Guns N Roses Guitar Settings

For any musicians out there that like covering GNR:

What kinda amp settings do you guys use? Guitar settings? Just interested in perfecting the GNR sounds.

If it helps, I have a Fender Telecaster, and NO I AM NOT LOOKING TO GET THE SLASH SOUND. I'm looking for more of an Izzy type sound; hitting up the rhythm section. I understand that if I wanted to be Slash, I'd get a Les Paul. I'm just looking for some tips.

For any musicians out there that like covering GNR:

What kinda amp settings do you guys use? Guitar settings? Just interested in perfecting the GNR sounds.

If it helps, I have a Fender Telecaster, and NO I AM NOT LOOKING TO GET THE SLASH SOUND. I'm looking for more of an Izzy type sound; hitting up the rhythm section. I understand that if I wanted to be Slash, I'd get a Les Paul. I'm just looking for some tips.

Tune your guitar half step down and play around with either an effect pedal or a line 6 amp.

Uh...yeah, the half-step down goes without saying. And I sincerely doubt that a Line 6 could capture the GNR sound...they used mostly Marshall JCM's,

I'm not looking for a "get this and play around with it". I'm simply inquiring what people are ALREADY using for settings and such. I'm ALREADY playing around with what i have. I want something with a little more detail.

Uh...yeah, the half-step down goes without saying. And I sincerely doubt that a Line 6 could capture the GNR sound...they used mostly Marshall JCM's,

I'm not looking for a "get this and play around with it". I'm simply inquiring what people are ALREADY using for settings and such. I'm ALREADY playing around with what i have. I want something with a little more detail.

Izzy always used much less saturation than slash (slash deceivingly uses less distortion than people think as well) Izzy basically has a dirty sound. He also played in between the beats a lot (syncopation). As far as eq goes, bump up your mids, and dip your low and high. If your controls go from 1-10, hi-6, mid-7, low-6.

He also commonly turned his guitar volume knob down about halfway enabling him to bump it up for more saturation under Slash's solos.

Izzy always used much less saturation than slash (slash deceivingly uses less distortion than people think as well) Izzy basically has a dirty sound. He also played in between the beats a lot (syncopation). As far as eq goes, bump up your mids, and dip your low and high. If your controls go from 1-10, hi-6, mid-7, low-6.

He also commonly turned his guitar volume knob down about halfway enabling him to bump it up for more saturation under Slash's solos.

Pretty decent evaluation.

Thanks man. Really appreciated.