GNR at reading and Leeds Fest!

matthewlang

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd managed to resist going when I knew gnr was playing. But then they had to go and announce cribs, biffy, libertines, queens, modest

great aint it, i cant waitmouse, gaslight anthem.. juicy weekend.

amazing aint it, i cant wait

Edited by carsonskitz

Its good they are doing the festivals but hope its not only the festivals they will be doing when they come to the UK

I don't really want to pay the price for a festival ticket because i'm not interested in the other bands i only want to see GnR, so hopefully they will announce some of their own tour dates :)

Edited by Drifter

Its good they are doing the festivals but hope its not only the festivals they will be doing when they come to the UK

I don't really want to pay the price for a festival ticket because i'm not interested in the other bands i only want to see GnR, so hopefully they will announce some of their own tour dates :)

I know what you mean, i didnt wanna spend £89 on a day ticket, but it's GN'R, and theres no guarantee other dates will be added yet, so im not taking the risk, especially as tickets are selling so fast, so ive got my leeds ticket, and am loosely considering going to reading too

I know what you mean, i didnt wanna spend £89 on a day ticket, but it's GN'R, and theres no guarantee other dates will be added yet, so im not taking the risk, especially as tickets are selling so fast, so ive got my leeds ticket, and am loosely considering going to reading too

Yeah i was thinking that as well and i really don't want to miss a GnR at these festivals if they are going to be the only shows there doing in the UK.

I'm not sure what to do lol

i say get the ticket, if they announce more dates, you can sell the festival tickets, but if you miss this chance and these are their only UK dates, you'll be screwed or have to pay astronomical amonts for new tickets

What's the general reaction to guns headlining at Leeds and reading on festival sites etc?

Seems really positive after browsing some forums. There's the odd person saying "No Slash blah blah" but they also seem to have a problem with the whole line up in general. Reading have done what they usually do and put a band which is the complete opposite on the NME stage at the same time so basically anyone who isn't a fan will go to that stage so it's unlikely we will get too many arses shouting abuse.

New to the boards, but been reading them and waiting to see GN'R since I was about 15 (now 22). Can't fucking wait.

Just bought a ticket for Reading and one for Leeds too, but gonna ditch the Reading one if we get some arena shows.

There's a lot of twats go to Leeds far as I can tell, most of the people I know who go, are spoon-fed indie bands all year round. Media junkies.

Either that or they go to Leeds for reasons other than music, if you catch my drift.

UK Arena shows ftw.

Edited by Azazel

What's the general reaction to guns headlining at Leeds and reading on festival sites etc?

Seems really positive after browsing some forums. There's the odd person saying "No Slash blah blah" but they also seem to have a problem with the whole line up in general. Reading have done what they usually do and put a band which is the complete opposite on the NME stage at the same time so basically anyone who isn't a fan will go to that stage so it's unlikely we will get too many arses shouting abuse.

i agree, it has been pretty positive.

alot of people are actually looking at youtube footage of the current tour & understanding that they are hitting the stage on time & seeing that the band is on fire.

there are still a few gn'r haters tho', one in particular made me laugh - he's a massive qotsa fan moaning about axl being the only original member - when infact josh homme is the only original member of qotsa.

the fucking cock.

New to the boards, but been reading them and waiting to see GN'R since I was about 15 (now 22). Can't fucking wait.

Just bought a ticket for Reading and one for Leeds too, but gonna ditch the Reading one if we get some arena shows.

There's a lot of twats go to Leeds far as I can tell, most of the people I know who go, are spoon-fed indie bands all year round. Media junkies.

Either that or they go to Leeds for reasons other than music, if you catch my drift.

UK Arena shows ftw.

they'll be fine at Leeds, Reading is a tougher crowd, always has been.

yeah its been excellent hasnt...some people have clocked onto the "if i throw a bottle, hes gonna go mad" thing though, i really hope it don't happen

what kind of numbers are we talking about for these?

As far as I know - It's 70k for Leeds, 80k for Reading - across multiple stages.

are they such news because of the size of the crowd or the history of these festivals?

Both really I suppose. They are huge music events in the UK.

R.

yeah its been excellent hasnt...some people have clocked onto the "if i throw a bottle, hes gonna go mad" thing though, i really hope it don't happen

I don't think that aspect will come into play. Mainly because of the amount of GN'R fans who seem to be attending. The NME stage will entice a few dickheads as well.

It makes sense to sell it as their "only UK appearances" for this reason alone.

It's a massive draw for fans of the band who haven't seen them since the last bout.

I don't think that aspect will come into play. Mainly because of the amount of GN'R fans who seem to be attending. The NME stage will entice a few dickheads as well.

It makes sense to sell it as their "only UK appearances" for this reason alone.

It's a massive draw for fans of the band who haven't seen them since the last bout.

yeh true, and to be honest reading aint the sort of festival where people would watch a band they hate and throw a bottle out of spite, theres plenty of other stages for them to watch bands theyl like..nme tosh. the first year i went, and razorlight headlined friday...i remember people walking round singing "razorlight are shit, razorlight are shit" and there set was fine. No trouble at all. I think all will be well. Fingers crossed

Yeah good point, if they don't like the band, they prolly wont go watch them.

Apparently there was a bottling a few years ago of My Chemical Romance, although I think they were explicitly targeted, as opposed to people turning up expecting something different.