SLASH says CD was the perfect AXL record

supercool

Slash: I’m more standoffish because I know how vehemently he hates me. So that sort of makes me doubt it. But if we ran into each other and all that animosity were to pass for a second, then I’m sure we could have an interesting conversation.

Does it seem like a bit of a back handed compliment? Yes, he thinks Axl is phenominal, but 'he hates me' making himself the victim again, like he never had any part in the problems.

Of course it was.

Any interviewer, worth a damn, next question would have been, "Why?"

The media has always been biased in favor of Slash. Do you think the media will have a story on how Slash plagiarized two riffs for the album Slash? No.

However Axl was ripped apart for the Rhiad And The Bedouins stuff, when it was just a stupid intro and not a fundamental part of the song like in Slash's case.

Slash is a Hollywood celebrity and has the media in his favor because he gives interviews, goes to the Oscars, Grammys, etc.. Since the media has nothing to lose by talking shit about Axl that's all they do.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest floyd the barber

Slash: I’m more standoffish because I know how vehemently he hates me. So that sort of makes me doubt it. But if we ran into each other and all that animosity were to pass for a second, then I’m sure we could have an interesting conversation.

Does it seem like a bit of a back handed compliment? Yes, he thinks Axl is phenominal, but 'he hates me' making himself the victim again, like he never had any part in the problems.

Of course it was.

The media has always been biased in favor of Slash. Do you think the media will have a story on how Slash plagiarized two riffs for the album Slash? No.

However Axl was ripped apart for the Rhiad And The Bedouins stuff, when it was just a stupid intro and not a fundamental part of the song like in Slash's case.

Slash is a Hollywood celebrity and has the media in his favor because he gives interviews, goes to the Oscars, Grammys, etc.. Since the media has nothing to lose by talking shit about Axl that's all they do.

Yeah, but Axl kind of put that on himself.

Slash the media whore knows he screwed up with all of the negative shit he through out in the press for years, destroying Axl's image while building his own.

That is the most misinformed idea I've read today.

Thankfully, there's things like YouTube to prove you wrong.

Slash is confusing his fans again. Now, Axl is a good boy? :unsure:

Some Slash fans should learn from Slash:

¨Axl is f- - - ing phenomenal¨

¨It’s his personality that makes him so f---ing great¨

¨I listened to Chinese Democracy: It's a really good record¨

Slash the media whore knows he screwed up with all of the negative shit he through out in the press for years, destroying Axl's image while building his own.

That video shows one of the things that made Guns N' Roses great.

Of course it was.

^ This!!!! :thumbsup:

Slash the media whore knows he screwed up with all of the negative shit he through out in the press for years, destroying Axl's image while building his own. Fortunately, Axl cares more about music and honestly than being a celebrity and didn't give in to this childish nonsense. Slash knows that GNR is all he will ever be remembered for, and much more than money now he wants back in to have his 'glory' back. Well, it's too late to kiss ass now jackass. Axl knows that he wants to work with innovative musicians, not by the books rock n roll players, who put no creativity or imagination in their work.

Nice Post!! Welcome Shadow!!! :thumbsup:

its clear axl has done enough to damage his own reputation without the assistance of slash. slash just put the icing on the cake, and at the sametime gained popular support.

for those alleging all of axls problems are due to slash, please.

He probably watched some videos of the 2010 tour and saw how great he is now.

If he thinks calling him great in an interveiw is gonna make Axl forget everything that happened in the past, he's got another thing comin'. Slash is the maniputive snake who always try's to make himself seem like the good guy, where Axl is straight forward about his hatred for Slash ("he's a cancer, the more avoided of him the better"). Slash will never say that kind of stuff. He'll say he's "fucking great", than go make a stab in the back with "Crucify the Dead", with the obvious line "a loaded gun jammed be a rose" and calling Axl dead and living in the past.

If Slash just came out and said "I hate the guy, "He doesn't deserve to use the name", "he's the cancer" that would be more believable than some stuff he say's sometimes.

I gonna buy the Slash album and see him live in May and I respect the man as a musican, but some of the things he says and does if very wierd.

Is that why you worked with so many guests on your new record?

Wow, I didn't know Slash had a new record out.

I'll certainly be buying ten copies as gifts for friends and family. I suggest everyone do the same. :thumbsup:

Wow, just did some googling and you can also buy a Classic Rock Slash Fanpack with a magazine devoted to Slash. I'll be buying that for sure!

Is that why you worked with so many guests on your new record?

Wow, I didn't know Slash had a new record out.

I'll certainly be buying ten copies as gifts for friends and family. I suggest everyone do the same. :thumbsup:

Wow, just did some googling and you can also buy a Classic Rock Slash Fanpack with a magazine devoted to Slash. I'll be buying that for sure!

Is there a place where I can buy your fucking avatar?

Nice of you to give Slash so much credit, but Axl didnt need alot of help destroying his own image.

Fortunately, Axl cares more about music and honestly than being a celebrity and didn't give in to this childish nonsense.

yeh man, Axl said fuck the bourgeois! Not like he hangs out with celebs drinking Cristal in his mansion or anything.

Slash knows that GNR is all he will ever be remembered for,

Thats a bad thing ? cuz Im thinkin thats all Axl will be remembered for too.......

