Slash calls Axl "fucking great"

Zint

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the GnR name is very valuable...

This is right, since valuable doesn't only mean money-wise.

If Axl only cared about money he'd have done a shitload of promotion for his album, no?

In the U.S., Chinese Democracy was sold exclusively through Best Buy .

Why did Axl opt for such a seemingly limited release for one of the most anticipated albums of all time?

For a guaranteed pay-day.

Axl didn't feel the need to do any promotion, and answer the inevitable questions about Slash and why the album took so long.

He took his bag fat check and hid from the public for 18 months.

What's that got to do with keeping his own band name because he only cares about money?

How else do you expect him to make money to live, go and stack shevles or something? :rofl-lol:

I find it really fucking weird that people are always quick to quote this and that and take every fucking word in slash's book to heart, but they always miss the part where he says he hates when people who don't know Axl talk shit about him and how much it doesn't impress him.

Ignore them, they are unable to accept the present situation, as is-no reunion, slash is a limelight whore, and Guns N' Roses is and always has been Axl's Band- it's all good :thumbsup:

I would rather be a fan of a limelight whore than one of a nut job that jacked off for 15 years, is insane, immature and who never crossed a bridge that he didn't burn.

For fucks sake

Why can't you just be a fan of Axl AND slash you bunch of wankers :rofl-lol:

Neither have done anything wrong and both are talented, hard workers. You all know neither of them and talk a hell a lot of embarrassing shit.

Ignore them, they are unable to accept the present situation, as is-no reunion, slash is a limelight whore, and Guns N' Roses is and always has been Axl's Band- it's all good :thumbsup:

No you are wrong Warcat, I can't speak for the others, but I accept the fact that Axl owns the name and can do with it whatever he pleases. But he is the one who is the whore living off of the old bands accomplishments and the GnR brand name..............

And personally I don't want a reunion as it could never live up to the classic band shows I saw in the 80's or even the Illusion bands of the early 90's and would end up being a money grabbing trainwreck IMHO....

I believe what myself and others object to is Axl disciples like yourself, Pirate Chick and Black Horse trying to rewrite history to paint poor Axl as some type of victim and Slash and the other ex band members as the bad guys.....

Axl turned on his friends and ex bandmates and got them to sign their rights away so he could have the money and the power ...you all can keep repeating Axl's propaganda but it will not change the facts.........

I'm not gonna jump into a debate about something we don't really know because the only people who know what happened are the people involved.

I have my own opinion about this issue and I'll stick to it, don't care if you call it propaganda because it differs from yours.

All I can say is that some people have a dream or a vision that become a real project and it's worth fighting for. It isn't always about money or power

For fucks sake

Neither have done anything wrong and both are talented, hard workers. You all know neither of them and talk a hell a lot of embarrassing shit.

This, exactly.

Some of you people should calm down, you'll give yourself herpies.

Great??? It's obvious that Slash hasn't played with him in quite some time. :rolleyes:

dud, the fact that Axl hasn't been playing with the musicians you listen to (Fergie, T-Pain, Jamie Foxx) doesn't mean that Axl ain't great

sorry, I forgot about Cypress Hill, bunch of great musicians all of them! he he

I'm glad that slash has been working with new artist and tried to expand his horizon, if u know what i mean. And i'm stoked about the new album coming up, because mostly there are legit musicians, but when he played with jamie foxx, p diddy and all of those lameass unlegit hip hop wangsters it reached a level called insane. Slash is good at guitar, which i think 96% of all mygnrf members agree with me on, but start reconsider who u work with slash!

For fucks sake

ditto,i cant believe this thread is still going nearly 20 pages, omg

hey warchild, axl is the biggest sellout

slash left a successful band like gnr whereas axl stole the name for the money

so true!

no.. Slash gave the name to Axl.. .he signed the documents and shit. Plus Axl started the band.

exactly- new guns's are BASED on documents and company legality nonsense that in no way pertain's as to what Guns N' Roses IS.

No. Axl = Guns N' Roses. For more info look at the last Grammy's.

