Setlists......Again

redrum

well, for some people who didn't even watched them for once in their lives

I think they don't really care for Chinese Democracy, just want to listen the old stuff...

I wouldn't care, I am going to see them with my friends who used to listen GnR at their

prime and I am the only one that is listening them now, so they just want to hear

WTTJ, SCOM, YCBM and etc, they don't even know one song from the new album

Do those same people know Slash won't be playing those classics and that its a bunch of musican's they probably never heard of before?

yes, they know it and they were sad but life goes on...

and just before releasing the CD they were asking is Axl still alive :)

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For comparison, here are a couple setlists from other artists recently. I marked the new songs with asterisks.

1.Creeping Death

2.For Whom The Bell Tolls

3.Ride The Lightning

4.The Memory Remains

5.Fade To Black

6.That Was Just Your Life*

7.The End Of The Line*

8.The Day That Never Comes*

9.Sad But True

10.Cyanide*

11.One

12.Master Of Puppets

13.Battery

14.Nothing Else Matters

15.Enter Sandman

Encore:

16.Die, Die My Darling (Misfits cover)

17.Phantom Lord

18.Seek & Destroy

--------------------------------

1.Breathe*

2.Get On Your Boots*

3.Magnificent*

4.Mysterious Ways

5.Beautiful Day"God Only Knows" snippet

6.I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"Stand By Me" snippet

7.Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of

8.No Line on the Horizon*

9.Elevation

10.In A Little While

11.Unknown Caller*

12.Until The End Of The World

13.The Unforgettable Fire

14.City Of Blinding Lights

15.Vertigo"It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (but I like it)" snippet

16.I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight"Two Tribes" snippet*

17.Sunday Bloody Sunday

18.MLK

19.Walk On"You will never walk alone" snippet

Encore:

20.One"Amazing Grace"

21.Where The Streets Have No Name

Encore 2:

22.Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

23.With Or Without You

24.Moment of Surrender*

---------------------------------------

1.Given To Fly

2.Got Some*

3.Animal

4.Once

5.Unthought Known

6.Tremor Christ

7.Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town

8.World Wide Suicide

9.In My Tree

10.Marker In The Sand

11.Even Flow

12.Force of Nature*

13.I Got Id

14.Life Wasted

15.Garden

16.Do The Evolution

17.Go

Encore:

18.The End*

19.Happy Birthdayto Matt Cameron

20.Red Mosquito

21.Indifference

22.State Of Love And Trust

23.The Fixer*

Encore 2:

24.Jeremy

25.Better Man

26.The Real Me (The Who cover)

27.Better Be Home Soon (Crowded House cover

28.I Got You (Split Enz cover)

29.Alive

30.Rockin' in the Free World

31.Yellow Ledbetter

Doesn't seem too bad for CD does it? I count 4, 7 and 4 again for songs from the latest albums of these bands. They were random, by the way... just the first three touring bands I thought of.

Edited by Used To Love Me

For comparison, here are a couple setlists from other artists recently. I marked the new songs with asterisks.

1.Creeping Death

2.For Whom The Bell Tolls

3.Ride The Lightning

4.The Memory Remains

5.Fade To Black

6.That Was Just Your Life*

7.The End Of The Line*

8.The Day That Never Comes*

9.Sad But True

10.Cyanide*

11.One

12.Master Of Puppets

13.Battery

14.Nothing Else Matters

15.Enter Sandman

Encore:

16.Die, Die My Darling (Misfits cover)

17.Phantom Lord

18.Seek & Destroy

--------------------------------

1.Breathe*

2.Get On Your Boots*

3.Magnificent*

4.Mysterious Ways

5.Beautiful Day"God Only Knows" snippet

6.I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"Stand By Me" snippet

7.Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of

8.No Line on the Horizon*

9.Elevation

10.In A Little While

11.Unknown Caller*

12.Until The End Of The World

13.The Unforgettable Fire

14.City Of Blinding Lights

15.Vertigo"It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (but I like it)" snippet

16.I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight"Two Tribes" snippet*

17.Sunday Bloody Sunday

18.MLK

19.Walk On"You will never walk alone" snippet

Encore:

20.One"Amazing Grace"

21.Where The Streets Have No Name

Encore 2:

