Marcos Mion talking about Axl Rose, "Secret Show" and more..

realpoti

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this guy isn't making a lot sense 'cause either there's nothing to it or he doesn't know how to comprehend it in the first place. I think it's tough when how you value yourself (ie. powerful club promoter/owner) collides with what you hold dear (belief in a band or sports team). In all likelihood it sounds like this individual felt he could coerce the band into performing a show since logistically it doesn't make much sense to the claims he's making.

If this show was really set in stone, that the band was there to sound check,that riders were sent by "management," you would think he would let the actual evidence speak for itself. Why not publish the rider, a message from someone in GNR's circle, a copy of a signed contract, or at the very least, a picture of a band member at the bar doing sound check. You're telling me that the band came to soundcheck their equipment and NO ONE took a picture? That doesn't sit right.

Very odd indeed, but drama such as this always seems to find this band. Guess it's part and parcel of what GNR is, something I'm sure Axl doesn't relish.

Cheers,

Andrew

Yeah I'm guessing this Mion dude is probaly telling the truth.

What a surprise you would think that.

At the end of the day, it's clear that Axl's voice was in rougher shape at the last show. Making a decision to cancel a small show of a few hundred at most vs. canceling a show where tens of thousands of people are attending is the correct decision from a pure numbers perspective.

Mion can bitch all he wants and make up all the rumors he wants about cocaine use, but that doesn't change the above argument. All it does is make him look like a fool.

Ali

But I thought it was nobel of him to explain himself on stage. It means he was at least a little worried and, of course, as any fan, I believed him. These guys always have people around them trying to take advantage. Maybe his manager, who he calls the fucker he met in NY, really scheduled this party in his name and he never wanted to be there... I do believe that. Especially cause he made a point out of saying that on stage and explaining himself.

And, if that was the case, he is right about not going. And if he really has all these problems with his vocal chords and can't sing like he used to, like people say, he is even more right in not going. Any artist knows they have to prepare themselves for the big show!!

As if he didn't watch videos from the last show on YouTube. :rolleyes: He seems kinda butthurt. (But who wouldn't?)

Sorry about the translation... it's not THAT good, but hey, you're not paying me!!! Hahaha :lol: j/k

Hey I'd buy you a gallon of beer but you're too far away. :thumbsup:

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Hm, to me it looks as if the story could be this:

Mr. "Scumbag" in New York asks Axl somewhen during the fashion week to play a similar gig like the ones at the Rose Bar and Varvatos' store in a Club in São Paulo.

Axl says no.

Mr. "Scumbag" tells Mion (or might have told him before even asking, people do strange things to look grand) Axl wants to play in a São Paulo club, maybe relying on Axl not wanting to be the notorious no-show-guy in the end. Everything is settled.

Axl hasn't got a clue until the night before the São Paulo club gig is actually supposed to happen.

Not wanting to be the notorious no-show-guy indeed, he agrees to do the gig, everything is prepared.

But it turns out that his voice is still so bad after the Belo Horizonte concert (we remember, it was disappointingly short, and on Beta's birthday!) that he would risk to not be able to do the sold out São Paulo concert (45.000-60.000 fans) the next night if he chooses to actually do the accoustic gig at Mion's club.

So they decide to not do it.

Mions pissed off, spreading wild lies about why Axl didn't turn up.

Axl's pissed off, makes his statement about the whole affair in a rant at the São Paulo concert. After that, he feels better, laughing heartily at the "fuck you ..." shouts at his own request.

Mion backpedals, deleting former twitter messages and presenting himself in his blog as the loyal, adoring fan who has been played dirty tricks on by his idol. Which honestly might be his impression from the whole matter.

So, if it happened like this, the one to blame for the whole unpleasant incident is probably Mr. Scumbag in New York who might now be a has-been-friend of Mr. Axl Rose.

Mind you - all just a guess, based on what the involved persons said about the affair.

Edited by Granny

At the end of the day, it's clear that Axl's voice was in rougher shape at the last show. Making a decision to cancel a small show of a few hundred at most vs. canceling a show where tens of thousands of people are attending is the correct decision from a pure numbers perspective.

Mion can bitch all he wants and make up all the rumors he wants about cocaine use, but that doesn't change the above argument. All it does is make him look like a fool.

Ali

thats silly - the people where at the secret show cause they expected axl to there - clearly something happened

Ali

thats silly - the people where at the secret show cause they expected axl to there - clearly something happened

Obviously they expected something to happen. It was the right call to skip the show in order to preserve an opportunity to play the tour date the following day. Mion making up stories about Axl being hospitalized for a cocaine overdose only serves to make him look bad and undermine his credibility on this topic.

Ali

Hm, to me it looks as if the story could be this:

Mr. "Scumbag" in New York asks Axl somewhen during the fashion week to play a similar gig like the ones at the Rose Bar and Varvatos' store in a Club in São Paulo.

