Slash referencing Axl in "Crucify The Dead"?

ManetsBR

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one album

Yes, amazing, isn't it? One was all it took. :tongue2:

to tarnish the band's legacy..

You are right. It has tarnished the legacy. It was greeted in the US with a yawn, if that.

that says more about the US than about the album, unless you feel that because the jonas brothers are popular they must be amazing.

how it tarnished GN'R legacy ? I thing Slash covering "Paradise City" with Fergie and Cypress Hill was tarnishing legacy or coming up with totally uninspired version of SCOM with Black Eyed Peas.

Ozzy about "Crucify the Dead" : "The song's what I'd be singing to Axl if I was Slash y'know : "They can't crucify you, when you're dead""

It has tarnished the legacy. It was greeted in the US with a yawn, if that.

Oh, yes, and the US equals the world. :violin:

Go on spitting bile, boys. If it makes you happy. For my part, I appreciate progression. Nothing more boring than the same sound from a band album by album by album. <_<

Edited by Granny

one album

You are right. It has tarnished the legacy. It was greeted in the US with a yawn, if that.

that says more about the US than about the album, unless you feel that because the jonas brothers are popular they must be amazing.

Rock radio in the U.S. plays songs from Black Gives Way to Blue (Alice in Chains), Death Magnetic (Metallica) and Black Ice (AC/DC) constantly - I think that's a more fitting comparison.

Go on spitting bile, boys. If it makes you happy. For my part, I appreciate progression. Nothing more boring than the same sound from a band album by album by album. <_<

Did I say that the US equals the world? I am commenting on what I know. I am not going to comment on Basil or Denmark when I have no clue how the album did there.

It's a good enough album with a few strong songs on it but it is Guns only in name.

For everyone saying this song is about Axl...Ozzy wrote the lyrics not slash...this song is about ozzy and tony iommi....ozzy doesnt give a fuck about axl

If Ozzy was going to write a song so personal for himself, why would he do it on SOMEONE ELSE'S solo album?

Not only that but "a loaded gun jammed by a rose"...Come on...Is that a coincidence ? :rofl-lol:

one album

Does it means that US sucks when we're talking about music nowadays, or that CD sucks?

Well, if you saw the Grammy Awards, and if you are updated about the Chinese Democracy South American Tour 2010 you won't have any doubts to know the right answer.

one album

Rock radio in the U.S. plays songs from Black Gives Way to Blue (Alice in Chains), Death Magnetic (Metallica) and Black Ice (AC/DC) constantly - I think that's a more fitting comparison.

US radio didn't really play any songs from No Line On The Horizon, either. Does that mean the record tarnished U2's legacy? No. It just means it wasn't a radio-friendly album. It was more experimental and a divergence from the more classic U2 rock sound of the previous two records. The same thing with CD.

Ali

one album

US radio didn't really play any songs from No Line On The Horizon, either. Does that mean the record tarnished U2's legacy? No. It just means it wasn't a radio-friendly album. It was more experimental and a divergence from the more classic U2 rock sound of the previous two records. The same thing with CD.

Ali

^^ He's right.

how it tarnished GN'R legacy ? I thing Slash covering "Paradise City" with Fergie and Cypress Hill was tarnishing legacy or coming up with totally uninspired version of SCOM with Black Eyed Peas.

Indeed! Due to Axl, GNR is not remembered nowadays only for it 80s and 90s albums, like other Hard Rock bands, as Mötley Crüe and Poison, Slash wouldn't be able to do that, look what he's doing to the GNR old stuff, covering them with some shitty rappers.... He sold himself, a guy at my school asked me if it was true if Slash was now a Black Eyed Peas member, look the point with got with that...

Edited by ManetsBR

If you appreciate progression and different sounds/type of songs you'll surely like Slash's solo album much better than CD. But then again, most people will so that doesn't really make you special.

If you appreciate progression and different sounds/type of songs you'll surely like Slash's solo album much better than CD. But then again, most people will so that doesn't really make you special.

:rolleyes:

There isn't nearly as much "progression" on his album as some people believe. But, hey, there's another section where you can discuss that album without it being trolling.

Ali

There isn't nearly as much "progression" on his album as some people believe. But, hey, there's another section where you can discuss that album without it being trolling.

Ali

I'd appreciate it if you'd quit trolling on my posts. Thanks.

Ali

But she's right. No way the album will be more (I don't like this word) progressive than CD. Not that it reallllly matters but Slash's album for the most part will probably be the same the whole way through, bar the few soft songs.

