March 14th, 2010 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil IS CANCELLED!

KIKOZ3

Can I kill somebody?

Really? It didn't rain all week but today it had to rain. REALLY?????

Come on GN'R, do it tomorrow. Don't just simply cancel. My life depends on this.

Actually it rained yesterday, with nearly that intensity... and last saturday as well.

"São as águas de março fechando o verão...''. A letra da música não é a toa, Deb. ^^

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I kill somebody?

Come on GN'R, do it tomorrow. Don't just simply cancel. My life depends on this.

Actually it rained yesterday, with nearly that intensity... and last saturday as well.

"São as águas de março fechando o verão...''. A letra da música não é a toa, Deb. ^^

E que aguas de marco! O mundo ta acabando mesmo!

There is no way they can just put that stage back up for tomorrow without some serious structural improvements if a non-hurricane rainstorm managed to bring it down. It is just asking for trouble as there is clearly some problems in the way it was engineered. I can't see the band being eager to get out there on it until it is confirmed to be 100% structurally sound as that could have been a disaster had it happened during the show.

Can I kill somebody?

I know you're disappointed but be thankful nobody got killed or injured

and your life does not depend on this, I'm sure more info will be released as damage is assessed.

There is no way they can just put that stage back up for tomorrow without some serious structural improvements if a non-hurricane rainstorm managed to bring it down. It is just asking for trouble as there is clearly some problems in the way it was engineered. I can't see the band being eager to get out there on it until it is confirmed to be 100% structurally sound as that could have been a disaster had it happened during the show.

I agree with you.

Wow, that is insane. Imagine if the band had been on stage when this happened?

How many times has Axl dodged a bullet this tour? First someone had a knife in the club in NYC. Then he almost got electrocuted in the shower. And now this!

Yet he's still going....

Bumblefoot The stage collapsed in Rio. Latest update I received was that no one was injured, the gear survived. No discussion yet on if a make-up show will be possible, we'll need to give it time for the business folks to work all that out. At the hotel, spending some time with a great group of GNR fans... http://www.twitpic.com/18nebl Thousands of people made a big effort to be at the show tonight, I wish there was something I could do for you all.

facebook...

Edited by gunsguy

Axl Rose

On Sunday 14th March 2010, @axlrose said:

RIO UPDATE: All injuries appear to be minor. There were originally radio reports of a fatality which has fortunately turned out to be false. Initial reports are that our staging is for the most part ok but a more accurate assessment is being made. No word yet on if the show will be moved to tomorrow the 15th or another night. Reportedly Baz's truck driver is ok as well. Thank you again for your understanding.

Axl-

Thank god nobody got hurt!!! So sorry for everybody down there that the show is cancelled: fans, venue, GNR camp. However, very happy for those same people that this happened at the moment the venue was still closed. Take care everybody! And thanks to the GNR camp for keeping everybody in the loop before possible false rumors could spread.

Waiting for the self-proclaimed internet architect and construction experts to come in and make baseless assumptions on this situation. Remember people, let the Rio fire-department handle this case, and not some internet forum member architect hotshot who does not have any information on the situation, circumstances, nor on the construction plan of that stage. Thank you!!!

Can I kill somebody?

E que aguas de marco! O mundo ta acabando mesmo!

It did not rain this much yesterday. At least not where I'm staying at. It was for like 20 min and then it was all good.

O mundo pode acabar, só depois q repuserem este show.

Injuries are minor. Will update, as we are updated.

Thanks all, and I hope everything will work itself out.

:( Thanks for updating us. Hope everything is fine and be safe you all...

Thanks too for the update. I heard from a friend 10 minutes ago about a GN´R sound engineer being mortally wounded, thanhfully yhe rumour was shot down in Axls facebook.