Slash referencing Axl in "Crucify The Dead"?

ManetsBR

GUNS N' ROSES IS:

Axl Rose

Dizzy Reed

Tommy Stinson

Chris Pitman

Richard Fortus

Frank Ferrer

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

DJ Ashba

hmmm looking for Slash there, nope not there... :shrugs:

precisely!

my opinion: the person who made this topic was just looking for a way to discuss bring this stuff into the GnR section where it doesn't belong. Aren't they discussing this in the ex-members area?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GUNS N' ROSES IS:

Axl Rose

Dizzy Reed

Tommy Stinson

Chris Pitman

Richard Fortus

Frank Ferrer

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

DJ Ashba

precisely!

my opinion: the person who made this topic was just looking for a way to discuss bring this stuff into the GnR section where it doesn't belong. Aren't they discussing this in the ex-members area?

you are correct in every word! http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=161757&st=0

Yeah, because Ozzy would really write a song about his former band FOR A FUCKING SLASH ALBUM WITH REFERENCES TO ROSES,ETC. Move along.

oh jesus, champ i dont care either way. i was just pointing out how absurd it was for you to be so matter of fact about it after only citing 'some sabbath fans'.

I'd recommend the art of reading between the lines. Obviously I referred to where the discussion was originally done in an effort to convey that you could find the actual conversations there.

Objectivist my ass.

what is this i dont even

Songs don't have to be inspired by a single thought/emotion/person.

It could even be about Slash/Ozzy or both looking at a completely different band/relationship from the outside.

Of course a couple of lines can be thrown in that are relevant to their own situations, but it doesn't mean that is the (main) source of the song.

Same thing with Sorry.

Talking about the song, I don't know why Ozzy keeps singing, he sounds pretty terrible even with all the "help" he'll be getting with his vocals.

Music sounds pretty cool though. Hopefully during the tour we can hear them all sung well.

LP

Edited by Longpig

"A loaded gun jammed by a rose..." Sounds like a business attack on Axl. They were like brothers, but Axl put himself ahead of his friendship! IMO I don't think all of the lyrics are about Axl. I don't agree wih anything Slash says anyways. I think he's a fuckin' liar who sold out. People are gonna agree and I'm sure lots will disagree.

Slash... "I'm sorry 4 u..."

Agree 100 percent, straight up righteous post, and when the Beatles broke up they had a go at each other as well-check out the lyrics to Lennon's "how do you sleep"-he was accompanied by Harrison on this song. It was a power struggle between Lennon-who had always been seen as the groups leader and mastermind, and Macca whose new in-laws the Eastmans wanted to represent and run the group.

Roger Waters and David Gilmour had a fight about the inflatable pig,

these are people, with human feelings and grudges, I'm sure everyone on here has held a grudge or had a falling out with someone in their lives- Sorry is the better song, and I feel Sorry for Ozzy for shutting out Zakk Wylde,the best guitarist he has had since Randy Rhodes-

Sorry is venemous and the better song, with more slicing lyrics imo, LOL Slash

GUNS N' ROSES IS:

Axl Rose

Dizzy Reed

Tommy Stinson

Chris Pitman

Richard Fortus

Frank Ferrer

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

DJ Ashba

Haha. Thank you. Like I said... Bury it!

Miceffect & Gunsguy spot on! This has nothing to do with GNR's just a lame attempt by a former member, don't these type threads belong in

"former members" or "Dust n' bones?"

The lyrics could just as easily be interpreted from Ozzy's point of view against Black Sabbath.

Not according to some of the Sabbath fans who've discussed it in the Slash section.

oh well i guess that's definitive, some sabbath fans in the slash section say otherwise, end of discussion ty so much for playing.

Yeah, because Ozzy would really write a song about his former band FOR A FUCKING SLASH ALBUM WITH REFERENCES TO ROSES,ETC. Move along.

here you go no STOP it kids :)

I helped write the lyrics and melody for the song with my producer. It's kind of about what I think happened to Guns N' Roses. I often say to Slash 'Y'know what? One day you guys are going to wake up and go "What the fuck did we have and why did we blow it?". The song's what I'd be singing to Axl if I was Slash, y'know, 'They can't crucify you when you're dead'

Well, now that we have confirmation that the song is about Axl Rose and GnR, there can be no doubt that this thread belongs in this section of the forum. :)

Personally, I think Ozzy's point of view on the situation is very interesting and worth discussing. :)

If this is about Ozzy, it belongs in a different section, If this is about slash it belongs in a different section, last time I checked he isn't a member of GNR and hasn't been in a while, this heading says GNR news & discussion, and nobody has positive confirmation aside from the cheesy lyrics that it's about Axl, so it's a moot point.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I like Sorry and Crucify The Dead. I see the humor in two beyond wealthy ,40-something ,multi-millionaires having a go at one another through songs. At least they don't take it to the next level like Biggie/2Pac (RIP) etc.