22.Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

23.With Or Without You

24.Moment of Surrender*

---------------------------------------

1.Given To Fly

2.Got Some*

3.Animal

4.Once

5.Unthought Known

6.Tremor Christ

7.Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town

8.World Wide Suicide

9.In My Tree

10.Marker In The Sand

11.Even Flow

12.Force of Nature*

13.I Got Id

14.Life Wasted

15.Garden

16.Do The Evolution

17.Go

Encore:

18.The End*

19.Happy Birthdayto Matt Cameron

20.Red Mosquito

21.Indifference

22.State Of Love And Trust

23.The Fixer*

Encore 2:

24.Jeremy

25.Better Man

26.The Real Me (The Who cover)

27.Better Be Home Soon (Crowded House cover

28.I Got You (Split Enz cover)

29.Alive

30.Rockin' in the Free World

31.Yellow Ledbetter

Doesn't seem too bad for CD does it? I count 4, 7 and 4 again for songs from the latest albums of these bands. They were random, by the way... just the first three touring bands I thought of.

Metallica and Pearl Jam both still have pretty much the core of their orginial line up, unlike guns n roses.

The members in those bands played on most of the tracks they are playing. With guns none of the members but Axl and Dizzy played on the stuff before CD.

See the difference? Guns n roses is just a cover band now since they dont even want to play the songs they (the new guys) actually played on.

And Pearl Jam is a terrible example to use since their set lists vastly differ every show. If axl was doing that and still only playing 4 or 5 Cd songs it may be a different story, but they are playing the same set list they have been for TEN YEARS save 2 or 3 songs most nights (not counting cover songs or jams)

Edited by gnr-dave

What, aside from adding 2-3 more CD songs per night and lengthening the show, would you suggest Dave? When I go to a show I'd prefer to hear more CD but they are playing roughly half the album every night and there are a lot of staples from the catalogue that people expect to hear at a GNR show that they will never remove from the setlist so other than making the shows slightly longer what is your solution?

There is no point to have songs like LALD, out to get me, a drum solo, more cover songs on the show. There are also way too many solos, there is no point in having THREE solo spots in the show.

They could easily fit in 8-10 new songs every night, they were doing it at the start of this tour, so its easily possible. And were any classics missed during those shows? Of course not.

As long as people here wttj, mr brownstone, scom, pc, patience and nov rain, the fans are happy.

The three hour shows?

You expect that every stop?

Look, this is just pointless. You're obviously one of these types who takes every opportunity to bash things. Your use of the term 'cover' just demonstrates that. Because, you know, the fact that Axl wants to play the hit songs he wrote means he's part of a cover band and even if the new guys play the songs very well and have good chemistry, they're still ZOMG NOT SLASH!!!!1!!one!!

There are people in the world who don't spend all day online listening to the subtle differences between Buckehead and DJ Ashba's fret picking styles. Or looking at compilations of Axl pictures before and after 1996 to find photographic proof that he's sadder without Slash in the band.

Those people are probably liking the setlists and the shows just fine.

You have the songs you like. Every one of them has been played live. YouTube them and stop being an argumentative ass.

Yes he's one of these types. First he complained because CD was never gonna be released, once CD was released he complained because "the demos were better than the final version"... then he complained about the lack of tour and now about the setlist

He'll find another thing to bitch about later, the best thing I can do is ignore him. Oh and if you don't agree with what he thinks you're an "axl ass kisser"... Dave is so predictable that it's really getting boring :sleeper:

What, aside from adding 2-3 more CD songs per night and lengthening the show, would you suggest Dave? When I go to a show I'd prefer to hear more CD but they are playing roughly half the album every night and there are a lot of staples from the catalogue that people expect to hear at a GNR show that they will never remove from the setlist so other than making the shows slightly longer what is your solution?

There is no point to have songs like LALD, out to get me, a drum solo, more cover songs on the show. There are also way too many solos, there is no point in having THREE solo spots in the show.

They could easily fit in 8-10 new songs every night, they were doing it at the start of this tour, so its easily possible. And were any classics missed during those shows? Of course not.

As long as people here wttj, mr brownstone, scom, pc, patience and nov rain, the fans are happy.

The three hour shows?

