SLASH says CD was the perfect AXL record

supercool

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Slash also done an interview with a British paper and was saying he thought CD was awesome and he thinks Axl did a great job making the album regardless of the length of time it took to be released

He thinks the album sums Axl up and it was perfect for him.

Slash also implied that he would like to clear things up with Axl and chat, he says he has no annomisty against him, and would like to patch things up.

Drifter.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/music/with_slash_lDtKV134RfV1vU908WBSlI

Considering the train wreck Axl Rose has become, it’s hard to believe that Slash was in a band with him for even a minute. Slash’s mellow demeanor is nearly equal in degree to Axl’s level of personal turbulence. And yet Slash, who created some of the greatest guitar riffs and solos of the rock era (“November Rain,” “Sweet Child o’ Mine,” “Welcome to the Jungle,” etc.), struck lightning not once, but twice, in the wacked-out vocalist department by creating Velvet Revolver with singer Scott Weiland.

The poster child for Ray Bans and top hats spoke to The Post.

NY Post: Since your mother [OLA HUDSON] was a costume designer for musicians and your father [Anthony Hudson] created album art, Were you exposed to rock stars growing up?

Slash: Yeah. A lot of pop-star eccentricity — a lot of wants and needs and delusions of grandeur. Joni Mitchell was probably my favorite. She was just a very deep, soulful individual. Then, on the flip side, there was Cher, who was obnoxious. She had a lot of attitude. My mom had a store, and she would come into the shop and be demanding and rude.

NYP: When Axl finally released “Chinese Democracy” in 2008, What did you think?

Slash: It was the perfect Axl record — exactly what I would have expected from the final years of us working together, and seeing where he was headed musically. It’s very heavy; sort of a dark, depressing record. He’s f- - - ing phenomenal.

NYP: But the two of you haven’t spoken in years. would you be open to speaking again?

Slash: I’m more standoffish because I know how vehemently he hates me. So that sort of makes me doubt it. But if we ran into each other and all that animosity were to pass for a second, then I’m sure we could have an interesting conversation.

NYP: Axl Rose and Scott Weiland are great vocalists, but not so stable. Is that why you worked with so many guests on your new record?

Slash: Now you’re getting into the deeper psychological aspect of it, which I hadn’t really taken into consideration. Maybe a couple of hours on the couch might pull that one out! I think the whole thing was just inspired by great singers that I wanted to work with. I didn’t think about other aspects of it. But the one cool thing that did come out of this was that it gave me a whole new respect for singers, and changed my attitude toward them given the last couple of guys that I’ve worked with. These people were all amazingly gracious and professional. I’ve done so much session work where I write or play with somebody, and it’s an empty feeling when you’re done because they take off with the material — it’s like being a surrogate. So this time, I had all these people play on my record.

NYP: That song “Beautiful Dangerous” is pretty hard-rocking for Fergie!

Slash: It is. But here’s the thing about Fergie: I met her at club Avalon in LA four years ago. We did a little rock medley, and she sang “Black Dog,” “Live and Let Die” and “Barracuda” like nobody’s business. I just don’t hear great female rock singers like that anymore. It was f- - - in’ amazing. She’s actually more of a rock ’n’ roll singer than a pop singer; I think even Will [will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas] knows that.

NYP: On Tuesday, Slash releases his first-ever solo album — simply titled “Slash” — featuring a range of guest vocalists that includes Ozzy Osbourne, Fergie, Adam Levine, Chris Cornell, Iggy Pop and more.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/music/with_slash_lDtKV134RfV1vU908WBSlI#ixzz0kDQ0KyOF

First ever solo album? They should really do some more research on that one ha

Yeah Slash also done an interview with a British paper and was saying he thought CD was awesome and he thinks Axl did a great job making the album regardless of the length of time it took to be released

Slash also implied that he would like to clear things up with Axl and chat, he says he has no annomisty against him, and would like to patch things up.

Drifter.

..and until then, he's a Former Gunner.

pretty much like axl

rip gnr

Edited by supercool

Drifter.

..and until then, he's a Former Gunner.

pretty much like axl

rip gnr

yes, just because he's under legal matters and signed contracts doesn't mean he's anymore in Guns than Slash is

Former Gunner section please ;)

Please, and anyone denying the fact that Axl is not still the Frontman for Guns N' Roses needs

a reality check, In fact they are gigging in San Salvadore tonight!! :D

Edited by GNRED

Considering the train wreck Axl Rose has become, it’s hard to believe that Slash was in a band with him for even a minute. Slash’s mellow demeanor is nearly equal in degree to Axl’s level of personal turbulence. And yet Slash, who created some of the greatest guitar riffs and solos of the rock era (“November Rain,” “Sweet Child o’ Mine,” “Welcome to the Jungle,” etc.), struck lightning not once, but twice, in the wacked-out vocalist department by creating Velvet Revolver with singer Scott Weiland.

NY Post: Since your mother [OLA HUDSON] was a costume designer for musicians and your father [Anthony Hudson] created album art, Were you exposed to rock stars growing up?

