OFFICIAL San Jose Concert Thread April 9th, Costa Rica

realpoti

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully nobody got hurt

And that youtube from Costa Rica TV really sucks, they said GNR's south american tour was a failure and that people were throwing things because they wanted the band to leave... WTF??? They are uninformed and spreading BS that's SO unprofessional :thumbsdown:

Why are they using a local crew for the stage, don't GNR have their own people

As part of a labour agreement. Locals have to be involved. Yes, GNR and others have roadies but locals are always brought in due to restrictions in certain countries etc. Sucks that Costa Rica ain't gettin' Guns tonight! It appears the stage foundation wasn't stabilized so as you add more and more weight, the middle sags. GNR apparently weren't even on site when this happened. From what I read on Bumblefoot's twitter... They weren't permitted to go to the venue. This is no fault of GNR at all!!!

The funny thing... 2 concert cancellations and Axl didn't have a fuckin' thing to do with it...!

Edited by MicEffecT

Thats a shame.

I just met the whole band minus Axl, and Ron gave us a 1 hour concert in his hotel room, he is the most amazing person alive, he also game a free ticket and backstage pass to the El Salvador concert.

Its very sad what happened here in Costa Rica.

Between Ecuador & Panama we had a 5-day break and were able to get a cargo plane to Rio and back for the make-up show - we have no breaks from here til the end of the tour and don't know if it'll be possible to reschedule the show after the tour ends - the gear is supposed to go straight to Europe from Puerto Rico. I ...wish there was something I could do, feel fkn helpless.

Isn't there a time gap of 2 months between those 2 shows?

Between Ecuador & Panama we had a 5-day break and were able to get a cargo plane to Rio and back for the make-up show - we have no breaks from here til the end of the tour and don't know if it'll be possible to reschedule the show after the tour ends - the gear is supposed to go straight to Europe from Puerto Rico. I ...wish there was something I could do, feel fkn helpless.

Isn't there a time gap of 2 months between those 2 shows?

Europe? Oh please please please!

Thats a shame.

I just met the whole band minus Axl, and Ron gave us a 1 hour concert in his hotel room, he is the most amazing person alive, he also game a free ticket and backstage pass to the El Salvador concert.

Its very sad what happened here in Costa Rica.

:heart:

Ron's just great.

+1