great but it's difficult to deal with him"

Nah, Slash is great. He was just stating the obvious truth : Axl is great (well, not as much as some years ago, ageing doesn't help), but apparently it's difficult to deal with his ego.

Been to a GNR gig lately-it's fkn glorious and blows slash's second rate shit outta the water- slashy hasn't been great since parting ways with GNR, and I honestly don't think he is capable of playing music on a ChiDem level- he certainly can't write lyrics and what he did to Paradise City w/ cypress hill and ferg-me was unlistenable and unforgivable.

Is Bumblefoot still playing that lame Pink Panther theme? For me it's difficult to take seriously a band that plays the Pink Panther theme, sorry. :shrugs:

I think is a funny rendition... I like it because technically is awesome

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this on blabbermouth.net.

I always thought their problems stemmed from personal reasons and not creative ones.

Slash has always admitted to be honored to be a part of the GNR legacy. It seems like he and Axl worked differently and that's what caused the friction. Oh well, I wonder if now that Axl and Slash are older, if they would work better together or not?

I agree, he tries to look cool and takes every opportunity to bash Axl. Notice he said "he's great but it's difficult to deal with him"

Nah, Slash is great. He was just stating the obvious truth : Axl is great (well, not as much as some years ago, ageing doesn't help), but apparently it's difficult to deal with his ego.

Been to a GNR gig lately-it's fkn glorious and blows slash's second rate shit outta the water- slashy hasn't been great since parting ways with GNR, and I honestly don't think he is capable of playing music on a ChiDem level- he certainly can't write lyrics and what he did to Paradise City w/ cypress hill and ferg-me was unlistenable and unforgivable.

Is Bumblefoot still playing that lame Pink Panther theme? For me it's difficult to take seriously a band that plays the Pink Panther theme, sorry. :shrugs:

It's better than having a guitarist come out with nunchucks/breakdancing

????? Am I the only one that thinks Slash's "great," "admirable," "respectable" comments were nothing but pure horse shit? I think he says things like this to do nothing more than piss Axl off. After Slash pipes up with his usual "Oh yeah, Axl's great..." comments (that he KNOWS will get some bit of media attention, and thus his comments will eventually get back to Axl) to a large audience, everybody is all surprised and it's not uncommon to hear things afterward like, "Wow, see? Slash really does have respect for Axl. What a class act!" and "See! Axl really needs to move on and forgive..." However, as Axl told us himself, behind closed doors it is a MUCH different story than what everyone is used to. My guess is that to this day, the bullshit lawsuits and time consuming litigation rage on. Slash is probably responsible for Axl having to jump through many hoops to be able to give the concerts that he does, sell the merch that they do, etc. etc. etc. Bottom line: Slash loves to try and piss Axl off by making himself out to be such a saint, when only the opposite is true. I'm sorry, but I see right through Slash.

That's one stupid comment.

Well, if you have time, perhaps you should read the whole thread, or at least start it where I originally posted that, because you'll discover that there are others who agree with me on some of the points i've made. I'm also not the only one who has thought this before. Also, maybe you'd like to add something to what you've written, because "that's one stupid comment" gives me virtually nothing to go by as for why you think it's stupid.

IMO, it's far from "Stupid" and is very savvy and insightful, Slash is a manipulative opportunist who talks out of both sides of his mouth, he has no integrity and has compromised any talent he had by playing the same tired riffs with any and everybody, I see a decietful lying opportunist who hasn't done anything worth mentioning since GNR.

Chinese Democracy blows away any of his solo efforts easily, and he obviously has control problems and difficulties holding onto lead singers. In short his head got too big for his hat.

Where is Paul Tobias, Robin Finck, Buckethead? Where is Brain? You are a strange twisted fan boy. You are probably a very weird person in real life.

Slash says something nice and you freaks get all paranoid over it. Seriously, what is wrong with you people? If Axl said something nice about Slash I would be happy. Some of guys are really weird people. Not just weird, but like scary weird.

Hmmm no. IMO, Slash is very subtle when he wants to. His statement clearly shows it, he says Axl is fucking great but he doesn´t miss the chance to imply something negative about him without being rude. As someone said above, a snake in the grass :krider:

This need of appearing cool and nice at all cost is a bit tiring. That is what Slash does imo, he always wants to be the cool guy, the nicer one and these comments about how Axl is great and bla bla bla show how much he cares about appearing that way at the eyes of everybody. Because, you know, Axl is the asshole, the tantrum boy, the dictator... :tongue2:

That's exactly how I see this. I will always like Slash but after reading his book, it seemed pretty obvious to me that he likes to look good in the public eye at all cost. Sometimes I just have a hard time believing him... I find him a bit hypocrite. Axl on the other hand may be "brutally honest" according to Slash, but I prefer that to someone who will only say what he thinks people want to hear. <_<

Very true.I love Slash but it can't hurt mentionning Axl once or twice now that he has his solo album due for release v.soon

That is why 40,000 pack into a stadium to hear a coverband play his riffs.

:rofl-lol:

Sure. It's the riffs. The Slash riffs. Nobody wants to hear anything but them. Again and again. Axl may as well stay at home in Malibu meanwhile. And Ron, and DJ, and Richard, and Tommy etc. pp. wherever they live. The Slash riffs are what makes Guns N' Roses Guns N' F****ing Roses. And they are the reason why people sing along all Chinese Democracy songs.

LMFAO. :rofl-lol:

Sure. It's the riffs. The Slash riffs. Nobody wants to hear anything but them. Again and again. Axl may as well stay at home in Malibu meanwhile. And Ron, and DJ, and Richard, and Tommy etc. pp. wherever they live. The Slash riffs are what makes Guns N' Roses Guns N' F****ing Roses. And they are the reason why people sing along all Chinese Democracy songs.

Do they want to hear WTTJ and SOCOM, or Chinese Democracy, which is a rip off of the 90210 theme song? What do you think Brandon?

So you watch 90210? That's pretty gay for a hardrocker like yourself.

Do they want to hear WTTJ and SOCOM, or Chinese Democracy, which is a rip off of the 90210 theme song? What do you think Brandon?

So you watch 90210? That's pretty gay for a hardrocker like yourself.

:rolf-lol: Shhhh Maybe he likes "American Idol" and "Hannah Montana" too :lol::lol: Don't make him feel bad about his Adam Lambert tapes :lol:

Fact: the people come in droves ta see GNRs, and slashy isn't in the equasion, nor has he been for a long time!! Personally I don't think he is capable of playing the ChiDem music, or telling the untainted truth IMO

It's really sad how ugly this topic got, and it's about something said that was nice too.

Some of the people posting need to really ask themselves if it's even about Axl and Slash anymore.

It's obvious Slash has let the color of his own skin get the best of him, he stopped being a rocker and now is a party favor.

Slash = Liil John

He married to a white woman and plays a guitar.

lotta black dudes doing that, huh?

It's obvious Slash has let the color of his own skin get the best of him, he stopped being a rocker and now is a party favor.

Slash = Liil John

He married to a white woman and plays a guitar.

lotta black dudes doing that, huh?

You slash fags are taking that out of context

Actually Slash quit drinking and Axl hangs out with Lindsey Lohan. What's your point?

That he's not racist, he just thinks that Slash let the color of his own skin get the better of him. Or am I taking that out of context like a 'Slash fag'? (I'm sure you're not homophobic, either!) Or retarded.