Slash: Yeah. A lot of pop-star eccentricity — a lot of wants and needs and delusions of grandeur. Joni Mitchell was probably my favorite. She was just a very deep, soulful individual. Then, on the flip side, there was Cher, who was obnoxious. She had a lot of attitude. My mom had a store, and she would come into the shop and be demanding and rude.

Slash: It was the perfect Axl record — exactly what I would have expected from the final years of us working together, and seeing where he was headed musically. It’s very heavy; sort of a dark, depressing record. He’s f- - - ing phenomenal.

NYP: But the two of you haven’t spoken in years. would you be open to speaking again?

Slash: I’m more standoffish because I know how vehemently he hates me. So that sort of makes me doubt it. But if we ran into each other and all that animosity were to pass for a second, then I’m sure we could have an interesting conversation.

NYP: Axl Rose and Scott Weiland are great vocalists, but not so stable. Is that why you worked with so many guests on your new record?

Slash: Now you’re getting into the deeper psychological aspect of it, which I hadn’t really taken into consideration. Maybe a couple of hours on the couch might pull that one out! I think the whole thing was just inspired by great singers that I wanted to work with. I didn’t think about other aspects of it. But the one cool thing that did come out of this was that it gave me a whole new respect for singers, and changed my attitude toward them given the last couple of guys that I’ve worked with. These people were all amazingly gracious and professional. I’ve done so much session work where I write or play with somebody, and it’s an empty feeling when you’re done because they take off with the material — it’s like being a surrogate. So this time, I had all these people play on my record.

Slash: It is. But here’s the thing about Fergie: I met her at club Avalon in LA four years ago. We did a little rock medley, and she sang “Black Dog,” “Live and Let Die” and “Barracuda” like nobody’s business. I just don’t hear great female rock singers like that anymore. It was f- - - in’ amazing. She’s actually more of a rock ’n’ roll singer than a pop singer; I think even Will [will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas] knows that.

NYP: On Tuesday, Slash releases his first-ever solo album — simply titled “Slash” — featuring a range of guest vocalists that includes Ozzy Osbourne, Fergie, Adam Levine, Chris Cornell, Iggy Pop and more.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/music/with_slash_lDtKV134RfV1vU908WBSlI#ixzz0kDQ0KyOF

slash never considered snakepit to be a solo album, because there was equal input from all the members

:lol:

No offense but you are being naive if you actually believe Snakepit was a "real band" where every member had equal input

slash never considered snakepit to be a solo album, because there was equal input from all the members

No offense but you are being naive if you actually believe Snakepit was a "real band" where every member had equal input

not only that but last night:

slash & adler at the Roxy < tonight GNR live in CONCERT! :thumbsup:

(Sigh)

I said before i'll say it again.

Any articles and or questions about Slash and Axl are pointless.

Axl made it clear he will have nothing to do with Slash in the furture.

It does not matter if your an Axlite or a Slashite, any articles and or questions about Slash and Axl are pointless.

Are they sometimes intresting to read? Sure, especially for some people who have to much time on their hands.

BUT, should you really care and worked up with somebody else on this forum Axlite against Slashite, No.

In fact when u do that your just giving those people, especially the Slashites, considering they are always attacking Axl, the attention they want and need.

sorry i forgot you were there during the writing process and in the studio, how could i forget.

You might as well patent that while you're at it.....

Funny to see that this is the biggest tread on the first page of the news section; a tread about the fact that Slash simple answered a question related to Axl.

Great to see, were people are interested in.

Well Slash has a new album out and is actually doing alot of interviews. And in those interviews he always gets questioned regarding Axl. So, this is pretty much the only thing going on right now in the GNR world to talk about. There's only so many times the GNR setlists or Axl's looks can be discussed. Maybe if Axl did some PR people would spend more time talking about him and his band than Slash.

Righ now Slash is GNR's biggest promo machine. And he's been out of the band for fourteen years.

Kinda weird to have to actually EXPLAIN that huh? You'd figure people would be able to see the obvious.

Funny to see that this is the biggest tread on the first page of the news section; a tread about the fact that Slash simple answered a question related to Axl.

Great to see, were people are interested in.

Well Slash has a new album out and is actually doing alot of interviews. And in those interviews he always gets questioned regarding Axl. So, this is pretty much the only thing going on right now in the GNR world to talk about. There's only so many times the GNR setlists or Axl's looks can be discussed. Maybe if Axl did some PR people would spend more time talking about him and his band than Slash.

Righ now Slash is GNR's biggest promo machine. And he's been out of the band for fourteen years.

You get my point ;)

Cool to see that Slash listened to Chinese Democracy and liked it, as for all the other idiots that hated it because, 1) they hate Axl, 2) they though it was gonna be another 'Appetite", 3) their living in the past 4) they don't think it's GN'R anymore. I feel sorry for them. Thank you Slash for being GN'R's biggest promo machine. Now say that Guns N' Roses is awesome today and they'll get more tickets sold. Ha!

What would be funny is if Slash said "Sorry" was his favorite song and it's bashing him. (I don't care what Axl said, In my opinion Sorry is about Slash.)