Guns N Roses Management????

jacdaniel

From a poster at HTGTH

This is from the new issue of Classic Rock, from an article with readers' questions for KISS:

Is Doc McGhee still you manager, as I heard he was managing Guns N' Roses?

Paul Stanley: That's been very funny. A few weeks ago I said to Doc: "It would've been nice if you'd told us." Doc replied: "I had nothing to to do with it." Axl has decided, from what I understand, that Doc is his manager. That's a one-way agreement. because Doc is not managing Guns N' Roses. One day he certainly might but he's not right now. And he definitely is still our manager.

From a poster at HTGTH

This is from the new issue of Classic Rock, from an article with readers' questions for KISS:

Is Doc McGhee still you manager, as I heard he was managing Guns N' Roses?

Paul Stanley: That's been very funny. A few weeks ago I said to Doc: "It would've been nice if you'd told us." Doc replied: "I had nothing to to do with it." Axl has decided, from what I understand, that Doc is his manager. That's a one-way agreement. because Doc is not managing Guns N' Roses. One day he certainly might but he's not right now. And he definitely is still our manager.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like we got a scoop!

Axl: Hey man, wants to be my manager?

Doc: Ok.

----

Meeting

----

Doc: Where's Azoff?

Axl: He's gone, I fired him for the fifth time.

Doc: Oh, I understand. So nice to be in Gn'R family. By the way, where's Slash and the others ??

Axl: You're fired.

Edited by marlon_brando15

Axl: Hey man, wants to be my manager?

Doc: Ok.

----

Meeting

----

Doc: Where's Azoff?

Axl: He's gone, I fired him for the fifth time.

Doc: Oh, I understand. So nice to be in Gn'R family. By the way, where's Slash and the others ??

Axl: You're fired.

:lol:

interesting...

"Singer Axl Rose recently revealed via Twitter (see below) that GUNS N' ROSES is now managed by Doc McGhee, who has handled the careers of BON JOVI, MÖTLEY CRÜE and KISS throughout the years. There is one problem, however — McGhee was apparently never told of the arrangement.

In the brand new issue of Classic Rock magazine, which goes on sale next Wednesday (March 31), KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley was asked if McGhee was still KISS' manager in light of the reports that Doc was now representing GUNS N' ROSES. "That's been very funny," Paul replied. "A few weeks ago I said to Doc: 'It would've been nice if you'd told us.' Doc replied: 'I had nothing to to do with it.'"

Stanley added, "Axl has decided, from what I understand, that Doc is his manager. That's a one-way agreement. because Doc is not managing GUNS N' ROSES. One day he certainly might but he's not right now. And he definitely is still our manager."

Neither GUNS N' ROSES nor Axl Rose is listed as a client on McGhee Entertainment's official web site."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=137466

*saw this already posted, my bad...

Edited by Stiff Competition

Its well documented that Axl and the guys from Kiss hate each other so my guess is that Doc is fully aware of the agreement to manage Guns but just played dumb so that the Kiss guy wouldnt throw a rockstar tantrum.

haha.."the kiss guy"..really?

and you're implying that paul will throw a rockstar tantrum in defense of axl rose, hilarious.

Its well documented that Axl and the guys from Kiss hate each other so my guess is that Doc is fully aware of the agreement to manage Guns but just played dumb so that the Kiss guy wouldnt throw a rockstar tantrum.

haha.."the kiss guy"..really?

and you're implying that paul will throw a rockstar tantrum in defense of axl rose, hilarious.

Yes "The Kiss guy" as in the guy who is a member of Kiss not sure whats so difficult about that one.

You have spectacularly failed to grasp what I said.

No I was implying that Paul would throw a tantrum if he found out that Doc was managing Guns.

Don't read too much into it. It's just media tryin' to start drama. If they didn't have a manager, they wouldn't be on tour.

Actually IIRC Axl has stated during the Canadian leg of the tour that they ARE touring without management.

Actually NO. We confirmed this in a previous thread. Axl said "This tour almost didn't happen. We didn't have the support of our management" If GNR didn't have mangement right now, the tour would have ended at the stage collapse. In all honesty, it's probably McGhee but it's a conflict of interest with Kiss. We'll all know soon. The Asia tour had no management though. So your half right.