The Ides Of March

tberrie007

atlas shrugged = scraped ?????????

" sometimes i feel like the world is on top of me "

atlas

Nah he was talking about Atlas somewhere else in the chats. It's not Scraped.

take the time at all to read the link ?????? if you didn't don't be so quick to dis-miss my theroy. mf_Dr_Evil.gifmf_Dr_Evil.gifmf_Dr_Evil.gifmf_krider.gif

So its safe to say that Axl is the reincarnation of Julius Caesar.

Nah, since Iron Maiden has a song called The Ides Of March as well.

atlas

take the time at all to read the link ?????? if you didn't don't be so quick to dis-miss my theroy. mf_Dr_Evil.gifmf_Dr_Evil.gifmf_Dr_Evil.gifmf_krider.gif

No need to, Axl said in the chats that Atlas Shrugged was a real song and didn't really have anything to do with the novel. He said it after CD came out.

So its safe to say that Axl is the reincarnation of Julius Caesar.

Nah, since Iron Maiden has a song called The Ides Of March as well.

atlas

No need to, Axl said in the chats that Atlas Shrugged was a real song and didn't really have anything to do with the novel. He said it after CD came out.

" working titles "

Axl also said most of the new songs played live before CD came out wouldnt even be on the album..........and what did we get ? a album of songs that wouldnt be on the album................ rofl-lol.gifrofl-lol.gifrofl-lol.gif

"Atlas Shrugged" dates back to at least 1999, when Brian May was recording with Axl.

"Scraped" (on the other hand), was written with Buckethead after he joined in 2000. It's working title was "The Lies They Tell."

Axl Rose: "Song doesn't have all that much to do with the book other than trying to do what you believe in and a line about shoulders not being wide enough."

(MYGNRFORUM, December, 2008)

Will Brian May appear on Atlas Shrugged?

Axl: "Perhaps on an alternate or bits, on that track it has more to do with recording issues and getting the mix to a good level."

(CD.COM, December, 2008)

Edited by John Bonham

"Atlas Shrugged" dates back to at least 1999, when Brian May was recording with Axl.

"Scraped" (on the other hand), was written with Buckethead after he joined in 2000. It's working title was "The Lies They Tell."

Axl Rose: "Song doesn't have all that much to do with the book other than trying to do what you believe in and a line about shoulders not being wide enough."

(MYGNRFORUM, December, 2008)

Will Brian May appear on Atlas Shrugged?

Axl: "Perhaps on an alternate or bits, on that track it has more to do with recording issues and getting the mix to a good level."

(CD.COM, December, 2008)

Nice :) Nice to know Axl is open to the possibility of alternate versions of tracks in the future too :) An all Buckethead version of Chidem would be dreamy. Was anyone else very surprised how honest Axl was during those chats?? He let everything out of the bag that time, which is unusual in the land of GnR where everything is secret.

Interesting that he mentions Oh My God.

And Silkworms.

He also said about re-worked guitars in Silkworms, we knew they were still fiddling about with that. I never noticed that he said Oh My God until there now, it suggests that they're still working with it.

Yea, didn't Tommy or someone say they were still working on OMG a while ago?

What actually happened was that someone gave him a list of titles that included those two, and Axl said which ones are real.

I don't know what he meant by Down On The Ocean (Izzy). There is one Izzy solo song (called Box) that has a line in the chorus saying "he lives in a box down by the ocean". Might be referring to that.

Supposedly Izzy recorded vocals on a song called Down By The Ocean. Title's been thrown around for a few years I believe.

Could also be referring to Sweet Caress:

"Lookin' at the ocean blue

Sittin' thinking' here of you

Cast in light down from the moon

Sweet caress the ocean blue

Just a stolen moment through

Coldest night the fullest moon

I can tell you why it happened

Somethings been pullin' me to you

No apologies have been requested

Far beneath a yellow moon

Feeling out the ocean blue