Look, this is just pointless. You're obviously one of these types who takes every opportunity to bash things. Your use of the term 'cover' just demonstrates that. Because, you know, the fact that Axl wants to play the hit songs he wrote means he's part of a cover band and even if the new guys play the songs very well and have good chemistry, they're still ZOMG NOT SLASH!!!!1!!one!!

There are people in the world who don't spend all day online listening to the subtle differences between Buckehead and DJ Ashba's fret picking styles. Or looking at compilations of Axl pictures before and after 1996 to find photographic proof that he's sadder without Slash in the band.

You have the songs you like. Every one of them has been played live. YouTube them and stop being an argumentative ass.

Yes he's one of these types. First he complained because CD was never gonna be released, once CD was released he complained because "the demos were better than the final version"... then he complained about the lack of tour and now about the setlist

He'll find another thing to bitch about later, the best thing I can do is ignore him. Oh and if you don't agree with what he thinks you're an "axl ass kisser"... Dave is so predictable that it's really getting boring :sleeper:

The only thing that is predictable is the bullshit that you spew on these boards. Axl could take a dump and call it a song and you would think it was amazing.

You are a newbie and have not been here since the beginning, so you did not see all the changes in this band, you are another johnny come lately.

Edited by gnr-dave

I was just joking Dave! I don't need a wall of text to see where you're coming from!

Cool cool.

I can make it short and sweet too.

If you are going to shows in 2002, 2006, 2007, and 2010 and the set lists are all pretty much the same, I am pretty sure said person should have a right to complain about the set list, dont you think?

Also, you dont think the band would get tired of playing the same set list over and over again?

And to me it seems the band always seems to have the most energy and seem to be more into the shows where they are playing a lot of CD songs.

I have to agree there about the basic setlist formula being the same, but the band does play enough CD this time around imo.

CD

Shackler's

Better

SOD

ITW

Sorry

Madagascar

TIL

Those are all played in the majority of shows. That's more than half the album. Lately they haven't been playing Shackler's and TIL as much, but if you watch the videos of Shackler's and KOHD from the SA tour, it's clear that Axl is having trouble hitting the chorus (SR) and final DOOOOR (KOHD) notes like he did on the Asia/Canada tours. He might still have the sore throat that he was talking about earlier in the tour. I fully expect Shack and TIL to be fixtures again shortly.

The basic formula is not the problem, its the number of new songs they are playing that is the problem. If they were playing 8 cd songs a show that would be fine and you would get no complaints from me, even if they were the same 8 songs every show , but some of the shows the number of new songs was dropping to 3 or 4 , which is how many they were playing before the album came out.

8-10 CD songs a show is perfect, but when they start to play 3 or 4 that is when fans have a right to complain.

Dude..get over it, it´s getting old .GNR play what they want to play not what YOU want them to play. It´s not your band for fucks sake :rolleyes:

If you do not want to discuss the set list, then please don't post in the set list thread, you are not adding anything to the topic.

Thanks

What I don´t want to read is your usual crap.You do nothing except complaining over and over and over again and the problem is that you do it everywhere and it is everywhere where I bump into it. You are a pain in the ass and your posts are so fucking tiring :rolleyes::sleeper:

Since you are adding nothing to the thread I am just going to ignore you. Good day.

You don´t add anything new either or did you think for a moment that your annoying complaints were "adding something new"? :tongue2:

He's going to ignore you? if you need a shoulder to cry on call me! haha :P

The three hour shows?

You guys are so clueless on how big a GNR fan Dave is. Anyone who has been around here or HTGTH for more than a few years knows, but many of the newbies live in the land of clueless. He swings from Axl's nuts with the best of them, but unlike many who hang on Axl's nuts he didn't turn into an unabashed fanboy incapable of calling out the band when need be.

Teh majority of people attending want to hear the least music off of Chinese Democracy as possible... Why is that soo hard to understand?? The world outside of these forums did not like Chinese Democracy.. It's over.. Next...

And the majority of the people outside the forums want slash, izzy and duff in the band and not a bunch of cover band players, so what are you going to do?

That is why Axl should never had called this band guns n roses at least when BH, Robin and Brain were in the band you had the key members who made chinese democracy but now you don't even have that. You have a cover band, who is covering Gnr 2.0s songs and covering the AFD era bands stuff.

