Slash calls Axl "fucking great"

Zint

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great??? It's obvious that Slash hasn't played with him in quite some time. :rolleyes:

dud, the fact that Axl hasn't been playing with the musicians you listen to (Fergie, T-Pain, Jamie Foxx) doesn't mean that Axl ain't great

sorry, I forgot about Cypress Hill, bunch of great musicians all of them! he he

He's really just saying . . .

:lol:

Slash is speaking in riddles now, is he?

I'm sorry the concept of "being politically correct" in public interviews is so above your IQ level.

Or maybe, you know, he's not trying to twist anything. You know I never thought that was Slash's style anyway? he's always honest, no fucking about type chap. Kindof.

Great??? It's obvious that Slash hasn't played with him in quite some time. :rolleyes:

dud, the fact that Axl hasn't been playing with the musicians you listen to (Fergie, T-Pain, Jamie Foxx) doesn't mean that Axl ain't great

and Marta Sanchez and Paulina Rubio !!!! :thumbsup:

See, Slashites? Even Slash agrees that Axl's personality is what makes him awesome.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW.

Slash has worked with better frontmen. :thumbsup:

Yes, not only frontmen but a wider range of top class like this one:

Edited by Black Horse

wtf??

Translation......Axl's greatness = long gone.

wrong

plus I don't think slash has work with better front man that axl rose. axl's voice is still great, plus he's in shape... but remember how he was early 90's... simply the most energetic motherfucker's out there

Edited by riot

wtf??

wrong

So Axl is not washed up and irrelevant? <_<

I can't believe this went to 3 pages.

I can't believe it turned into a fight. Actually considering who started the fight, yes I can.

I haven't had this many people on me since the time I ripped a bag of weed from a bunch of gang members. :rofl-lol:

Why do you hate people that are of a different race?

He's writing great music

:question:

Keep it in this thread please, I don't want any PM's, can't be bothered by looking in seperate places for comments. At any rate, I said, in part, "He's writing great music" to which you responded <-- LOL. Since when? " To this I say, I don't think he's ever stoped writing great music. A new album was released not long ago, it's fantastic and there are known additonal tunes in the can so he continues with the process.

Now, if you're saying that Chi Dem proves he's not writing anything good then that's your opinion, I think it shows the opposite. And if you think Axl sounds bad now then you must have never been a fan of his vocals in the first place, he's on his game with vocals at the moment. If you think his 'greatness' is long gone then find a new band to enjoy *shurg*... there are plenty of them out there. However, if I thought a band sucked right now.....I wouldn't bother being on a board posting about them- to each their own- nobody says you have to like Axl.

Edited by mcalldp

Why do you hate people that are of a different race?

LOL no one´s talking about any race here. The girl just pointed out the obvious, nothing racist related to it.

source: Toronto Sun

quote from article:

Slash gave CMW delegates what they wanted during his keyote address at Canadian Music Week on Thursday morning in Toronto: Sex, drugs, rock’n’roll ... and Axl.

Being interviewed by CNN anchors and real-life couple John Roberts (a Toronto native) and Kyra Phillips, the former Gun N’ Roses/Velvet Revolver guitarist was surprisingly complimentary of his onetime bandmate and GNR’s lead singer, one Axl Rose.

“You have to attempt to understand him as a human being and where he’s coming from. I see things very black and white. That’s just me. And that doesn’t necessarily mean that that’s right. And he sees things in a very colourful kind of way, and I can’t really knock it, ’cause that’s just him. So I try not to sit there and say derogatory things about his personality, because it’s his personality that makes him so f---ing great, and just difficult to deal with.”

Very positive from Slash saying that. Time heals all wounds.

source: Toronto Sun

quote from article:

Slash gave CMW delegates what they wanted during his keyote address at Canadian Music Week on Thursday morning in Toronto: Sex, drugs, rock’n’roll ... and Axl.

Being interviewed by CNN anchors and real-life couple John Roberts (a Toronto native) and Kyra Phillips, the former Gun N’ Roses/Velvet Revolver guitarist was surprisingly complimentary of his onetime bandmate and GNR’s lead singer, one Axl Rose.

“You have to attempt to understand him as a human being and where he’s coming from. I see things very black and white. That’s just me. And that doesn’t necessarily mean that that’s right. And he sees things in a very colourful kind of way, and I can’t really knock it, ’cause that’s just him. So I try not to sit there and say derogatory things about his personality, because it’s his personality that makes him so f---ing great, and just difficult to deal with.”

Very positive from Slash saying that. Time heals all wounds.

You act as if Slash has not been making the same sort of comments about Axl during the past decade.

wtf??

wrong

So Axl is not washed up and irrelevant? <_<

if by relevant you mean popular than he less relevant than he was. but for me being a great frontmen or song writter doesnt resume on how you're being loved by everybody. the man didn't relese any record for 15 years and people were still talking about him. without interviews...

Yeah...you would totally keep saying that if there was a reunion.

In 2002 his voice was pretty nasal, in 2006 it was hit & miss, in 2010 it's "fucking great".

:shrugs:

I agree with you except for the "fucking great" part. It's better, but I wouldn't call it fucking great.

From the stuff I've seen he sounds pretty good, but it seems like he can't hold notes for very long,etc

yeah i think his live voice nowadays gets pretty exaggerated around here, but I guess thats understandable. "fucking great" is a bit much though. "fucking great" was the last leg of the UYI tour, even when he had his off nights you could still say his voice and stage presence were fucking great. Now, he sounds much better than in 06 but with more gasps for air and awkward high pitches, that said it's the best he's sounded since the breakup.

anyway, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody who's familiar with Axl and Slash over the years. Slash has always been supportive of Axl and whatever his cause is, while Axl... well, thinks Slash is cancer apparently