Slash referencing Axl in "Crucify The Dead"?

ManetsBR

This Slash album is more and more disappointing. I prefer his VR work with classics such as "Fall to pieces", "Slither", "Set me Free", "She builds quick machines", I really don't like this idea of having a different singer every track, Ozzy lost all credibility to me since his poor MTV show.

This song is... boring. Heard it a thousand times before. The lyrics could have been meaner and funnier but here it's poor and too obvious " a loaded gun jammed by a rose" LOL. Yeah cool. The solo is poor. I don't know what the fuck Slash is doing but I don't like it.

Sorry is a much much much better song.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Slash album is more and more disappointing. I prefer his VR work with classics such as "Fall to pieces", "Slither", "Set me Free", "She builds quick machines", I really don't like this idea of having a different singer every track, Ozzy lost all credibility to me since his poor MTV show.

This song is... boring. Heard it a thousand times before. The lyrics could have been meaner and funnier but here it's poor and too obvious " a loaded gun jammed by a rose" LOL. Yeah cool. The solo is poor. I don't know what the fuck Slash is doing but I don't like it.

Sorry is a much much much better song.

Agreed it is not a spectacular album, the lyrics are cliche' and the same tired riffs decorate the songs, It is for all intents and purposes null & void. It sounds very dated.

Lol Slash :lol:

Can we please ban this phrase before it starts to appear on every page of every thread, it's not funny, it's not clever and makes whoever posts it come across like a 5 year old. Same goes for "Jarboni" and "Broham."

Can we please ban this phrase before it starts to appear on every page of every thread, it's not funny, it's not clever and makes whoever posts it come across like a 5 year old. Same goes for "Jarboni" and "Broham."

Don't forget "Axl Disciples" "Slashite" and "Axlite" whilst I admit the latter 2 can provide some funny little flame wars if you don't take them too seriously, mostly when any one member uses the said phrases in my mind, they're a kid at a keyboard, nothing more. Period.

Only if Jabroni, Broham,Broseph; amd "GNR Educator" are gone as well. Really not out to impress anyone, and it sums up my feelings about slash w/o being insulting, I didn't start it I appropriated it from another poster. :lol:

THAT'S FROM NEWGNR FORUM, link.

After listening to the Ozzy song on Slashs solo album (Crucify the Dead), lyrically I think Ozzy is speaking about Axl and Slashs relationship in the way Axl speaks about Slash in "Sorry". Though Ozzy is singing it, Slash co-wrote it with him. I remember reading an interview with a DJ who listened to this song months ago and he said it might annoy Axl Rose.

Check out the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ps0bQONjys

Check out the lyrics here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=161765

Certain lines seem like references:

"We had the same dream

Lived life to extreme

A loaded gun jammed by a rose"

"Betrayed us all with your own selfish greed"

"The thorns are not around your head

Your ego cursed you till you bled"

"We were like brothers with the world in our hands

You always have too much to say

Someday you look back and you wonder why

You let it all slip away"

I just find it interesting, I might be completly wrong though, but that's what I think it's about.

That's interesting.... what do you guys think?

Prolly written about axl...whatever. Slash is a "cancer"

anyways eh?

THAT'S FROM NEWGNR FORUM, link.

After listening to the Ozzy song on Slashs solo album (Crucify the Dead), lyrically I think Ozzy is speaking about Axl and Slashs relationship in the way Axl speaks about Slash in "Sorry". Though Ozzy is singing it, Slash co-wrote it with him. I remember reading an interview with a DJ who listened to this song months ago and he said it might annoy Axl Rose.

Check out the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ps0bQONjys

Check out the lyrics here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=161765 Certain lines seem like references:

"We had the same dream

Lived life to extreme

"Betrayed us all with your own selfish greed"

"The thorns are not around your head

Your ego cursed you till you bled"

"We were like brothers with the world in our hands

You always have too much to say

Someday you look back and you wonder why

You let it all slip away"

I just find it interesting, I might be completly wrong though, but that's what I think it's about.

That's interesting.... what do you guys think?

Prolly written about axl...whatever. Slash is a "cancer"

anyways eh?