The three hour shows?

You guys are so clueless on how big a GNR fan Dave is. Anyone who has been around here or HTGTH for more than a few years knows, but many of the newbies live in the land of clueless. He swings from Axl's nuts with the best of them, but unlike many who hang on Axl's nuts he didn't turn into an unabashed fanboy incapable of calling out the band when need be.

Thanks at least there are a few people that were here since the beginning.

I love how me saying I think the demos were better than the album versions mean I think CD sucks.

I think the dont cry demo version is vastly better than the UYI version but does that mean I hate the UYI version?

The newbies on here really need to get a clue. The funny thing those same newbies if they were here in 2002 would have been bashing the circus look Gnr had with BH and Gothic Robin while I was defending them. I still think that band was the most talented version of gnr, but since I think they are better than the current band that makes me a hater.

Makes no sense, I guess the people that think izzy was better than gilby must be a hater of the UYI era of gnr too right? lol

Edited by gnr-dave

You are a newbie and have not been here since the beginning, so you did not see all the changes in this band, you are another johnny come lately.

What's wrong with being a newbie? Can't we have opinions because we have less than 1000 posts? BTW I'm a newbie here (mygnr) but that does not mean I'm new to GNR.. so yeah I've seen all the changes in the band.

And I also saw you complaining in other forums, boring...

That is why Axl should never had called this band guns n roses at least when BH, Robin and Brain were in the band you had the key members who made chinese democracy but now you don't even have that. You have a cover band, who is covering Gnr 2.0s songs and covering the AFD era bands stuff.

You never had a problem with Axl calling the band Guns N' Roses when Bucket and Robin or Paul were in the band.. That was just as bad..

You never had a problem with Axl calling the band Guns N' Roses when Bucket and Robin or Paul were in the band.. That was just as bad..

That is because with that version of guns n roses they were at least writing songs to make a new album.

DJ, Ron, and Frank have wrote NOTHING that was on CD or the follow ups (before the tour) , they are just playing other guitar players parts.

The only reason Axl put Frank and Ron on CD (small additions might I had save two of rons solos) was because he did not want to have them feel like a cover band. The songs were fine way before they added their touches.

There was no reason to have Frank redo brains great drumming on the title track other than to just get him on the album for the hell of it.

With the old band sure you had BH, Robin and Paul doing Slash and Izzys parts but at least they were playing some of their own songs too..

This current version of the band is covering Slash and Izzys stuff plus Robin, BHs and Pauls.

That is why this band isnt guns n roses anymore.

That is why this band isnt guns n roses anymore.

This poster disagrees with you.

gunshel.jpg

What's wrong with being a newbie? Can't we have opinions because we have less than 1000 posts? BTW I'm a newbie here (mygnr) but that does not mean I'm new to GNR.. so yeah I've seen all the changes in the band.

No that is not what I said. I said you are a newbie and cannot call me a hater since you were not here since the beginning when I was the biggest defender of this band.

people used to say I was way too PRO AXL, and I always said I call it like I see it, and if I see something I dont like, then I will say it. And I am doing that now.

You have every right to your opinion about the band, what I am talking about is you cannot comment if I am a hater or a fan since you are a newbie and have not been here long enough to be able to make a judgement on that.

Well, gnr-dave you don't have a problem with Slash covering GNR songs... so shut the fuck up or go cupcake in the Former Gunners section.

"OMG SLASH IS PLAYING OLD GUNS AND ROSES MATERIAL SLASH BAND IS COVER BAND".

Slash only plays 2 or 3 gnr songs at his shows, songs he, duff and matt played for years. VR had more members of gnr than Axl does, and Dizzy isnt even a real member he was just the keyboard player. Does Dizzy does note even count.

Its only a couple of songs so who cares but , you know damn well if slash played all gnr songs for his shows Axl would throw a hissy fit as would fans like you.

Imagine if VR played a set list of lets say 20 songs and 15 of them were gnr songs. You really would not have a problem with that? You dont think Axl would too?

No that is not what I said. I said you are a newbie and cannot call me a hater since you were not here since the beginning when I was the biggest defender of this band.

people used to say I was way too PRO AXL, and I always said I call it like I see it, and if I see something I dont like, then I will say it. And I am doing that now.

