OFFICIAL San Jose Concert Thread April 9th, Costa Rica

realpoti

On Friday 9th April 2010, @bumblefoot said:

I was just informed that the local crew who assembled the stage did it incorrectly, and the city inspectors deemed it *unsafe*. They won't allow the show to happen. It would be impossible to disassemble the stage and rebuild it correctly in time for the show to happen tonight. We tried to move the show to tomorrow, city denied it, the show in Costa Rica is officially not happening. These are the facts I was given. SO fucking bummed. :(

Too bad for Costa Rica fans... :(

Edited by Caroline

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now let the San Jose press rip the band! After such a successful tour up until now, I hate to see a show canceled with no rescheduled date.

I don't think thats gonna happen. The press is already picking on the real responsibles for the cancellation and pointing out contradictions and false statements coming from the promoters. Even the goverment has stepped in and is making sure 28 Producciones refunds all those customers that ask for their money back. Refunds

The band in the public eye is not being blamed for nothing. They were even eager to cooperate by playing on a different date. The promoters screw up.

Now, I could see the international press twisting the story and putting some blame on Axl as they usually do.

Bumblefoot:

I emailed management to see if there was any possibility of doing an outdoor acoustic show tonight, but don't think it'll be possible, a lot of logistics that come into play - security issues, any conflicts with existing performance contracts, finding a location, getting local gear last moment, government approval...
Between Ecuador & Panama we had a 5-day break and were able to get a cargo plane to Rio and back for the make-up show - we have no breaks from here til the end of the tour and don't know if it'll be possible to reschedule the show after the tour ends - the gear is supposed to go straight to Europe from Puerto Rico. I ...wish there was something I could do, feel fkn helpless.
I think tonight we're all at a loss :( I'm as sad as everyone, I came here to play a show for you tonight. (I'm at the hotel, never even got to go to the venue...)

FROM Facebook/Twitter.

Edited by MoonWalker

Bumblefoot:

I emailed management to see if there was any possibility of doing an outdoor acoustic show tonight, but don't think it'll be possible, a lot of logistics that come into play - security issues, any conflicts with existing performance contracts, finding a location, getting local gear last moment, government approval...
Between Ecuador & Panama we had a 5-day break and were able to get a cargo plane to Rio and back for the make-up show - we have no breaks from here til the end of the tour and don't know if it'll be possible to reschedule the show after the tour ends - the gear is supposed to go straight to Europe from Puerto Rico. I ...wish there was something I could do, feel fkn helpless.
I think tonight we're all at a loss :( I'm as sad as everyone, I came here to play a show for you tonight. (I'm at the hotel, never even got to go to the venue...)

FROM Facebook/Twitter.

Gutted for the fans but got to say how F@#kin cool Ron is with the fans, makes things transparent and as an artist is the ultimate professional. Accountable for not something his fault. Respect for looking into trying to give some sort of show. I love his playing but more so how he interacts with the fans at different levels.

devastating news, sounds like not much can be done, just hope gnr can make i back there sometime soon, i know how i would feel if this would happen to me , would be gutted, it was great bumblefoot trying to organise a acoustic show, to bad it cant happen.

Del James

the 4/9 show in Costa Rica has been cancelled due to an unsafe stage. The stage, which was built by a local crew here in Costa Rica, began to bend & bow as we placed gear on it and was deemed too dangerous.

40 minutes ago on facebook

Edited by FaridBak

In São Paulo a crews guy kept 40 mintues trying to turn on the fucking LCD monitor in the mid-extension. They need a better crew!

But I think it was just an excuse for the late, because he was just pulling and pushing the same wire, and pusing the same button all the time lol

I could see it perfectly, I was very close, and the crowd started a "DUMB!" chant. We told the fireman to help him lol, as if he could do something. He didn't had a brazilian face, he had a very "north-american" face, that's why I think part of the crew is regular, a GNR-crew, and part is local.

Edited by ManetsBR