Will Axl hold a year's tour ?

realpoti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veNDvn6omZE

Seeing this video made me think a little bit. He looks tired. He's pushing his voice too hard, don't you think ?? I realized that his voice seems low since the show in São Paulo that he had throat problems days before. It looked alright on Canada (at least what I saw through Youtube).

Edited by marlon_brando15

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah he's fine dude...look at this video from the same concert, Paradise City, the last song..he sounds solid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUZKttuJlUA

Obviously he's tired, but give the dude a break, he's 48 and doing massive shows every 2 days for the last what..like 3 months

Edited by GunsNRevolvers2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veNDvn6omZE

Seeing this video made me think a little bit. He looks tired. He's pushing his voice too hard, don't you think ?? I realized that his voice seems low since the show in São Paulo that he had throat problems days before. It looked alright on Canada (at least what I saw through Youtube).

FUCK YOU AXL ROSE! really fucked his voice. :rofl-lol:

He's pushing his voice too hard

that's really true. he has the throat problems, so he has to push it harder and it makes even bigger throat problem. If he continues this way, it could be very bad for his voice in few months. hope he wont hurt himself.

He doesn't seem tired for me, but how hard he pushs on his voice, it could really be problem.

that's really true. he has the throat problems, so he has to push it harder and it makes even bigger throat problem. If he continues this way, it could be very bad for his voice in few months. hope he wont hurt himself.

He doesn't seem tired for me, but how hard he pushs on his voice, it could really be problem.

Possibly, the thing I think may have messed him up at least a touch is the fact he didn't really rest up between legs, the big binges in NY means he probably rest his voice as much as he should have, so its probably not all that shocking that come the next tour his voice sounds tired...

Plus the way he sings, over time your voice is going to get tired, its hard work to keep that up, and I find takes a lot of liquid to keep it going, as odd as that sounds!

No it's not, good singers use their diaphragm to sing. That is why Axl can keep his voice with a bad throat. Which is also why people that say that Axl uses falsetto are wrong, you cant sing falsetto with a bad throat.

They take a few weeks off between legs of the tour for a reason. It allows them all to chill for a bit and come back fresh, part of this is giving Axl's voice a well deserved rest. Don't worry guys, Guns will be touring for while.

No one actually said Axl was having throat problems....he said he had a "sore throat", anyone one can get a sore throat, for many different reasons, allergies, cold, change of seasons...yeah he probably over did it that night, but just because he had a sore throat, doesn't mean he is having throat problems.

I just hope that however long the tour is, that they make to the US.

No it's not, good singers use their diaphragm to sing. That is why Axl can keep his voice with a bad throat. Which is also why people that say that Axl uses falsetto are wrong, you cant sing falsetto with a bad throat.

Only if you use the falsetto in its strictist sense...Axl is using Falsetto but somewhat differently to what most people assume flasetto is, I'd assume he is using a type of raspy re-enforced Falsetto, as long as you keep your throat hydrated then even with a bad throat you'll be able to get some pretty impressive notes out of it, but in the long run you likely will cause damage if you aren't careful with it.

That being said Axl has had quite a lot of practice with it, I don't think its just per chance that every world tour he has gone on since he started using it back in early 2000s he has become better with it, to the point now that its sometimes quite hard to tell he is even using falsetto, but he is, just in a different way to most would assume.

Only if you use the falsetto in its strictist sense...Axl is using Falsetto but somewhat differently to what most people assume flasetto is, I'd assume he is using a type of raspy re-enforced Falsetto, as long as you keep your throat hydrated then even with a bad throat you'll be able to get some pretty impressive notes out of it, but in the long run you likely will cause damage if you aren't careful with it.

That being said Axl has had quite a lot of practice with it, I don't think its just per chance that every world tour he has gone on since he started using it back in early 2000s he has become better with it, to the point now that its sometimes quite hard to tell he is even using falsetto, but he is, just in a different way to most would assume.

But even with rasp his falsetto is too full for it to be falsetto. Dont get me wrong, I do think on certain songs, but for the majority I think it's purely his diaphragm.

EDIT* I just went back and looked at the Tokyo 09 show and some of the 06 and 02 shows. Axl uses falsetto about 25% of the time in Tokyo, and only about 3 of the songs in RAR, but full time in the 02 shows.

Edited by Cdlove

They take a few weeks off between legs of the tour for a reason. It allows them all to chill for a bit and come back fresh, part of this is giving Axl's voice a well deserved rest. Don't worry guys, Guns will be touring for while.

Agreed...with adequate breaks and hoping for some suitable management I hope we see a long, long tour. I hope this tour goes near to two years..The endless delays to this album does not warrant a cherry picked tour. If Axl's voice is good, keep touring. Hopefully Europe this summer for 2-3 months another break for a late fall US/Mexico/Canada tour, break for the new year and head off to Asia, Oz,NZ and finish off in South and Central America again. Play selected dates and cities in Europe and then we have a tour that rams down Chinese to all the fans until they are sick of it. This version of the band IMO needs to be seen by everyone on the road, the energy and chemistry is incredible. Axls voice with care will be just fine. I hope they do this tour around the world twice over.

Yes this will be a long tour, with little breaks here and there. Like Asia to Canada to South America. I expect Europe/Australia then US/Canada then Asia again. If it all goes well Maybe Europe then South America again. Axl seems to begoing to places they've never been to b4. In most cases anyways. This is IMO!

Yes this will be a long tour, with little breaks here and there. Like Asia to Canada to South America. I expect Europe/Australia then US/Canada then Asia again. If it all goes well Maybe Europe then South America again. Axl seems to begoing to places they've never been to b4. In most cases anyways. This is IMO!

lets hope you are right

Is Axl losing steam? Shorter set lists, a lot less CD songs played. It seems like they are now just trying to get the concerts done, and get this part of the tour over quickly. Are they getting burnt out?

The whole thing started with so much energy, and now it seems like it's going away. What do you all think?

Is Axl losing steam? Shorter set lists, a lot less CD songs played. It seems like they are now just trying to get the concerts done, and get this part of the tour over quickly. Are they getting burnt out?

The whole thing started with so much energy, and now it seems like it's going away. What do you all think?

I think that this is not a judgement that can be made unless you saw shows in both Canada and South America. You can't make that kind of judgement from setlists alone. Honestly, I think it's absurd to try and do so. It's just Monday Morning Quaterbacking.

Ali