Axl says no.

Mr. "Scumbag" tells Mion (or might have told him before even asking, people do strange things to look grand) Axl wants to play in a São Paulo club, maybe relying on Axl not wanting to be the notorious no-show-guy in the end. Everything is settled.

Axl hasn't got a clue until the night before the São Paulo club gig is actually supposed to happen.

Not wanting to be the notorious no-show-guy indeed, he agrees to do the gig, everything is prepared.

But it turns out that his voice is still so bad after the Belo Horizonte concert (we remember, it was disappointingly short, and on Beta's birthday!) that he would risk to not be able to do the sold out São Paulo concert (45.000-60.000 fans) the next night if he chooses to actually do the accoustic gig at Mion's club.

So they decide to not do it.

Mions pissed off, spreading wild lies about why Axl didn't turn up.

Axl's pissed off, makes his statement about the whole affair in a rant at the São Paulo concert. After that, he feels better, laughing heartily at the "fuck you ..." shouts at his own request.

Mion backpedals, deleting former twitter messages and presenting himself in his blog as the loyal, adoring fan who has been played dirty tricks on by his idol. Which honestly might be his impression from the whole matter.

So, if it happened like this, the one to blame for the whole unpleasant incident is probably Mr. Scumbag in New York who might now be a has-been-friend of Mr. Axl Rose.

Mind you - all just a guess, based on what the involved persons said about the affair.

This seems about right.

Ali

Obviously they expected something to happen. It was the right call to skip the show in order to preserve an opportunity to play the tour date the following day. Mion making up stories about Axl being hospitalized for a cocaine overdose only serves to make him look bad and undermine his credibility on this topic.

Ali

How do we know he made it up? And seriously what would his motives be?

People don't spend their time thinking of ways to fuck other people over.

Ali

Ali

Give me a break. First, how in the hell would Mion be the only person privy to this information if it were true? There was NO one else saying this. Second, Axl was hospitalized for a drug overdose and then played a full set within 24 hrs? Really? Third, I believe someone from this board said Vanessa (Beta's daughter) said Axl was resting his voice before Axl commented on stage about it the next day. I think it was pretty obvious from the live streams that Axl's voice wasn't at full strength the following day.

People may not spend their time thinking of ways to fuck others over. But, they do lash out in anger and they do talk shit. I don't think it was a premeditated effort on this Mion guy's part. I think he was more than likely pissed that Axl opted to not play the acoustic show and rest his voice for the following day's show and just blew off some steam. The problem is that when you say things out of anger, you end up looking bad sometimes.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Ali

maybe the cocaine/hospital thing is a little fishy - but i suspect their is probaly some truth to what he is saying.

Ali

Give me a break. First, how in the hell would Mion be the only person privy to this information if it were true? There was NO one else saying this. Second, Axl was hospitalized for a drug overdose and then played a full set within 24 hrs? Really? Third, I believe someone from this board said before Axl commented on stage about opting to rest his voice for the tour date the next day. I think it was pretty obvious from the live streams that Axl's voice wasn't at full strength the following day.

People may not spend their time thinking of ways to fuck others over. But, they do lash out in anger and they do talk shit. I don't think it was a premeditated effort on this Mion guy's part. I think he was more than likely pissed that Axl opted to not play the acoustic show and rest his voice for the following day's show and just blew off some steam. The problem is that when you say things out of anger, you end up looking bad sometimes.

Ali

Anyway, why is this guy bitching at all ? Even if his story was true, and if the band agreed to play the show, Axl was in hospital and couldn't be in his shitty club to perform.

Why is he so butthurt ? Because the "celebrities" fucked up his place ?

Maybe he is pissed because axl didn't tell him he wouldn't be there.

I would be, and so would you.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Anyway, why is this guy bitching at all ? Even if his story was true, and if the band agreed to play the show, Axl was in hospital and couldn't be in his shitty club to perform.

Why is he so butthurt ? Because the "celebrities" fucked up his place ?

Don't think Axl was in a hospital. He just stayed in his hotel room resting his voice.

Thanks for the translation debrose :thumbsup:

This Marcos Meon dude is full of shit and not only did he contradict himself but he also spread rumour of Axl´s overdose and him being hospitalized...etc. Now, after seeing all the shit HE caused and all the criticism/bashing he has received , he is retracting of all the shit. Boo hooo fucking hoo :thumbsdown:

Anyone else thinks that this guy should just shut up? Another world class example of noveau riche brazil wanna be elite! Personally I am quite happy they didn`t play for these guys...

So was Guns suppose to play this club? Is the soundcheck real? If so, why didn't Axl show up?

I mean if the band did the soundcheck then they were scheduled to be there right?