SLASH says CD was the perfect AXL record

supercool

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will always respect each other as far as GNR history goes., but as people, they're both men in their mid 40s who let business get in the way of the music and wound up wanting to do different things. There's only so many years musicians can tolerate each other..it's rare they last past 10 years, let alone 5.

As long as they're all alive, a reunion is ALWAYS a possibility. It might not happen until they're 80, and it might just be them sitting in the same room, some cause they felt strongly enough about to get together for 20 minutes or one night, or an award ceremony where they all want to show up.

There's ex husbands and wives that hold grudges to their deathbeds.

Either way, Slash has a new CD, GNR has had CD out for a while, either support it or don't.

They will always respect each other as far as GNR history goes., but as people, they're both men in their mid 40s who let business get in the way of the music and wound up wanting to do different things. There's only so many years musicians can tolerate each other..it's rare they last past 10 years, let alone 5.

As long as they're all alive, a reunion is ALWAYS a possibility. It might not happen until they're 80, and it might just be them sitting in the same room, some cause they felt strongly enough about to get together for 20 minutes or one night, or an award ceremony where they all want to show up.

There's ex husbands and wives that hold grudges to their deathbeds.

Either way, Slash has a new CD, GNR has had CD out for a while, either support it or don't.

+1

best post in this thread. someone who actually has a point

You're all fucking stupid.

no

slash and axl are the two most important persons in gnr's history

only those who forget it are stupid

Point out to me where I implied otherwise?

The people I was refering to were those having the same argument again and again and again.

Guest RonMexico82

I love how Slash always uses the same strategy when talking about Axl.

He says something positive about Axl first, praising his ability as a frontman or his album, voice etc

THEN

he points out something negative - he hates me, he won't talk to me, we have no contact blah blah blah

Clever boy Slash. Always paint yourself as the victim and Axl as the monster.

At least Axl is honest about his feelings, even if he is blunt as fuck about it.

You're all fucking stupid.

no

slash and axl are the two most important persons in gnr's history

only those who forget it are stupid

Point out to me where I implied otherwise?

The people I was refering to were those having the same argument again and again and again.

you implied that everybody in this thread is stupid and i'm telling you that only those who are trying to manipulate gnr's history by spreading hate against slash are stupid

and now i add that they are also despicable

if you find this topic boring, go watch your trailer park boys videos, they are so gnrish

He says something positive about Axl first, praising his ability as a frontman or his album, voice etc

THEN

he points out something negative - he hates me, he won't talk to me, we have no contact blah blah blah

At least Axl is honest about his feelings, even if he is blunt as fuck about it.

It's also because interviewers ask the same questions over and over, and he gives them the same answer, over and over. Before it was about VR, then the book, now it's the solo project, but the questions ALWAYS come back to "GNR reunion" questions, unless it's a guitar mag. They usually don't need to go down the road Entertainment Weekly or Us Magazine do. Eddie Trunk prob. wouldn't, Howard Stern prob. would. Either lazy journalists, or journalists that are told by their bosses they have to ask it, just to see if anything's changed since the late 90s. Slash wrote his book knowing that it could mean never talking to Axl again. David Lee Roth wrote his book with the same intent, that he'd prob. never talk to Eddie Van Halen again, but he did.

you implied that everybody in this thread is stupid and i'm telling you that only those who are trying to manipulate gnr's history by spreading hate against slash are stupid

and now i add that they are also despicable

you are right, lets all do the mature thing and spread hate against axl rose.

:rolleyes:

If the Axl lovers are wanting to get there panties in a bunch then take a good look at what Slash is saying: It's an Axl record not a GnR record. He's right too.

2008 - guns n' roses - chinese democracy

boom.

BOMBED!!

THEN

so much irony

it isn't like anything slash says isn't true

If the Axl lovers are wanting to get there panties in a bunch then take a good look at what Slash is saying: It's an Axl record not a GnR record. He's right too.

2008 - guns n' roses - chinese democracy

boom.

1985 - Mick Jagger - She's the Boss (notice he didn't steal the band name to get more money for his solo album)

Kaboooooom You sunk my battleship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he said this was not a guns n roses record.

by definition, it is.

im just saying, to say "its not guns n' roses" is entirely false. you dont have to like it, but it is guns n roses, whether you like it or not.

it isn't like anything slash says isn't true

actually its certain he has lied about axl and guns n roses. if marc canter says it, its true.

not disputing anything he said in this article, i think it was pretty fair. kind of funny to see him acknowledge just how much axl hates him. its pretty obvious that whole cancer rant has changed slashs attitude towards the past. i think he recognizes it as a lost cause.

Hey! Look!

The lead singer and the guitarist, yet they still didn't call themsleves Led Zeppelin.

PagePlantUnled.jpg

Cool!

they don't call themselves led zep

megadeth calls them megadeth

wolfmother calls wolfmother

axl calls it gnr.

who gives a fuck. its been 20 fucking years!!

I know, I know, it was a band and everything is axl'x fault. it's not like he played with a bunch of junkies... anyway I like both band, I dont want call cheap shots at old gnr.

THEN

He is pointing out the truth not being negative..The interviewer asked him if he would ever talk to Axl again and he told the truth...Axl does hate him or are you rewriting history on that also.....Nothing negative about his response...You Axlites really are dellusional.......................

He wasn't whining he was telling it like it is................

No he isn't. When Slash says that, he is speaking for Axl and this interviewer is stupid.

After slash said that, the interviewer should have asked him, "do you hate him to?" or "Why does he hate you."

He let him off the hook!!.

Edited by SunnyDRE