Yes because a band is an individualist dictatorship

so true!

no.. Slash gave the name to Axl.. .he signed the documents and shit. Plus Axl started the band.

exactly- new guns's are BASED on documents and company legality nonsense that in no way pertain's as to what Guns N' Roses IS.

Christ, do you even read what you're replying to or do you just type the first thing negative you can think of? The poster said Axl=Guns N' Roses, because of the blatantly horrible solo slash attempted at this year's Grammys, it wasn't pretty.

Now it is 2010, all the crap being drug up is speculative bullshit that none of the little slash fanboys were witness to, Fact: Axl owns the name Guns N' Roses and the current lineup is for all purposes GNR, and the Gigs rock hard, better than the original lineup imo.

I for one am glad Axl is the one carrying the name, Slash tried his version a few times known as snakepit, and V.R. both are defunct.

So now he plays with any and everybody,goes on american idol and the late night purgatory shows, and puts out substandard music.

It's over, GNR is on tour and to quote Axl " Slash is a cancer,best removed the less heard from he or his followers the better". There

won't be a reunion so get over it already,no reason to argue it is what it is, I'm a GNR fan and I don't care what slash says or does or what song he massacres ala "paradise shitty". Now it's obvious nobody is going to change anyone's opinion but the facts stand and Axl =GNR, like it or not. It's over and done with-now move on. "Yesterdays got nothing for me-some things would be better if we'd all just let them be."

so true!

Christ, do you even read what you're replying to or do you just type the first thing negative you can think of? The poster said Axl=Guns N' Roses, because of the blatantly horrible solo slash attempted at this year's Grammys, it wasn't pretty.

Now it is 2010, all the crap being drug up is speculative bullshit that none of the little slash fanboys were witness to, Fact: Axl owns the name Guns N' Roses and the current lineup is for all purposes GNR, and the Gigs rock hard, better than the original lineup imo.

I for one am glad Axl is the one carrying the name, Slash tried his version a few times known as snakepit, and V.R. both are defunct.

So now he plays with any and everybody,goes on american idol and the late night purgatory shows, and puts out substandard music.

It's over, GNR is on tour and to quote Axl " Slash is a cancer,best removed the less heard from he or his followers the better". There

won't be a reunion so get over it already,no reason to argue it is what it is, I'm a GNR fan and I don't care what slash says or does or what song he massacres ala "paradise shitty". Now it's obvious nobody is going to change anyone's opinion but the facts stand and Axl =GNR, like it or not. It's over and done with-now move on. "Yesterdays got nothing for me-some things would be better if we'd all just let them be."

great post....I agree.........Axl is Gnr. I don't see why these idiots keep coming on this site and bitching. I mean slash, duff, izzy aren't even bitchin. why do these fuckin slash lovers keep bitchin???????????

so true!

great post....I agree.........Axl is Gnr. I don't see why these idiots keep coming on this site and bitching. I mean slash, duff, izzy aren't even bitchin. why do these fuckin slash lovers keep bitchin???????????

Hi Hodge, I honestly don't know the answer to your question, but this thread has gotten ridiculous, you'd think these guys owned stock in the band,and they ramble on incoherently about facts and events that they weren't part of. It's been made abundantly clear that there will be no reunion and all the bitching in the world is likely to change that. And I fully agree with you it's clear that Axl=GNR. :thumbsup:

nah, axl is only axl's fakepit

Sad attempt at comeback, stick a fork in it-this topic is done, no matter how many idiotic comments are made or facts quoted it doesn't change a thing. Axl=GNR always has and always will. I think you little slashits are just doing this to disrupt the forum, which is a GNR forum.

No you are wrong Warcat, I can't speak for the others, but I accept the fact that Axl owns the name and can do with it whatever he pleases. But he is the one who is the whore living off of the old bands accomplishments and the GnR brand name..............

And personally I don't want a reunion as it could never live up to the classic band shows I saw in the 80's or even the Illusion bands of the early 90's and would end up being a money grabbing trainwreck IMHO....

