Slash calls Axl "fucking great"

Zint

one minute they are saying good things about one another then the next they bash each other

They make out they hate each other but i don't think they actually know how to feel about each other anymore

Did I miss something?

Did Axl say something positive about Slash lately?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82

one minute they are saying good things about one another then the next they bash each other

They make out they hate each other but i don't think they actually know how to feel about each other anymore

Did I miss something?

He downgraded him from a cancer to an embarrassing rash.

Did I miss something?

Well thats probably Axl making a nice comment lol..

On a serious note though, fair enough maybe Axl doesn't make many nice comments about Slash but i still agree with the rest of the statement i made

Its fine Slash said a nice statment about Axl, but he does seem to change his story alot IMO one minute he saying Axl is great the next hes saying Axl is sad and bitter

at least Axl is a bit more consistent about his feelings of Slash, sometimes a bit harsh with some comments but thats just Axl for you.

I still think it would be a mistake for Axl and Slash to come together again at this moment in time, i don't think much good would come from it

I think some people are under the impression that if they 'reunite' then it will be all magic again but their annimosity and hatred towards each other has festered for to long and their just bitter towards each other

For the time being i think its best the stay their seperate ways and carry on with thier own lives.

:)

This need of appearing cool and nice at all cost is a bit tiring. That is what Slash does imo, he always wants to be the cool guy, the nicer one and these comments about how Axl is great and bla bla bla show how much he cares about appearing that way at the eyes of everybody. Because, you know, Axl is the asshole, the tantrum boy, the dictator... :tongue2:

Did I miss something?

2py5mph.jpg

????? Am I the only one that thinks Slash's "great," "admirable," "respectable" comments were nothing but pure horse shit? I think he says things like this to do nothing more than piss Axl off. After Slash pipes up with his usual "Oh yeah, Axl's great..." comments (that he KNOWS will get some bit of media attention, and thus his comments will eventually get back to Axl) to a large audience, everybody is all surprised and it's not uncommon to hear things afterward like, "Wow, see? Slash really does have respect for Axl. What a class act!" and "See! Axl really needs to move on and forgive..." However, as Axl told us himself, behind closed doors it is a MUCH different story than what everyone is used to. My guess is that to this day, the bullshit lawsuits and time consuming litigation rage on. Slash is probably responsible for Axl having to jump through many hoops to be able to give the concerts that he does, sell the merch that they do, etc. etc. etc. Bottom line: Slash loves to try and piss Axl off by making himself out to be such a saint, when only the opposite is true. I'm sorry, but I see right through Slash.

That's one stupid comment.

Guest floyd the barber

This Carne dude tries way too hard

I never liked him.

No one does. Not even his own mother. As soon as she gave birth to him she tossed him away quicker than you could say jack rabbit just because she saw what kind of loser he was gonna turn into..and it happened

Hey don't be a jerk. Carne is my buddy.

This need of appearing cool and nice at all cost is a bit tiring. That is what Slash does imo, he always wants to be the cool guy, the nicer one and these comments about how Axl is great and bla bla bla show how much he cares about appearing that way at the eyes of everybody. Because, you know, Axl is the asshole, the tantrum boy, the dictator... :tongue2:

Exactly, he is passive-aggressive, snake in the grass that likes to appear "cool" and play the victim, changing stories when it suits him. I don't believe a word he says.

You'd think that after 15 years he'd get tired of talking about it...

You get sick of working in a fucking mine or factory for 15 years.... answering a few questions every once in awhile about your past isn't that bad.

????? Am I the only one that thinks Slash's "great," "admirable," "respectable" comments were nothing but pure horse shit? I think he says things like this to do nothing more than piss Axl off. After Slash pipes up with his usual "Oh yeah, Axl's great..." comments (that he KNOWS will get some bit of media attention, and thus his comments will eventually get back to Axl) to a large audience, everybody is all surprised and it's not uncommon to hear things afterward like, "Wow, see? Slash really does have respect for Axl. What a class act!" and "See! Axl really needs to move on and forgive..." However, as Axl told us himself, behind closed doors it is a MUCH different story than what everyone is used to. My guess is that to this day, the bullshit lawsuits and time consuming litigation rage on. Slash is probably responsible for Axl having to jump through many hoops to be able to give the concerts that he does, sell the merch that they do, etc. etc. etc. Bottom line: Slash loves to try and piss Axl off by making himself out to be such a saint, when only the opposite is true. I'm sorry, but I see right through Slash.