This.

Both of them are great songs, but the lyrics are very childish. Give it up, guys. You're almost 50. If you don't want to reunite, fine. Stop acting like children.

Agreed.

THAT'S FROM NEWGNR FORUM, link.

After listening to the Ozzy song on Slashs solo album (Crucify the Dead), lyrically I think Ozzy is speaking about Axl and Slashs relationship in the way Axl speaks about Slash in "Sorry". Though Ozzy is singing it, Slash co-wrote it with him. I remember reading an interview with a DJ who listened to this song months ago and he said it might annoy Axl Rose.

Check out the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ps0bQONjys

Check out the lyrics here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=161765

Certain lines seem like references:

"We had the same dream

Lived life to extreme

A loaded gun jammed by a rose"

"Betrayed us all with your own selfish greed"

"The thorns are not around your head

Your ego cursed you till you bled"

"We were like brothers with the world in our hands

You always have too much to say

Someday you look back and you wonder why

You let it all slip away"

I just find it interesting, I might be completly wrong though, but that's what I think it's about.

That's interesting.... what do you guys think?

We should ask him to know it for sure :rofl-lol:

No, it's discussion about a song that was written about Axl and GnR.

Thank goodness you're not a mod, warchild. You seem a bit thick. :)

Sorry wrong ID, Somebody in this discussion claimed to have contacted slash via email, He said Ozzy wrote the song so all confirmation flies out the window. Anybody wishing to read slash news has an appropriate place to post it and it's not in this section. GNR=Axl, Ron, Tommy, Richard, Chris, Frank,and DJ, slash is not listed.

Oh dear. This is really hard for you, isn't it?

Were you allowed to use scissors at school? Did you take a special bus?

Ozzy wrote a song for Slash's new album (pre-order your copy today, kids!) that is about Axl Rose. Like you say, GNR=Axl.

:)

Fergie's song (which is absolutely awesome and streaming on Amazon right now, kids!) is not about Axl or GnR, so there will be no threads discussing that song in this section.

Oh dear. This is really hard for you, isn't it? Were you allowed to use scissors at school? Did you take a special bus?

Ozzy wrote a song for Slash's new album (pre-order your copy today, kids!) that is about Axl Rose. Like you say, GNR=Axl. :) Fergie's song (which is absolutely awesome and streaming on Amazon right now, kids!) is not about Axl or GnR, so there will be no threads discussing that song in this section.

Nobody has received confirmation from slash concerning the lyrics, slash replied to one poster that Ozzy had written it, So any debate is pure speculation, slash is not in GNR and hasn't been in years, so his album should be discussed in another section,this is titled GNR news and discussion,this is not the place to discuss slash's album or promote it. I'm more interested in tonights Guns N' Roses gig in Peru tonight.

Ozzy my ass.

Blatantly Axl and slash agreed to this over a cuppa tea

They're playin you all

:lol: Chaos you may be onto something, care to share? :lol:

Warchild, it was confirmed. Rock solid confirmation straight from Ozzy.

I agree that this section is absolutely no place to promote SLASH'S SOLO ALBUM which is DUE OUT NEXT MONTH and available for pre-order RIGHT NOW in GENERAL SALE and CLASSIC ROCK SLASHPACK, but that's not what is happening. This is a thread about Ozzy's thoughts on Axl and the GnR breakup.

I hope you finally understand :)

Yes. It was confirmed.

After Axl and Slash had their cuppa, and Slash said, 'hey, mind if I bitch you out to promote a new song for my album, since you did Sorry, the kids will love it, we'll call it quits after this.' and then Axl said 'ok, but only if the lyrics are so shit that it doesn't even need a counterattack.' Slash replied 'Oh, that's cool, I'm getting Ozzy to write it anyway so I can blame it on him.'

And it was a done deal.

Yes. It was confirmed.

After Axl and Slash had their cuppa, and Slash said, 'hey, mind if I bitch you out to promote a new song for my album, since you did Sorry, the kids will love it, we'll call it quits after this.' and then Axl said 'ok, but only if the lyrics are so shit that it doesn't even need a counterattack.' Slash replied 'Oh, that's cool, I'm getting Ozzy to write it anyway so I can blame it on him.'

And it was a done deal.

:lol: :lol: Chaos are you a Brit? you have a dry sense of ironic humor that few appreiciate, Thanks for the laugh :thumbsup:

Oh dear. This is really hard for you, isn't it?

Were you allowed to use scissors at school? Did you take a special bus?

Ozzy wrote a song for Slash's new album (pre-order your copy today, kids!) that is about Axl Rose. Like you say, GNR=Axl.

:)

Fergie's song (which is absolutely awesome and streaming on Amazon right now, kids!) is not about Axl or GnR, so there will be no threads discussing that song in this section.

:rofl-lol:

That was Fergie's song??? I thought it was Perla doing a Skunk Anansie cover.