SLASH says CD was the perfect AXL record

supercool

It seems like sometimes, some really good things can come out of this forum.

But when threads like this appear, I feel like it really needs to be destroyed.

Diverse opinions are healthy. Discussion is good. Ignorance is not.

How much longer do all of you want to keep living in the dark for? "He said this, he said that..."

Can't anyone think for themselves anymore, instead of basing your opinions on what you hear and read second-hand?

If you all used a bit of logic, a bit of common sense, you wouldn't be able to figure out why there even is a "Slash" side and an "Axl" side

at all. This argument isn't relevant anymore. It was barely relevant when it first happened. They're musicians, they're men who wanted to be in a band. To make music. And it worked for a while. But creativity doesn't work the same way for everyone, and they couldn't co-exist while still being able to make the music they each wanted to make. So they went their seperate ways. Now, creatively, they're more free than they were before. It's sad for fans who loved what they did in the past, but what they created will never be erased or replaced, no matter what. And neither of them are trying to do that.

The current incarnation of GnR is not a replacement or a continuation of what it was before. It's an evolution.

When something evolves, it's not out of choice, out of greed, for personal gain or for money. It's out of necessity.

The only reason as far as I can see it that Axl kept the GnR name is because all the others jumped ship and he was the only one left.

Some might argue that he "pushed" them out because he was too hard to handle, etc etc...but to me, that's bullshit.

They all had major vices and he is a human being too. There were many times in that band that things got seriously tough for him, from all directions of his life, not just the band. And he could have quit - probably wanted to quit many times. But he never did. He never walked away or turned his back on that band. He never gave up on it and that, to my understanding, is why he still holds the name.

And rightly so.

GnR is Axl's dream, and so he kept the name because he wasn't, and isn't, ready to quit it yet.

It was their dream too, but they walked away from it because things got too tough.

Whether you're a fan of the person, or a fan of the music, or both, what is the meaning of that if you don't have any understanding of the person you admire, or the person behind the music you love? It's hard to understand a person you have never met, but if you can understand their work, you can at least see a little bit of them. At least try? Do you really wanna stay stupid like this forever?

I'm pretty sure this will get flamed for the dumbest reasons and I'll get the "don't be so serious" bit but I really don't give a shit.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how many idiots post on this forum.

How much longer do all of you want to keep living in the dark for? "He said this, he said that..."

Can't anyone think for themselves anymore, instead of basing your opinions on what you hear and read second-hand?

If you all used a bit of logic, a bit of common sense, you wouldn't be able to figure out why there even is a "Slash" side and an "Axl" side

at all. This argument isn't relevant anymore. It was barely relevant when it first happened. They're musicians, they're men who wanted to be in a band. To make music. And it worked for a while. But creativity doesn't work the same way for everyone, and they couldn't co-exist while still being able to make the music they each wanted to make. So they went their seperate ways. Now, creatively, they're more free than they were before. It's sad for fans who loved what they did in the past, but what they created will never be erased or replaced, no matter what. And neither of them are trying to do that.

The current incarnation of GnR is not a replacement or a continuation of what it was before. It's an evolution.

When something evolves, it's not out of choice, out of greed, for personal gain or for money. It's out of necessity.

The only reason as far as I can see it that Axl kept the GnR name is because all the others jumped ship and he was the only one left.

Some might argue that he "pushed" them out because he was too hard to handle, etc etc...but to me, that's bullshit.

They all had major vices and he is a human being too. There were many times in that band that things got seriously tough for him, from all directions of his life, not just the band. And he could have quit - probably wanted to quit many times. But he never did. He never walked away or turned his back on that band. He never gave up on it and that, to my understanding, is why he still holds the name.

And rightly so.

GnR is Axl's dream, and so he kept the name because he wasn't, and isn't, ready to quit it yet.

It was their dream too, but they walked away from it because things got too tough.

Whether you're a fan of the person, or a fan of the music, or both, what is the meaning of that if you don't have any understanding of the person you admire, or the person behind the music you love? It's hard to understand a person you have never met, but if you can understand their work, you can at least see a little bit of them. At least try? Do you really wanna stay stupid like this forever?

I'm pretty sure this will get flamed for the dumbest reasons and I'll get the "don't be so serious" bit but I really don't give a shit.

Oh holier than thou, teach us.

If these "discussions" were intelligent it wouldn't be such a bad thing, but the crap that goes on is senseless. You can't really disagree with that.

it always goes the same way. someone says something unecessary and just to be a dick, and then everybody joins in the spite fest. it all started here on page 2:

CD is the product of a neurotic, psychotic, bi-polar 10 year old who can't seem to let go of the past, so he writes songs like Sorry and Shackler's Revenge.

what does that have to do with anything?

things went downhill from there.

