Slash referencing Axl in "Crucify The Dead"?

ManetsBR

Oh dear. This is really hard for you, isn't it?

Were you allowed to use scissors at school? Did you take a special bus?

Ozzy wrote a song for Slash's new album (pre-order your copy today, kids!) that is about Axl Rose. Like you say, GNR=Axl.

:)

Fergie's song (which is absolutely awesome and streaming on Amazon right now, kids!) is not about Axl or GnR, so there will be no threads discussing that song in this section.

:rofl-lol:

That was Fergie's song??? I thought it was Perla doing a Skunk Anansie cover.

:lol::lol: who the hell is Skunk Anansie? Doesn't sound appetizing! but neither is Perla imo :scared:

and Dead whatever, classic rawker whomever, there is no confirmed statement that this is about Axl, this is not the "former members" section

so until you get verification all the slash propaganda and publicity belongs in the other section, I care more about GNR in Peru tonight.

Thank you.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: :lol: Chaos are you a Brit? you have a dry sense of ironic humor that few appreiciate, Thanks for the laugh :thumbsup:

lol

Mmhm. It's not my origin but I was unfortunately born here.

You have a wicked sarcasm, don't go changing-I enjoy your posts!!

:thumbsup: One can't help where one is born, just carry on! :)

there is no confirmed statement that this is about Axl, this is not the "former members" section

so until you get verification all the slash propaganda and publicity belongs in the other section, I care more about GNR in Peru tonight.

Thank you.

are you all blind or what :question:

Ok, Classic Rock magazine, April 2010. Bigass feature on Slash's solo record, and the following quote from OZZY:

I helped write the lyrics and melody for the song with my producer. It's kind of about what I think happened to Guns N' Roses. I often say to Slash 'Y'know what? One day you guys are going to wake up and go "What the fuck did we have and why did we blow it?". The song's what I'd be singing to Axl if I was Slash, y'know, 'They can't crucify you when you're dead'

GUNS N' ROSES IS:

Axl Rose

Dizzy Reed

Tommy Stinson

Chris Pitman

Richard Fortus

Frank Ferrer

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

DJ Ashba

hmmm looking for Slash there, nope not there... :shrugs:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That aint Guns N' Roses you silly goose!

Actually it is, the original lineup is dead, it's 2010 and things change-once you see them in concert I hope you'll agree, but for all legal practices and purposes Gunsguy is absolutely right! Sorry to burst your 1991 time warp. GUNS N' ROSES LIVE IN PERU TONIGHT!

GUNS N' ROSES IS:

Axl Rose

Dizzy Reed

Tommy Stinson

Chris Pitman

Richard Fortus

Frank Ferrer

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

DJ Ashba

hmmm looking for Slash there, nope not there... :shrugs:

I recognise Axl Rose. But I think the other names are the cast from A Country Practice?. Richard Fortus played Frank Gilroy?

:question:

Alot of that generation of rocks really loved GNR and many of them thought they could have been the next Zeppelin, Aerosmith or the Stones. The band flaming out the way it did one of rock's great tragedies in that respect. Not surprised to see Ozzy write about that subject matter given his own experiences with inter-band issues.

Yep.

How many threads have we seen on this board, with some musician referencing Axl Rose or Guns N Roses.

ROFLMAO, then someone should warn Guns n' Roses because those guys are selling out a South American tour right now AS "Guns n' Roses". :shrugs:

Indeed, maybe the previous poster could call them in Peru and warn them :shrugs::lol:

Even the lead guitarist knows it's not Guns N' Roses ...

Some disgruntled Guns N' Roses fans make the comment that the group's current lineup isn't Guns N' Roses, but is actually Axl Rose's solo project. What is your response to that?

