Who really played the last solo in Street Of Dreams?

TheFormerSoul

haha people just cant accept bucket played something that doesnt sound like a robot....

sorry solo?

Exactly! he plays with amazing feel... the outro in Street Of Dreams is obviously played by Bucket, to anyone who follows his work.

Edited by Rovim

ok so the conclusion im coming to after reading this is .... no one really knows? The first half of the main guitar solo I always thought 100% was fink just cuz well it sounds just like him, the second half of the guitar solo starting at 2:39 about when it speeds up i was always curious about cuz the booklet mentions bucket, does anyone know about the second half? And when people are talking about the outro are they referring to about 3:52 in the song? if so then who does play the lead guitar on the end of the song aka the best part :) ?

Edited by amacfantasy

The second half of the first solo is something that's always been of curiosity for me too.

There are parts of it that do sound a lot like Robin, but other bits (like the bends) that sound unmistakeably like Bucket (2.50 - 2.55) that I just don't think Robin could replicate. The outro is Bucket as well. I think Robin only plays the first half of the first solo and Bucket finishes it off.

The chunky guitar kind of playing a rhythm-solo for pretty much the entire song (buried deep under the right channel) sounds like BBF.

Just basing this off what I hear, I could be completely wrong though.

I always thought it was Finck since he has always been one plays it as you can see in this video from Leeds in 2002

Bucket clearly isn't playing the second part. Maybe Bucket took a stab at the solo and Finck took something from what he heard.

Again: Robin plays the complete main solo in the middle of the song and Bucket plays the outro solo. That is on the album. I know the main solo starts with not many notes and then takes off into a wah part which is faster but again, all of the main solo is Robin.

Again: Robin plays the complete main solo in the middle of the song and Bucket plays the outro solo. That is on the album. I know the main solo starts with not many notes and then takes off into a wah part which is faster but again, all of the main solo is Robin.

I guess my question is... how do you know? It almost sounds like another guitar cuts in altogether and that wah sounds very Bucket-esque.

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything - it would make more sense if it was Robin, but at the same time, there are other solos on the album that are half one guitarist and half another (Riad, for example).

THe main solo is all robin, you are correct, I dont even know why people are debating that

I guess my question is... how do you know? It almost sounds like another guitar cuts in altogether and that wah sounds very Bucket-esque.

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything - it would make more sense if it was Robin, but at the same time, there are other solos on the album that are half one guitarist and half another (Riad, for example).

I can't offer any solid proof it is Robin, but I listened to every song Robin played on and most of the material Bucket played on and I recognize Finck's guitar tone, his crazy slides, very easy to hear his bends and I know the 'way' he use he's wah, unlike the way Bucket plays the wah which is very different to my ears. I can tell Robin's and Bucket's sounds. Also the choices of notes and how it's put together

helps a lot to identify who plays what in this song. I guess the only way to be sure is to ask one of the members but I'm confident in what I've said.

Its all Robin, Robin also always played the whole solo live, if it was BH cutting in then he would have cut in when they played the song live, like they did with chinese democracy.

This album is very cut and paste, what are you are hearing is probably two Robin solos cut and pasted together. Its def all Robin.

It's Richard Fortus, just like he has done live since 2002. DEFINITELY Richard, without question.

Incorrect.

It's Buckethead 100%.

I'll never understand the Fortus cheerleaders, it's not like he's done anything significant.

ok so the conclusion im coming to after reading this is .... no one really knows? The first half of the main guitar solo I always thought 100% was fink just cuz well it sounds just like him, the second half of the guitar solo starting at 2:39 about when it speeds up i was always curious about cuz the booklet mentions bucket, does anyone know about the second half? And when people are talking about the outro are they referring to about 3:52 in the song? if so then who does play the lead guitar on the end of the song aka the best part :) ?

To my ears, Finck plays the first half of the first solo, Bucket plays the second half, and Bucket has the outro.

edit: what highvoltage said.

Edited by ashysdad

It's Richard Fortus, just like he has done live since 2002. DEFINITELY Richard, without question.

Incorrect.

It's Buckethead 100%.

I'll never understand the Fortus cheerleaders, it's not like he's done anything significant.

To my ears, Finck plays the first half of the first solo, Bucket plays the second half, and Bucket has the outro.

edit: what highvoltage said.

Go listen to the blues solo then Robins 2002 solos of the blues.

Its exactly the same, its not BH. BH would play that much cleaner than Robin would.

The solo is all Robin

Robin does play that fast part, he did live and he does on the album, it sounds exactly the same

Edited by gnr-dave