Slash referencing Axl in "Crucify The Dead"?

ManetsBR

THAT'S FROM NEWGNR FORUM, link.

After listening to the Ozzy song on Slashs solo album (Crucify the Dead), lyrically I think Ozzy is speaking about Axl and Slashs relationship in the way Axl speaks about Slash in "Sorry". Though Ozzy is singing it, Slash co-wrote it with him. I remember reading an interview with a DJ who listened to this song months ago and he said it might annoy Axl Rose.

Check out the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ps0bQONjys

Check out the lyrics here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=161765

Certain lines seem like references:

"We had the same dream

Lived life to extreme

A loaded gun jammed by a rose"

"Betrayed us all with your own selfish greed"

"The thorns are not around your head

Your ego cursed you till you bled"

"We were like brothers with the world in our hands

You always have too much to say

Someday you look back and you wonder why

You let it all slip away"

I just find it interesting, I might be completly wrong though, but that's what I think it's about.

That's interesting.... what do you guys think?

Edited by ManetsBR

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"loaded gun jammed by a rose" is pretty hard to disguise as anything but a reference to GnR and Axl. And if he hadn't of intended that, then he must have known everyone would take it that way.

Doesn't really jibe with Slash's 'it's been a long time, I hold no animosity' schtick he's playing now.

I like Sorry and Crucify The Dead. I see the humor in two beyond wealthy ,40-something ,multi-millionaires having a go at one another through songs. At least they don't take it to the next level like Biggie/2Pac (RIP) etc.

This.

Both of them are great songs, but the lyrics are very childish. Give it up, guys. You're almost 50. If you don't want to reunite, fine. Stop acting like children.

Edited by bacardimayne

I like Sorry and Crucify The Dead. I see the humor in two beyond wealthy ,40-something ,multi-millionaires having a go at one another through songs. At least they don't take it to the next level like Biggie/2Pac (RIP) etc.

This.

Both of them are great songs, but the lyrics are very childish. Give it up, guys. You're almost 50. If you don't want to reunite, fine. Stop acting like children.

I don;t think Sorry lyrics are childish "It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me" that's awesome and so is the rest.

This.

I don;t think Sorry lyrics are childish "It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me" that's awesome and so is the rest.

"You talk too much, you say I do, difference is nobody cares about you"

"but I don't vant to do eet"

"You like to hurt me, you know that you do"

Fucking childish.

This.

Pretty inspired. Slash should just 'shut up and play'.

This.

Fucking childish.

It's art, it's healthy to vent, you've never felt as strongly as the songs suggest about someone? It's kick-ass.

The rose and the thorns, OMG that's SO original, never heard it before LOL :xmassrudolph:

Pretty shitty lyrics, if he wanted to counter attack sorry = epic fail

way better lyrics than what he wrote about Axl in his Snakepit record...

tried making out the beginning:

The fire started long ago

the flames burnt down

it burns slow

So charming black

there's nothing there

to burn

to burn

We had the same dream

Lived life to extreme

A loaded gun jammed by a rose

The thorns are now around your head

your ego'll curse you 'til you're dead

You can not crusify the dead

to beat your game, yeah

This.

Fucking childish.

It's art, it's healthy to vent, you've never felt as strongly as the songs suggest about someone? It's kick-ass.

No, I haven't had a childish hatred of someone I was friends with for 10 years prior to that.

This.

Fucking childish.

No, I haven't had a childish hatred of someone I was friends with for 10 years prior to that.

Me neither.

This.

Fucking childish.

Everybody's got enemies.

The rose and the thorns, OMG that's SO original, never heard it before LOL :xmassrudolph:

Pretty shitty lyrics, if he wanted to counter attack sorry = epic fail

Sorry is the worst GNR song I have ever heard so it is not as epic a fail as you make it out to be.

In your opinion. IMO Sorry is one of the best GNR songs I've heard. But it's a matter of personal taste