They're right in their own mind if it isn't Guns N' Roses as they define Guns N' Roses. If you don't like calling it Guns N' Roses, call it G N' R, and if that makes you feel better, then good. That's what I like to call it - G N' R. If you feel Guns N' Roses is so strongly defined by the members that were on its debut album, fine, call this G N' R and find something else to cry about - something worthwhile. There's bigger problems in the world than what a band is calling itself. Jesus, it's fucking rock 'n' roll. We're just going out there, playing, and having a good time. Call it G N' R and enjoy it, that's all. That's my suggestion if the name's really a problem for anyone - if you wanna listen to Guns N' Roses, put on the 'Appetite' album, be happy, and if you wanna listen to G N' R, put on 'Chinese Democracy' and come to a show.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/hit_the_lights/bumblefoot_chinese_democracy_is_gnrs_white_album_the_beatles.html

So, does that settle the argument? This isn't Guns N' Roses - it's GN'R

Edited by John Bonham

Slash, Duff, etc., are still Guns N' Roses, always will be. There is no way to ever divest them from the band. Watch the black and white Sweet Child o' Mine video streaming in 2010 YouTube. I don't think this argument on what is Guns N' Roses will get much farther than people using elements of Piaget's child development.

For all Legal Puposes This is Guns N' Roses, slash and duff signed their rights away thankfully, we all saw how VR turned out,and snakepit. My tickets for the few concerts I was able to see in Canada said GUNS N' ROSES, they came, they rocked, they succeeded!

Slash, Duff, etc., are still Guns N' Roses, always will be. There is no way to ever divest them from the band. Watch the black and white Sweet Child o' Mine video streaming in 2010 YouTube. I don't think this argument on what is Guns N' Roses will get much farther than people using elements of Piaget's child development.

For all Legal Puposes This is Guns N' Roses, slash and duff signed their rights away thankfully, we all saw how VR turned out,and snakepit. My tickets for the few concerts I was able to see in Canada said GUNS N' ROSES, they came, they rocked, they succeeded!

Finally someone who knows what they are talking about. The classic line up is dead. I can't believe how some people are not over it. Those five were a previous line up. Today they are not Guns N' Roses. Guns N' Roses today is very different in members and sound, and I like it.

For everyone saying this song is about Axl...Ozzy wrote the lyrics not slash...this song is about ozzy and tony iommi....ozzy doesnt give a fuck about axl

If Ozzy was going to write a song so personal for himself, why would he do it on SOMEONE ELSE'S solo album?

Also, his concerts would sell less tickets.

Yeah, but when has Axl really cared about the money. It looks like he didn't really care about the promotion of his own album either.

I think it's all about pride, he wouldn't want to throw away the band that he co-founded a long time ago.

Uhhh...Axl did throw away the band that he co-founded. He kept the name. It's obvious that Axl cares about the money because if he didn't he would be the frontman for the Axl Rose Band.

I think the ultimate slap in the face to Axl would be if Slash's album out sold CD. I think it is realistic that this could happen.

Ozzy put it on slashs album because ozzy doesnt give a fuck about saving a gem for his album ...I'm sure there was some inspiration cause he was workin with slash to talk about old friends..But Ozzy is 62 he doesnt give a flying fuck about Axl..Ozzy talks shit about axl in his new book I read it...hes in court right now with tony iommi over black sabbath hes talking about him.

Also, his concerts would sell less tickets.

Yeah, but when has Axl really cared about the money. It looks like he didn't really care about the promotion of his own album either.

I think it's all about pride, he wouldn't want to throw away the band that he co-founded a long time ago.

I think the ultimate slap in the face to Axl would be if Slash's album out sold CD. I think it is realistic that this could happen.

that would be awesome hahaha, back to reality call for Axl and his hired band

Edited by slashfan31

Does Axl offer the band members any ownership in the Guns N' Roses name? Or does he selfishly keep it all to himself?

The old members still have the right to their own songs and parts, that won't change of course.

But Axl has all the rights to the name 'Guns N' Roses'. The old members signed the rights over Axl and didn't think too much of it.

Looks like it was a right move for him. He salvaged his musical career and he salvaged Guns N' Roses. Without that deal (and Paul / Beta :P) there would be no more Guns N' Roses. Or GN'R, if you will.

one album

Does Axl offer the band members any ownership in the Guns N' Roses name? Or does he selfishly keep it all to himself?

The old members still have the right to their own songs and parts, that won't change of course.

But Axl has all the rights to the name 'Guns N' Roses'. The old members signed the rights over Axl and didn't think too much of it.

Looks like it was a right move for him. He salvaged his musical career and he salvaged Guns N' Roses. Without that deal (and Paul / Beta :P) there would be no more Guns N' Roses. Or GN'R, if you will.

in my opinion, he killed GnR's rock and roll legacy instead