Well, if you have time, perhaps you should read the whole thread, or at least start it where I originally posted that, because you'll discover that there are others who agree with me on some of the points i've made. I'm also not the only one who has thought this before. Also, maybe you'd like to add something to what you've written, because "that's one stupid comment" gives me virtually nothing to go by as for why you think it's stupid.

No doubt, he tells you exactly what you want to hear. its all too convenient. but i cant blame him, he is playin the game. just cause axl has decided to go rogue it doesnt mean slash has to.

but slash, pick your spots dude, for the love of god. have some discretion.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Translation......Axl's greatness = long gone.

Yeah...you would totally keep saying that if there was a reunion.

In 2002 his voice was pretty nasal, in 2006 it was hit & miss, in 2010 it's "fucking great".

:shrugs:

I agree with you except for the "fucking great" part. It's better, but I wouldn't call it fucking great.

From the stuff I've seen he sounds pretty good, but it seems like he can't hold notes for very long,etc

Actually, you're not just telling us your opinion, but it's totally incorrect. He hold notes longer than ever.. his screams are longer than ever. Your describe his voice back in 92-93 where he had short erruptions of power yet short ones. Maby you only heard oh.. oh oh sweet child of miiiine? Wher he do the "oh" in a short cut. But thats the only example out of 25. And don't reffer to the last concert where he clearly had his voice worned out.

Edited by shootingstar

I agree, he tries to look cool and takes every opportunity to bash Axl. Notice he said "he's great but it's difficult to deal with him"

That's exactly how I see this. I will always like Slash but after reading his book, it seemed pretty obvious to me that he likes to look good in the public eye at all cost. Sometimes I just have a hard time believing him... I find him a bit hypocrite. Axl on the other hand may be "brutally honest" according to Slash, but I prefer that to someone who will only say what he thinks people want to hear. <_<

Well, if you have time, perhaps you should read the whole thread, or at least start it where I originally posted that, because you'll discover that there are others who agree with me on some of the points i've made. I'm also not the only one who has thought this before. Also, maybe you'd like to add something to what you've written, because "that's one stupid comment" gives me virtually nothing to go by as for why you think it's stupid.

IMO, it's far from "Stupid" and is very savvy and insightful, Slash is a manipulative opportunist who talks out of both sides of his mouth, he has no integrity and has compromised any talent he had by playing the same tired riffs with any and everybody, I see a decietful lying opportunist who hasn't done anything worth mentioning since GNR.

Chinese Democracy blows away any of his solo efforts easily, and he obviously has control problems and difficulties holding onto lead singers. In short his head got too big for his hat.

I agree, he tries to look cool and takes every opportunity to bash Axl. Notice he said "he's great but it's difficult to deal with him"

Nah, Slash is great. He was just stating the obvious truth : Axl is great (well, not as much as some years ago, ageing doesn't help), but apparently it's difficult to deal with his ego.

Nah, Slash is great. He was just stating the obvious truth : Axl is great (well, not as much as some years ago, ageing doesn't help), but apparently it's difficult to deal with his ego.

Been to a GNR gig lately-it's fkn glorious and blows slash's second rate shit outta the water- slashy hasn't been great since parting ways with GNR, and I honestly don't think he is capable of playing music on a ChiDem level- he certainly can't write lyrics and what he did to Paradise City w/ cypress hill and ferg-me was unlistenable and unforgivable.

Been to a GNR gig lately-it's fkn glorious and blows slash's second rate shit outta the water- slashy hasn't been great since parting ways with GNR, and I honestly don't think he is capable of playing music on a ChiDem level- he certainly can't write lyrics and what he did to Paradise City w/ cypress hill and ferg-me was unlistenable and unforgivable.

Is Bumblefoot still playing that lame Pink Panther theme? For me it's difficult to take seriously a band that plays the Pink Panther theme, sorry. :shrugs:

Edited by axlfan88