Axl knows that he wants to work with innovative musicians, not by the books rock n roll players, who put no creativity or imagination in their work.

Innovative musicians, or paid session musicians? who took the better part of a decade to make an album just to have their parts rerecorded by other paid session musicians. It doesnt take alot of imagination to cover someone elses work.

Shut the fuck up, all of you :rofl-lol:

Leave them both alone, you ain't scoring points for hating one or the other

Axl and Slash love eachother deep down and let's leave it at that

Amen.

Amen +1000.

agreed, this all getting old

He probably watched some videos of the 2010 tour and saw how great he is now.

If he thinks calling him great in an interveiw is gonna make Axl forget everything that happened in the past, he's got another thing comin'. Slash is the maniputive snake who always try's to make himself seem like the good guy, where Axl is straight forward about his hatred for Slash ("he's a cancer, the more avoided of him the better"). Slash will never say that kind of stuff. He'll say he's "fucking great", than go make a stab in the back with "Crucify the Dead", with the obvious line "a loaded gun jammed be a rose" and calling Axl dead and living in the past.

If Slash just came out and said "I hate the guy, "He doesn't deserve to use the name", "he's the cancer" that would be more believable than some stuff he say's sometimes.

I gonna buy the Slash album and see him live in May and I respect the man as a musican, but some of the things he says and does if very wierd.

I won't be wasting my money on some cliche' lyrics and dead tired riffs- I won't be wasting my time seeing them either- I have Guns N' Roses concerts to gear up for!! :thumbsup:

Slash the media whore knows he screwed up with all of the negative shit he through out in the press for years, destroying Axl's image while building his own. Fortunately, Axl cares more about music and honestly than being a celebrity and didn't give in to this childish nonsense. Slash knows that GNR is all he will ever be remembered for, and much more than money now he wants back in to have his 'glory' back. Well, it's too late to kiss ass now jackass. Axl knows that he wants to work with innovative musicians, not by the books rock n roll players, who put no creativity or imagination in their work.

So Axl will be known for more then "Guns N Roses"?.....huh?

No, I'm saying that Slash realizes that he will always be known as and remembered as the guitarist for GNR. His VR work, and especially his solo work, will almost definately have no place in music history. He probably feels some sort of entitlement towards GNR, and definately wants the title 'GNR guitarist' by his name. Just my opinion.

Having said that, I'm not sure what else he can say when they keep bringing it up in interviews. Maybe he could leave it at 'we've gone our separate ways'.

Agreed 100 percent. Slash just has to be the center of attention on EVERYTHING, ahd he lies and rarely speaks the truth like Axl has said. He tends to tell people what they wanna hear, and because axl has a more notorious rep of levaing a bitter taste in fans mouths, they just automatically side with slash. Sad to see But thats Slash for ya...its harder for him to live with the truth about himself than for axl to live with all the lies slash has told about him. Nuff said.

/thread

Edited by AxlRose14

I have a feeling CD is the GNR record Axl wanted to make, with or without Slash. what slash says about working with others kind of confirms that he doesn't like to take orders. and that's cool, it's understandable really. their relationship isn't my business really. from slash's book i didnt get that they were ever great friends. but who knows.

That video shows one of the things that made Guns N' Roses great.

It also shows one of the incidents that people (not JohnBonham), to this day, cannot let go.

"Oh, Axl is a dickhead! He beats his fans up! I saw that video!"

'Lolk'

:shrugs:

Having said that, I'm not sure what else he can say when they keep bringing it up in interviews. Maybe he could leave it at 'we've gone our separate ways'.

Agreed 100 percent. Slash just has to be the center of attention on EVERYTHING, ahd he lies and rarely speaks the truth like Axl has said. He tends to tell people what they wanna hear, and because axl has a more notorious rep of levaing a bitter taste in fans mouths, they just automatically side with slash. Sad to see But thats Slash for ya...its harder for him to live with the truth about himself than for axl to live with all the lies slash has told about him. Nuff said.

And what are those lies?

Um, let's see, Axl forced the rest of the band to sign away the name or he wouldn't perform, Axl rejected Slash's GNR tape because he wanted to take complete control over the band, ect.

I think the comments Slash made are submimal attacks on Axl and his entourage. I feel he is degrading Axl, Beta, Bach, Jarmo, and Del James. This is unacceptable. Slash better not make anymore Axl comments while promoting his new album. Why doesn't he let the album sell itself like Axl did? You don't see Axl doing these interviews. He only interviews with close friends and that is how it should be. Slash had nothing to do with Guns N' Roses.

-The Newest Axlite

PS - I am really 18 years old, I live in my parents basement.

really?, i mean.. REALLY?

1: slash was asked about axl.. and rightly so, he has all right to answer if he feels like it..

2: axl went on a tirade about calling "cancer"

im sure slash is letting the album sell itself, but like anything you idiot.. you gotta promote the hell out of it..

geez, im sure when axl wasnt getting alot of album sales, OR chart topping hits, you were probaly one of the dudes complaining about why axl didn't do this, or why axl didn' do that..

and hah, seriously, slash had nothing to do with guns n roses??? are you kidding me?, god you really want to suck on axl's cock don't you?, what do you think your going to get out of this a free backstage pass or some shit?, fucking asslicker.. i bet you'd like to lick axls ass sweat wouldn't you?

turd.