Slash mentions Axl in April '10 Q Magazine

WhazUp

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Man.. if the world needs anything right now it more demonstrations of people being bigger than their petty emotions...truth is together these two rocked the world against huge fucking odds.

See, I disagree really strongly. First, it's probably offensive to Axl (or anyone for this matter) to call his emotions "petty" seeing as how we aren't in his shoes and probably don't know the full extent of his feelings. Speaking personally (and I'm sure others can relate, too), if someone were to say something like, "Oh c'mon, suck it up and get out there" knowing full-well that I fucking HATE, HATE, HATE the person/situation I'm supposed to "get out there with" just because it pleases others, I'd be livid. Fuck that. Look, being someone of a Christian faith, I'm all for reconciliation- but sometimes reconciliation just ain't healthy. The next best thing? Just move on. Axl clearly has.

Don't think it's quite fair to ask people that really don't wanna be around each other to "put aside" differences for the amusement of others, just like some ppl are better off divorced.I think Axl made his viewpoint more than clear in the interviews-"unfortunate as it may be one of us will die before a reunion" and "Slash is a cancer better removed,the less heard from him and his followers the better" are 2 examples that come to mind. that leaves little to the imagination.

Yes exactly. Glad to see I've been seconded.

Slash's solo album would be a lot cooler if it had Michael Jackson and Axl Rose on it.

As long as Slash wrote the music and not some guys who were hired to sit in a studio for a few years to come up with material. That leads to hook free outdated music.

Slash's solo album would be a lot cooler if it had Michael Jackson and Axl Rose on it.

As long as Slash wrote the music and not some guys who were hired to sit in a studio for a few years to come up with material. That leads to hook free outdated music.

I'd prefer if Izzy wrote the music. Slash's songwriting hasn't been very good since the GNR days.

I'd prefer if Izzy wrote the music. Slash's songwriting hasn't been very good since the GNR days.

I'd disagree, but either one would be better than what I described.

if only people stop putting Slash threads in this section

That would be Ideal, to put his threads in "former members" where they belong, I don't cupcake down there because I don't wanna read about slash-this is the GNR discussion thread.

Slash's song writing has NEVER been all that good. Izzy was the sound of Guns N Roses. Slash was legendary for his solos, not his song writing ability.

Edited by Nintari

Slash's song writing has NEVER been all that good. Izzy was the sound of Guns N Roses. Slash was legendary for his solos, not his song writing ability.

Oh really. You were there when the songs were written? That's pretty cool.

No, but writing credits are pretty easy to find.........

Oh yeah. You're right, a song followed by a few names is very detailed and tells the full story. Thanks for the widsom.

Oh yeah. You're right, a song followed by a few names is very detailed and tells the full story. Thanks for the widsom.

It's probably closer to the truth then going off of someone's baseless opinions.

WTTJ, Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me, Mr. Brownstone, Paradise City, SCOM, You're Crazy, Rocket Queen, Garden of Eden, Coma, Locomotive, Civil War, Dont Damn Me, Dust N Bones, Not to mention songs like NR and Estranged which were made epic with the help of Slash's amazing guitar parts. Rhythm and solo parts. Just because his name isnt on the song doesnt mean he wasnt a huge contributing factor to the song.

All those are songs slash is given credit for. Without Slash, GNR would have gotten no where. Simple as that. Same goes for the other members.

I never said he didn't contribute, but Izzy was the main song writer. Go listen to Snakepit, and then go listen to Izzy's shit. It's obvious who did what.

WTTJ, Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me, Mr. Brownstone, Paradise City, SCOM, You're Crazy, Rocket Queen, Garden of Eden, Coma, Locomotive, Civil War, Dont Damn Me, Dust N Bones, Not to mention songs like NR and Estranged which were made epic with the help of Slash's amazing guitar parts. Rhythm and solo parts. Just because his name isnt on the song doesnt mean he wasnt a huge contributing factor to the song.

All those are songs slash is given credit for. Without Slash, GNR would have gotten no where. Simple as that. Same goes for the other members.

Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven would've been famous without Axl, no matter who the singer was.

Axl would've been nowhere without even just one of them.

Izzy once said that he came with the songs, presented them to Slash and Axl and then they will turn them into a monster of a song

Izzy also says that his writting style hasn't changed since he started, it's just that now he doesn't have Slash and Axl to turn the songs into a monster

i'd have to go with pugachev, without the contribution of everybody, including Slash, those songs that Izzy wrote would've been nowhere... but c'mon guys, everybody knows that

Izzy once said that he came with the songs, presented them to Slash and Axl and then they will turn them into a monster of a song

Izzy also says that his writting style hasn't changed since he started, it's just that now he doesn't have Slash and Axl to turn the songs into a monster

true, Izzy always came up with cool chord progressions and passages, but it was the heavy riffing that Slash added, that helped the dual guitar interplay give GNR its sound.

Not one original member was responsible for the success that GnR had, that came from the combination of the 5 of them. Saying Slash is the reason why GnR hit big is as stupid as saying Axl was the reason that GnR made it big or Izzy, or Duff etc. Slash's lead playing was spectacular for sure, his solos are very memorable and melodic. Axl's vocals were/are mindblowing. Izzy's song writing and rhythm work was a standout. Duff's bass work was bumping(think Rocket Queen, You could be mine, So easy etc) and melodic, he didn't just hit root-notes of what the guitarist was playing like say Metallica's bassists(post Cliff) did. While Steven's drumming was loose and totally rocking. Anyone that say it was solely because of Slash OR Axl is delusional. Everyone knows a killer solo cannot save a bad song, just like a killer vocalist can't save a bad song, get over your bias.

On topic i think Slash gave a cool answer but when he blames alot of the tension on the media, he forgets that he constantly sued Axl year after year wasting time and money. He isn't so open about that part now is he?