I believe what myself and others object to is Axl disciples like yourself, Pirate Chick and Black Horse trying to rewrite history to paint poor Axl as some type of victim and Slash and the other ex band members as the bad guys.....

Axl turned on his friends and ex bandmates and got them to sign their rights away so he could have the money and the power ...you all can keep repeating Axl's propaganda but it will not change the facts.........

I'm not gonna jump into a debate about something we don't really know because the only people who know what happened are the people involved.

I have my own opinion about this issue and I'll stick to it, don't care if you call it propaganda because it differs from yours.

All I can say is that some people have a dream or a vision that become a real project and it's worth fighting for. It isn't always about money or power

The problem is you don't have your own opinion as you are just repeating the same BS from Axl's "chats".............keep drinking the koolaid chicky................

LOL do you think I'm so stupid I can't have my own opinion about a subject? :shrugs:

I don't really care about what happened, that's part of the past, I'd rather enjoy the present and I love the actual line up as much as I loved the old one or maybe more... This one is the best GNR line up ever IMO

Guest RonMexico82

There is a lot of talk in the past week that the reason why Paradise City feat Fergie and Cypress Hill has been dropped from the Classic Rock edition of Slash's album is due to Axl taking legal action.

Is there any merit to this?

Axl worshippers like to keep repeating that we were not there so don't know what went down. It is true we were not there but we do have some insight into what happened as many of the people who were there have offered up their versions of the events so my opinions are based on comments from the ex band members and people who were there.

I don't think I'm an Axl worshipper. A big fan yes, and a fan of the ex members as well. But I think about how it must have looked to Axl back then. His whole career is hinged on this group of guys: serious drug addicts and alcoholics. And he sees a threat to something that he brought to the table, the name. So he takes steps to protect his interests. I completely understand how the other band members might be angry or offended by this, but I do not believe that it happened without them understanding, and that it happened under duress (Axl wouldn't go on if we didn't sign). Can't happen, legally that can't happen.

Again, not an Axl worshipper (if anything, lately a bit of a DJ worshipper :rolleyes: ) but wondering how it must have looked to him back then, with things as they were, back then.

Axl worshippers like to keep repeating that we were not there so don't know what went down. It is true we were not there but we do have some insight into what happened as many of the people who were there have offered up their versions of the events so my opinions are based on comments from the ex band members and people who were there.

I don't think I'm an Axl worshipper. A big fan yes, and a fan of the ex members as well. But I think about how it must have looked to Axl back then. His whole career is hinged on this group of guys: serious drug addicts and alcoholics. And he sees a threat to something that he brought to the table, the name. So he takes steps to protect his interests. I completely understand how the other band members might be angry or offended by this, but I do not believe that it happened without them understanding, and that it happened under duress (Axl wouldn't go on if we didn't sign). Can't happen, legally that can't happen.

Again, not an Axl worshipper (if anything, lately a bit of a DJ worshipper :rolleyes: ) but wondering how it must have looked to him back then, with things as they were, back then.

And what exactly was Axl protecting the name from that he had to have the other band members sign their rights away? You can spin it anyway you want but seems to me Axl could have protected the name without cutting his bandmates out of the picture. It's not like he did anything with the name after the Illusion tour for the next 7-8 years. Axl was looking out for himself and he fucked his so called brothers in the band...

If you believe their acounts Axl blackmailed them, they were all strung out and needed the money so they caved and signed........it may not have been ethical but they signed the papers so it is legal in the eyes of the courts....

Remember Steven had to sue Axl to get back his rights which he signed away under duress .....Slash and Duff could do the same I suppose but it does not seem to be in their character so Axl owns the name to do with as he pleases.........

Nice try at revisionist history. Slash and Duff have both tried (and failed) on numerous occasions to sue him over the name and failed. If it had been signed away under duress that contract would be void but with all the court proceedings they never prevailed. The fact that Steven was able to win his lawsuit against the band (not just Axl) shows, if anything, that Slash and Duff didn't have much of a case