SLASH says CD was the perfect AXL record

supercool

I think the comments Slash made are submimal attacks on Axl and his entourage. I feel he is degrading Axl, Beta, Bach, Jarmo, and Del James. This is unacceptable. Slash better not make anymore Axl comments while promoting his new album. Why doesn't he let the album sell itself like Axl did? You don't see Axl doing these interviews. He only interviews with close friends and that is how it should be. Slash had nothing to do with Guns N' Roses.

-The Newest Axlite

PS - I am really 18 years old, I live in my parents basement.

really?, i mean.. REALLY?

1: slash was asked about axl.. and rightly so, he has all right to answer if he feels like it..

2: axl went on a tirade about calling "cancer"

im sure slash is letting the album sell itself, but like anything you idiot.. you gotta promote the hell out of it..

geez, im sure when axl wasnt getting alot of album sales, OR chart topping hits, you were probaly one of the dudes complaining about why axl didn't do this, or why axl didn' do that..

and hah, seriously, slash had nothing to do with guns n roses??? are you kidding me?, god you really want to suck on axl's cock don't you?, what do you think your going to get out of this a free backstage pass or some shit?, fucking asslicker.. i bet you'd like to lick axls ass sweat wouldn't you?

turd.

He's being sarcastic. Of course, I'm sure you can't see that with your head so far up Slash's ass.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash: Im more standoffish because I know how vehemently he hates me. So that sort of makes me doubt it. But if we ran into each other and all that animosity were to pass for a second, then Im sure we could have an interesting conversation.

:(

glad he leaves us with a shimmer of hope though

Never say never... :)

It sounds like Slash stepped aside so Axl could make a proper GNR Axl record.

Edited by axlfan88

It sounds like Slash stepped aside so Axl could make a proper GNR record.

...What?

It just sounds like he wasn't up for following Axl into the jungle to make a proper GNR album. Axl's full on Apocalypse Now whereas Slash wants to make bad sequels for a healthy sum of money.

Edited by ITW 2012

...What?

It just sounds like he wasn't up for following Axl into the jungle to make a proper GNR album. Axl's full on Apocalypse Now whereas Slash wants to make bad sequels for a healthy sum of money.

I don't want to open a can of worms here, but how exactly is CD a 'proper' GnR album? Many people don't even think of it as a GnR album at all.

This forum can be really funny, really sad and pathetic funny. Grow up people, it's just a band.

This.

Be prepared for some prat replying "It's not a band, it's a dictatorship."

Somebody once said that "It's a way of life."

Edited by ITW 2012

This forum can be really funny, really sad and pathetic funny. Grow up people, it's just a band.

This.

Be prepared for some prat replying "It's not a band, it's a dictatorship."

Somebody once said that "It's a way of life."

Indeed. To quote TM.

"It's not a game anymore. It's a way of life!"

If we put aside all the egos aside and who played on what, CD is the GNR record the fans deserved.

It really is. Many old school Gn'R fans say Chinese Democracy isn't a Guns album but I think many don't understand that after Axl was part of the old line up and created with

Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven and Sorum AFD and UYI, he took with him that knowledge of how a Guns album should sound like. Axl explained it many times...

There are a lot of Gn'R 'feel' on that record. It must have been hard for Axl to capture the Gn'R feel with new musicians but he did a great job imo. Better than Sorum replacing Steven on drums felt to me.

Slash will always be an under used guitar player in any other band besides Guns N' Roses... it seems he only knows 1 or 2 song stractures and his music is way more mainstream and basic than Axl's music, But it's still fun and his ability to write and play riffs and solos is still there. his tone is one of a kind but to me he's lazy when it's time for him to make a record. (but not when it's time to make money) When Slash will get serious about making amazing music, he will make amazing music. he still got the talent but not the hunger.

Axl is touring with Guns and Slash has his album out (which is great) and Velvet Revolver in his future. I'll support them both.

LOL!! too funny. Show me where Slash has ever tried to destroy Axl's image? He may have said a thing or two negative about him but has always came back and said good things as well. His book shows nothing but utmost respect for Axl. Sure, he takes a few shots but facts are facts... He was ruthlessly in control of the GnR brand-name and constantly late for every show. And Innovative musicans? Yeah, I guess none of work on Appetite and UYI was any good, huh? If DJ Ashba was so "Innovative", why does he play the EXACT same riffs and solos as Slash played?

The only reason he got hired is so that the teenage fangirls of fake-GNR can feel a little moist in their trousers when the go to their concerts. He is a good guitarplayer, but he's not Innovative what so ever. So don't hold your breaths for a riff or solo that will go down in history the way Slashs riffs and solos did.

He is a good guitarplayer, but he's not Innovative what so ever.

You'd be surprised how many people think the same of Slash.

I mean...google "Slash overrated"...

http://www.google.fr/#hl=fr&source=hp&q=slash+overrated&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=fc57ec7c6089d8df

Both Dj and Slash don't need to be "innovative" players. They just have to come with good solos that fit the song.

You don't have to be innovative to come with creative lead guitar parts...

As regards the "wet throusers" thingie...Yeah, it seems that girls like Dj. So what ? Would you say he's a worse player than Robin ? Because that's who he's supposed to replace after all...

If we put aside all the egos aside and who played on what, CD is the GNR record the fans deserved.

Haha :rolleyes:

How exactly do you know "what GNR fans deserve?" Let alone what they actually like. One of the dumbest comments I've seen and that's saying something.

He is a good guitarplayer, but he's not Innovative what so ever.

You'd be surprised how many people think the same of Slash.

I mean...google "Slash overrated"...

http://www.google.fr/#hl=fr&source=hp&q=slash+overrated&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=fc57ec7c6089d8df

Both Dj and Slash don't need to be "innovative" players. They just have to come with good solos that fit the song.

You don't have to be innovative to come with creative lead guitar parts...

As regards the "wet throusers" thingie...Yeah, it seems that girls like Dj. So what ? Would you say he's a worse player than Robin ? Because that's who he's supposed to replace after all...

+1

and

If DJ Ashba was so "Innovative", why does he play the EXACT same riffs and solos as Slash played?

cause the song/s where made by GnR and Slash was the main guitar and he has to play the songs because HE is in GnR :rolleyes:

what do u want? :rolleyes:

if the song is already excellent/perfect the way it is... why change it? :rolleyes:

unless ofcourse u are a guitar player and can tell us what kind of arrangements u can make to some of the songs to sound "better"...

o and btw if u ever see GnR live u will know all the things they added to the songs to sound more "complete"

Edited by Argentina Roses

...What?

haha nice.

there has always been progression on gnr albums, appetite > illusions, i think the same progression was made illusions > CD. thats part of the reason i think CD is justified as a guns n roses record. If snakepit had been the next gnr album it would have felt like a step backward. Axl took a step forward.

But thats easy to say as a fan of CD, for those who dont like the new direction its another story entirely. each to their own on that one...

Edited by Jackie Moon