The Dead Weather reveal details of upcoming album

LightningBolt

http://pitchfork.com/news/38284-the-dead-weather-reveal-isea-of-cowardsi-details/

The sophomore album by the Jack White/Alison Mosshart-led Dead Weather, Sea of Cowards, is coming out May 10 (May 11 in the U.S.) courtesy of Third Man/Warner Bros. The record is preceded by new single "Die By the Drop", which drops at your favorite web store March 30 in America and April 26 in the UK. A 7" version of the single, backed by album closer "Old Mary", is out April 6, which is the same day the "Die By the Drop" video directed by Floria Sigismondi officially hits iTunes. (A leaked version of the video hit the internet a few days ago, but has since been taken down-- Jack is probably not happy.)

Jack also took to the Dead Weather's blog yesterday to post what seems to be a collection of other peoples' negative reactions to "Die By the Drop". Wow.

Sea of Cowards tracklist, featuring the awesomely titled new one "I'm Mad", is below:

Sea of Cowards:

01 Blue Blood Blues

02 Hustle and Cuss

03 The Difference Between Us

04 I'm Mad

05 Die By the Drop

06 I Can't Hear You

07 Gasoline

08 No Horse

09 Looking at the Invisible Man

10 Jawbreaker

11 Old Mary

Edited by LightningBolt

Looking forward to this, but I still really want a new WS record. That live album/dvd just made me want it even more.

I fear we may have heard the last of The White Stripes for awhile. Jack seems happy doing all his side gigs, and whatever happened to Meg and her anxiety issues?

I heard she did a bit of modelling last year, but other than that no idea. Jack has spoken a lot about some tune he just did with Jay-Z, I'm definitly keen for that.

• 1 month later...

Just got tickets to see them in a great kinda small venue, really looking forward to it. Never got the chance to see Jack in any of his projects or Alison in the Kills before so this was well worth the £22. New album really impressed me.