What do you do with the inspiration you get from GN'R?

Stipemanblue

If Guns N' Roses has meant something to you, what areas of your life does the music inspire? An example would be, if you're going thru a rough work day, do you think of GN'R as an inspiration to be the best person you can be at your job?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Edited by Stipemanblue

If Guns N' Roses has meant something to you, what areas of your life does the music inspire? An example would be, if you're going thru a rough work day, do you think of GN'R as an inspiration to be the best person you can be at your job?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

I listen to GNR at 7 AM on the way to work everyday.

When i come home from work i listen to em again and sometimes b4 i go to sleep.

theres not one GNR song i can't relate to.

SCOM/TWAT- relationships

PC/ Used to Love Her- fun songs

Dont Damn Me/ IRS- anger songs etc

Does it inspire you at your job, relationships, etc?

- Hell yeah.

I just think it's great and productive to not only be a fan of a rock band but also to use that inspiration in your daily life. I know Axl and the guys would say if you asked them something to the effect of: "Hey, thanks for loving GN'R as a band but go do something with the inspiration. Be the best person you can be!"

I'm finally finishing up my debut album, after 3 years of writing it. I can't say that musically, Axl inspired me. The one thing I learned from him though was a passion for detail and an unbendable drive for genuineness. You have to really care for your art and put yourself into it as much as possible if you want the final product to live up to your own expectations. And really, that's what it's all about...making sure your music lives up to YOUR exceptions, not others. Until that day comes, your music isn't finished and you really shouldn't be satisfied..

Edited by Nintari

Guns have always been an inspiration for me to create music with as much conviction, skill, and passion they had and to do justice to rock n roll proudly though my axe with a broad scope of the impact they've had, through their hearts and genious in what pure collaborative artistry they possessed.

And not be afraid of being different among the crowd, when Axl last tweeted "I grew up w/the preppies n' jocks w/their pink Izod's where Bowie, Cooper, Zeppelin etc. were considered garbage n' when The Cars, The Police, The Clash, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols etc were "gay", whatever.".. I know exactly where he's coming from as a kid born in the wrong generation in today's commercial ridden society

The band that I know of GNR definiatly solidifies the fact honesty will always prevail, as it did in 87-92 amongst all other genres.. the band's rise like gives some comfort to the thought that authentic rock n roll, in the right place and at the right time, will indeed conquer.

Guns have always been an inspiration for me to create music with as much conviction, skill, and passion they had and to do justice to rock n roll proudly though my axe with a broad scope of the impact they've had, through their hearts and genious in what pure collaborative artistry they possessed.

And not be afraid of being different among the crowd, when Axl last tweeted "I grew up w/the preppies n' jocks w/their pink Izod's where Bowie, Cooper, Zeppelin etc. were considered garbage n' when The Cars, The Police, The Clash, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols etc were "gay", whatever.".. I know exactly where he's coming from as a kid born in the wrong generation in today's commercial ridden society

The band that I know of GNR definiatly solidifies the fact honesty will always prevail, as it did in 87-92 amongst all other genres.. the band's rise like gives some comfort to the thought that authentic rock n roll, in the right place and at the right time, will indeed conquer.

I masturbate.

dont laugh at me, this sounds really cheesy :lol: my home situation really hasn't ever been too stable to say the least..there was a lot of abuse. this was recent, during a fight and i was getting my ass kicked by one of the men here over nothing, and something just snapped. i actually stood up for myself, turned around and punched him back harder and knocked him on his ass and kept fighting after he hit the floor. that's really out of character for me - i'm usually pretty quiet and keep to myself. i dont know what it was...confidence maybe ? i know that's so cheesy, but im shaking just thinking about it.

edit; oversharing...?sorry, its 2am here & i haven't slept. whatever, that's the story.

Edited by LaBellaVita

dont laugh at me, this sounds really cheesy :lol: my home situation really hasn't ever been too stable to say the least..there was a lot of abuse. this was recent, during a fight and i was getting my ass kicked by one of the men here over nothing, and something just snapped. i actually stood up for myself, turned around and punched him back harder and knocked him on his ass and kept fighting after he hit the floor. that's really out of character for me - i'm usually pretty quiet and keep to myself. i dont know what it was...confidence maybe ? i know that's so cheesy, but im shaking just thinking about it.

edit; oversharing...?sorry, its 2am here & i haven't slept. whatever, that's the story.

Good for you!!

GnR is my unwind music. I listen to it loud on my walk home after a lousy day and it gives me a fuck it attitude that I need to shake off the crap. Nothing works better.

Drawing. I can't draw without music at all. Not being able to draw for me is like taking away a function I need to survive. That's not even an exaggeration. I could do without so many other things in life but not paper, pencils or music. People who make damn good music are very important to me. They're like guardian angels.