You have every right to your opinion about the band, what I am talking about is you cannot comment if I am a hater or a fan since you are a newbie and have not been here long enough to be able to make a judgement on that.

Well, gnr-dave you don't have a problem with Slash covering GNR songs... so shut the fuck up or go cupcake in the Former Gunners section.

Slash only plays 2 or 3 gnr songs at his shows, songs he, duff and matt played for years. VR had more members of gnr than Axl does, and Dizzy isnt even a real member he was just the keyboard player. Does Dizzy does note even count.

Its only a couple of songs so who cares but , you know damn well if slash played all gnr songs for his shows Axl would throw a hissy fit as would fans like you.

Imagine if VR played a set list of lets say 20 songs and 15 of them were gnr songs. You really would not have a problem with that? You dont think Axl would too?

Velvet Revolver isn't Guns N' Roses. Guns N' Roses has a right to play Guns N' Roses songs. If you have a problem with it, take it up with the other band members. After all, they're the ones who signed the band rights away.

Velvet Revolver isn't Guns N' Roses. Guns N' Roses has a right to play Guns N' Roses songs. If you have a problem with it, take it up with the other band members. After all, they're the ones who signed the band rights away.

There are more members of guns n roses in VR than are in Axls band.

Axls current group is guns n roses in name only and everyone knows that.

Ask any fan off the boards, the dont even consider this band guns n roses.

A lot call it fake gnr or scab gnr.

Like I said before to get this back to topic of set lists.

Axl said back in 1990/91 he wanted to bury AFD.

Now he has a new album to showcase his talents without slash izzy and duff yet he keeps falling back on the AFD songs instead of showcasing the songs he wrote without them.

What does that tell you? He is not very confident about the material?

Now he has a new album to showcase his talents without slash izzy and duff yet he keeps falling back on the AFD songs instead of showcasing the songs he wrote without them.

That's besides the point. Regardless of what people call it, it's called Guns N' Roses, and it IS Guns N' Roses.

When people go to a Guns N' Roses show they don't want to hear 14 songs from the new album. They want to hear everything. 6 songs from the new album is enough, although I wish TIL and Shacklers would return to every day staples.

On the UYI tour, they had 30 new songs to choose from. Personally I think the UYI tour setlists were terrible.

Why do people really care about the set-list when their sitting in front their computer while the people actually at the concerts are enjoying it.

Yeah, I agree it is weird that thier getting relativily shorter than before, but I'm not complaing about the set-list. The only thing to complain about would be if they only played 10 song's and Axl left early.

Some people just can never be pleased. You people should be happy their actually touring and not sitting around like you people are wineing about a set-list of shows your NOT at.

At least the people at concert enjoy it. That's whats its all about, the people who pay $80 to see the band, not fat idiots who complain about a set-list while sitting in front of their computer. Oh and Axl doesn't play any songs for anybody. Many people on this forum want him to play Estranged, did he play it, no. He play's for the enjoyment of the crowd, not you idiots. And besides, you can't expect him to play 3 hour set-list every night at his age and how he runs around and sings every night. Sure, the first few concerts had Catcher, Prostitute, TWAT. But doesn't mean their never gonna do ihem again. The set-list means nothing to me unless they start playing the same songs every day like some bands do on some of their tours.

That's besides the point. Regardless of what people call it, it's called Guns N' Roses, and it IS Guns N' Roses.

When people go to a Guns N' Roses show they don't want to hear 14 songs from the new album. They want to hear everything. 6 songs from the new album is enough, although I wish TIL and Shacklers would return to every day staples.

On the UYI tour, they had 30 new songs to choose from. Personally I think the UYI tour setlists were terrible.

The band should want to play half the set list new songs, but again its a cover band so I guess it really does not matter whose songs they cover right??

I guess it would really only bug tommy and maybe fortus.

The band should want to play half the set list new songs, but again its a cover band so I guess it really does not matter whose songs they cover right??

I guess it would really only bug tommy and maybe fortus.

No, it's not a cover band. It's Guns N' Roses. As much as you don't like it, as many members have changed, it's still legally Guns N' Roses. Guns N' Roses has a back catalog full of hits and classics that everyone who goes to shows wants to hear. They play enough CD to keep the Chinese Democracy in the name of the tour.