GUNS N' ROSES IS:

Axl Rose

Dizzy Reed

Tommy Stinson

Chris Pitman

Richard Fortus

Frank Ferrer

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

DJ Ashba

hmmm looking for Slash there, nope not there... :shrugs:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That aint Guns N' Roses you silly goose!

Actually it is, the original lineup is dead, it's 2010 and things change-once you see them in concert I hope you'll agree, but for all legal practices and purposes Gunsguy is absolutely right! Sorry to burst your 1991 time warp. GUNS N' ROSES LIVE IN PERU TONIGHT!

HA! its like some of these losers stuck in 1991 keep shouting "no the sky isn't blue, its green!" over and over and over.

Should be a kickass Guns N' Roses show in Peru tonight rock4

Ali

But she's right. No way the album will be more (I don't like this word) progressive than CD. Not that it reallllly matters but Slash's album for the most part will probably be the same the whole way through, bar the few soft songs.

You think Slash's album will be the "same" the whole way through? Have you listend to the songs or the preview clips? How about we just substitute "styles" for "progression."

Let's for instance compare the range of songs like "Gotten" to "Nothing To Say." You honestly think CD is more diverse and wide-ranging than that? Slow acoustic driven song to what sounds like Heavy Metal at times. Maybe I didn't hear all the songs on CD, but I don't recall that range.

Edited by BMo13

Even the lead guitarist knows it's not Guns N' Roses ...

Some disgruntled Guns N' Roses fans make the comment that the group's current lineup isn't Guns N' Roses, but is actually Axl Rose's solo project. What is your response to that?

They're right in their own mind if it isn't Guns N' Roses as they define Guns N' Roses. If you don't like calling it Guns N' Roses, call it G N' R, and if that makes you feel better, then good. That's what I like to call it - G N' R. If you feel Guns N' Roses is so strongly defined by the members that were on its debut album, fine, call this G N' R and find something else to cry about - something worthwhile. There's bigger problems in the world than what a band is calling itself. Jesus, it's fucking rock 'n' roll. We're just going out there, playing, and having a good time. Call it G N' R and enjoy it, that's all. That's my suggestion if the name's really a problem for anyone - if you wanna listen to Guns N' Roses, put on the 'Appetite' album, be happy, and if you wanna listen to G N' R, put on 'Chinese Democracy' and come to a show.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/hit_the_lights/bumblefoot_chinese_democracy_is_gnrs_white_album_the_beatles.html

So, does that settle the argument? This isn't Guns N' Roses - it's GN'R

I like how you just bold words that fit your agenda, all the while ignoring his point. What was his point? His point is that this is a stupid argument and some people (like yourself) need to get over it and stop crying about it. If calling it GN'R is better for you, then call it that, just stop crying all ready.

CD is far more of a sonic and stylistic evolution. Which isn't to say that the solo record by Slash isn't varied in style or somewhat evolved in his sound. Just not as much as CD. CD is a more radical departure.

And, Graveyard is right. JB missed Ron's overall point: the argument over the band's name is idiotic. He was saying that it's an idiotic argument because it all hinges on what the individual's definition of GN'R is, and there is no one definition that can be considered more correct than another. It's all purely subjective.

Ali

Ali

You think Slash's album will be the "same" the whole way through? Have you listend to the songs or the preview clips? How about we just substitute "styles" for "progression."

Let's for instance compare the range of songs like "Gotten" to "Nothing To Say." You honestly think CD is more diverse and wide-ranging than that? Slow acoustic driven song to what sounds like Heavy Metal at times. Maybe I didn't hear all the songs on CD, but I don't recall that range.

Bold part: I hope you just didn't word that in a bad way. Are you saying you haven't listened to CD all the way through?

My response everything else: SorryShacklersTILTWAT.

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

one album

Ali

don't know where you live, but I occasionally hear tracks from No Line.. on the radio - but that's a shit comparison anyway.

U2 is still has the same Four guys in the band now, as when they started over 30 years ago. If they do anything to tarnish the band's legacy, at least they are doing it together.

Axl acts as if the band's legacy is only his.

Indeed! Due to Axl, GNR is not remembered nowadays only for it 80s and 90s albums, like other Hard Rock bands, as Mötley Crüe and Poison,

Due to Axl, in the US, that is excatly how they are remembered or thought of now.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Ali

Bold part: I hope you just didn't word that in a bad way. Are you saying you haven't listened to CD all the way through?

My response everything else: SorryShacklersTILTWAT.

It's called sarcasm pal. There isn't that much style differences between Sorry, Shacklers,TIL, TWAT -- It's all electric guitar rock. Sure some are more ballady, but just because it gets softer and harder doesn't make it a different style per se. Atleast not as much as going from acoustic ballad to speed metal rock song.