I swear some people have their heads up their asses on this forum.

I said it in a different thread, but saying it's the "perfect Axl record" sounds quite loaded to me.

Edited by BMo13

And rightly so.

I admire you for this post Pink, it is honest and straightforward-- :wub:

tell those that flame you to fuck off!!

He is a good guitarplayer, but he's not Innovative what so ever.

You'd be surprised how many people think the same of Slash.

I mean...google "Slash overrated"...

http://www.google.fr/#hl=fr&source=hp&q=slash+overrated&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=fc57ec7c6089d8df

Both Dj and Slash don't need to be "innovative" players. They just have to come with good solos that fit the song.

You don't have to be innovative to come with creative lead guitar parts...

As regards the "wet throusers" thingie...Yeah, it seems that girls like Dj. So what ? Would you say he's a worse player than Robin ? Because that's who he's supposed to replace after all...

So what's your point? Slash is NOT overrated, he is a idol for many young guitar players, many more than DJ Makeupboy. And his new album proves that he's still on top of his game rock1

I don't consider DJ a worse player than Robin, because he ruined so many solos when he was in the "band".

If you google "Axl+ asshole", you get over 4 million hits. Does that make it true?

If these "discussions" were intelligent it wouldn't be such a bad thing, but the crap that goes on is senseless. You can't really disagree with that.

it always goes the same way. someone says something unecessary and just to be a dick, and then everybody joins in the spite fest. it all started here on page 2:

It doesn't even start because someone says something unecessary.

It starts in any thread that contain the words Slash and Axl.,

and it's getting fucking tiring and sucking the life outta the fun in this place, LIKE A CANCER.

Like, have you seen how many people in that other thread actually still don't understand what Axl meant when he said that 'cancer' shit, and what Slash meant when he responded?

Too many people jump to comment on shit they don't understand without giving themselves the time they apparently need to think about it.

The most annoying thing about threads like this are the people who act like they know both Slash and Axl personaly and then base their opinons on things like this around that. No one on here knows either of them, regardless of what we read in the media. The only posts with any sort of credibility are ones by Marc Canter or ones quoting Marc Canter.

Wondering how many times that Axl have already listened to the new album of Slash...

If he likes it then I'm sure he will listen to it a few times but he didn't seem too enthusiastic about Slash's work over the past decade and I doubt this album will change his mind that much. That's not me saying it's a bad album, but it's hardly a huge departure from his pervious work.

Wondering how many times that Axl have already listened to the new album of Slash...

If he likes it then I'm sure he will listen to it a few times but he didn't seem too enthusiastic about Slash's work over the past decade and I doubt this album will change his mind that much. That's not me saying it's a bad album, but it's hardly a huge departure from his pervious work.

Understatement!!

Understatement!!

Which part?

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/music/with_slash_lDtKV134RfV1vU908WBSlI

Considering the train wreck Axl Rose has become, it’s hard to believe that Slash was in a band with him for even a minute. Slash’s mellow demeanor is nearly equal in degree to Axl’s level of personal turbulence. And yet Slash, who created some of the greatest guitar riffs and solos of the rock era (“November Rain,” “Sweet Child o’ Mine,” “Welcome to the Jungle,” etc.), struck lightning not once, but twice, in the wacked-out vocalist department by creating Velvet Revolver with singer Scott Weiland.

Without that train wreck, you would not be able to meet and do an interview with this mellow demeanor. You owe this to that train wreck.

Considering the train wreck Axl Rose has become, it’s hard to believe that Slash was in a band with him for even a minute. Slash’s mellow demeanor is nearly equal in degree to Axl’s level of personal turbulence. And yet Slash, who created some of the greatest guitar riffs and solos of the rock era (“November Rain,” “Sweet Child o’ Mine,” “Welcome to the Jungle,” etc.), struck lightning not once, but twice, in the wacked-out vocalist department by creating Velvet Revolver with singer Scott Weiland.

Without that train wreck, you would not be able to meet and do an interview with this mellow demeanor. You owe this to that train wreck.

Objectivity is expensive. To kiss ass is safer...

Sure :rolleyes:

Considering the train wreck Axl Rose has become, its hard to believe that Slash was in a band with him for even a minute. Slashs mellow demeanor is nearly equal in degree to Axls level of personal turbulence. And yet Slash, who created some of the greatest guitar riffs and solos of the rock era (November Rain, Sweet Child o Mine, Welcome to the Jungle, etc.), struck lightning not once, but twice, in the wacked-out vocalist department by creating Velvet Revolver with singer Scott Weiland.

Sure :rolleyes:

What? use your words... the roll eyes smiley is so fuckin' great and expressive, but please...make me understand your wisdom.

Edited by Rovim