GNR at reading and Leeds Fest!

matthewlang

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which festival is closer to manchester? (just checked they are both far away :( ) Which will be the better festival/more forum members?

Leeds would be by far the best one to go to if you're starting from Manchester, just head across the M62.

I was at Leeds 2002 and it was an awesome atmosphere. Never been to Reading so can't really say which is better. I know Sunday is the BIG night, so maybe there's more chance of a longer setlist on Sunday at Leeds, but you never know with GN'R it's all about what happens on the night. But generally the last night is the most mental, so would be where I'd go if I had the choice.

LP

which festival is closer to manchester? (just checked they are both far away :( ) Which will be the better festival/more forum members?

Leeds would be by far the best one to go to if you're starting from Manchester, just head across the M62.

I was at Leeds 2002 and it was an awesome atmosphere. Never been to Reading so can't really say which is better. I know Sunday is the BIG night, so maybe there's more chance of a longer setlist on Sunday at Leeds, but you never know with GN'R it's all about what happens on the night. But generally the last night is the most mental, so would be where I'd go if I had the choice.

LP

Leeds it is. Tickets on sale yet? From aus so don't get all the uk updates.

They got a good reception in Leeds back in 2001 or whenever it was with Bucket lineup. This is going to be great show.

2002. and that was when these festival wereattended by music lovers. now it's all rich kid morons, and you will get the "where's slash" brigade as well.

i'm praying for their own shows because the way the festival crowd has been the past few years it's just not worth the money anymore, weekend ticket numbers increased day tickets declined less fans of the headliners and more idiots on meow.

They got a good reception in Leeds back in 2001 or whenever it was with Bucket lineup. This is going to be great show.

2002. and that was when these festival wereattended by music lovers. now it's all rich kid morons, and you will get the "where's slash" brigade as well.

i'm praying for their own shows because the way the festival crowd has been the past few years it's just not worth the money anymore, weekend ticket numbers increased day tickets declined less fans of the headliners and more idiots on meow.

Leeds in 2002 was where arguably the most famous "where's slash" occurance happened, so not sure the audience has changed that much.

Also back in 2002 there was all sorts of shit going on with people starting fires and kicking shit over. I went to the V festival in 1998, back when it used to be in Leeds, and the atmosphere was a lot different back then to 2002. I know it's a different festival, but the attitude and kind of people that attended festivals changed a LOT in them 4 years. Festivals got much bigger and were a lot more full of "chavs" than before. And I was only 18 and 22 at those festivals so not old enough to be cynical to make shit up.

Now I'm 30 I naturally think everyone under 24 is a cunt, so I can't really have a valid opinion about festivals and their audiences, but I could back then and noticed a shift in the audience.

Anyways, I don't really care about all that if the band is good then the right people will be at the front watching for the large part, so a good time can be had anywhere.

The weirdest thing about Leeds 2002 was the prodigy leaving the stage and then there was the BIGGEST shift in audience I've ever seen at a festival. I mean most of the time festivals have a coherent line up at least over the day or the headline acts, so only 1/4 to a 1/3 or at the most 1/2 the crowd leave when the band finishes, but the prodigy to GNR was such a big change it seem 90% of the crowd fucked off....

LP

Edited by Longpig

It usually takes 1-2 days for their servers to get back to normal so if you're seeing weekend tickets still avaliable it could well just be their website not being at 100% yet.

I just bought another ticket :)

R.

It usually takes 1-2 days for their servers to get back to normal so if you're seeing weekend tickets still avaliable it could well just be their website not being at 100% yet.

I just bought another ticket :)

R.

Damn websites, always proving me wrong!