Yuppity, and I think the lyrics may qualify as a STD

LOL Slash

"We had the same dream

Lived life to extreme

I get this mental image of a gun, like the one Axl carries at the start of Don't Cry, an old style gun, pirate style,

and there's a thorny rose stem wedged in the bit that hits the bullet. A bit literal i know :D

I don't get mental Images from cornball cliche' lyrics,but the piece on the hammer when you pull the trigger that causes the bullet to fire is called the firing pin, lol pirates :lol:

amazing news :rolleyes: Well, maybe it's his retort to "sorry" and if so, seems fair enough to me - Let's hope it's half as good.

I'm more interested in buying the album and hearing what Slash has come up with. Should be cool (hopefully).

"We had the same dream

Lived life to extreme

I get this mental image of a gun, like the one Axl carries at the start of Don't Cry, an old style gun, pirate style,

and there's a thorny rose stem wedged in the bit that hits the bullet. A bit literal i know :D

I don't get mental Images from cornball cliche' lyrics,but the piece on the hammer when you pull the trigger that causes the bullet to fire is called the firing pin, lol pirates :lol:

You are a damn broken record.

"We had the same dream

Lived life to extreme

You are a damn broken record.

Thank you, but compliments won't get you anywhere silly :rolleyes:

"We had the same dream

Lived life to extreme

For the love of individuality, AXL AND SLASH ARE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE. Slash is a simple guy who makes up for it with his renowned riffs and intricate, distinguished solos. Axl is the avante garde, deep thinking lyricist whose abandoned the word simple in 92'. Love them for who they are and quit the stupid wars.

Edited by JesusisSavior

"We had the same dream

Lived life to extreme

For the love of individuality, AXL AND SLASH ARE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE. Slash is a simple guy who makes up for it with his renowned riffs and intricate, distinguished solos. Axl is the avante garde, deep thinking lyricist whose abandoned the word simple in 92'. Love them for who they are and quit the stupid wars.

that's right. Come on, people now, smile on your brother. Everybody get together, try to love one an... Oh forget it, just try not to kill each other.

Wow, another reasonable post in this kindergarten thread. Thanks.

I'll try to ignore the evangelist user name. <_<

Don't think it was ever in doubt that these are two very different individuals, it's just a matter of personal preferance, imo :)

Some people like strawberry ice cream, some like chocolate, some like neopolitan, it's just what works for you.

why's it so hard for you dolts to understand that slash could think that axl is both amazingly talented and also an asshole? the two aren't mutually exclusive. and usually, those qualities exist proportionally in relation to each other.

The Dolts think the cretins that think they are psychic and can magically tell what slash is thinking are ridiculously absurd. :lol:

Lol Slash

We're basing our GUESSES on evidence that Slash has said and reported recently.

No one said they KNOW what Slash is thinking, just like no one KNOWS this song is actually about Axl.

But Slash has said that he thinks Axl is amazing, but difficult to work with. That is one of many examples of why some of us feel that Slash has respect for Axl as a professional, but probably still has hard feelings, considering Axl's retarded and dickish insult of calling him a 'cancer'.

If you're too retarded to understand that, maybe you shouldn't post here.

If you feel the need to downgrade someone else to elevate your self-esteem "I feel sorry for you" you may try learning another insult besides "retarded" you redundantly employ that too often. The cancer comment may have been harsh,but it was straightforward the way he felt, I would rather someone speak their mind than behave passively-aggressive.

Well, maybe it's his retort to "sorry" and if so, seems fair enough to me - Let's hope it's half as good.

I always thought the obvious retort to "Axlites" was "Slasholes". :shrugs::tongue2:

Can we vote between "Slasholes" and "slashits" ? :shrugs::lol:

Edited by WARCAT

I'm glad I don't feel the need to choose sides or make reference to stupid catch phrases

I just enjoy the music from both sides :D

personally I think they both should be mature enough to meet face to face

Get rid of this third party bullshit and hearsay and resolve it and move on

I'm glad I don't feel the need to choose sides or make reference to stupid catch phrases

I just enjoy the music from both sides :D

personally I think they both should be mature enough to meet face to face

Get rid of this third party bullshit and hearsay and resolve it and move on

And on that note...

Let's just stick a fork in this particular catfight shall we?