Tommy Hilfiger speaks out on why he hit Axl Rose

realpoti

2010-03-12 16:40:00

Fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger has spoken out on why he hit Guns N' Roses' lead vocalist Axl Rose in 2006.

According to a Poison Ivy blog, Hilfiger, 58, was at the French Institute Alliance Francaise's Fashion Talks series, when he explained the brawl he had with the musician in the VIP area at the Plumm.

"Axl pushed me, and I said, 'That was rude'. He had a huge ring on. He wears all this jewellery," the New York Post quoted him as having said.

"I'm thinking, if I get hit, it's over. No teeth, no eye. So I hit him before he hit me. It was self-protection. Now we're friends," he added. (ANI)

Source: http://sify.com/news/tommy-hilfiger-speaks-out-on-why-he-hit-axl-rose-news-international-kdmqEhdhfdb.html

Yeah - Kid Rock was there, who's no stranger to brawling himself at a Waffle House and Tommy Lee...

I know some people in the hip-hop community were trying to screw with him (specifically - those in the clothing industry.) , and spread the word out that he was a racist.

Yeah - Kid Rock was there, who's no stranger to brawling himself at a Waffle House and Tommy Lee...

I know some people in the hip-hop community were trying to screw with him (specifically - those in the clothing industry.) , and spread the word out that he was a racist.

Bullshit.

Source?

Edited by SunnyDRE