Slash mentions Axl in April '10 Q Magazine

WhazUp

From April 2010, Q Magazine

Q: When is the last time you saw Axl Rose

Oh shit man, 1996......i guess, but i still think about him. I was just thinking today that the biggest problem Axl and I have on a human level is that the press have instigated more shit between us than anything we ever did to each other. I went to his house a few years back but we didn't see each other -i just saw the lady of the house. He's one of two people i thought of when making my solo record: One was Michael Jackson, the other was Axl, but i never called either. With Axl, i figured it probably wouldnt be the right thing to do after all that time.......

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/index.php?topic=45570.0

Selfless promotion much?

Considering its an interview about his solo record, um, what do you expect?

Thats right, I should be use to slash dragging the GnR name and Axl everytime he wants to sell something, how stupid of me :sleeper:

HA! So right! :laugh: and so :sleeper:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash's solo album would be a lot cooler if it had Michael Jackson and Axl Rose on it.

As long as Slash wrote the music and not some guys who were hired to sit in a studio for a few years to come up with material. That leads to hook free outdated music.

I'd prefer if Izzy wrote the music. Slash's songwriting hasn't been very good since the GNR days.

Slash's song writing has NEVER been all that good. Izzy was the sound of Guns N Roses. Slash was legendary for his solos, not his song writing ability.

Oh really. You were there when the songs were written? That's pretty cool.

No, but writing credits are pretty easy to find.........

Oh yeah. You're right, a song followed by a few names is very detailed and tells the full story. Thanks for the widsom.

WTTJ, Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me, Mr. Brownstone, Paradise City, SCOM, You're Crazy, Rocket Queen, Garden of Eden, Coma, Locomotive, Civil War, Dont Damn Me, Dust N Bones, Not to mention songs like NR and Estranged which were made epic with the help of Slash's amazing guitar parts. Rhythm and solo parts. Just because his name isnt on the song doesnt mean he wasnt a huge contributing factor to the song.

All those are songs slash is given credit for. Without Slash, GNR would have gotten no where. Simple as that. Same goes for the other members.

Izzy once said that he came with the songs, presented them to Slash and Axl and then they will turn them into a monster of a song

Izzy also says that his writting style hasn't changed since he started, it's just that now he doesn't have Slash and Axl to turn the songs into a monster

i'd have to go with pugachev, without the contribution of everybody, including Slash, those songs that Izzy wrote would've been nowhere... but c'mon guys, everybody knows that

Look, in my band, I am the songwriter. I've written every single song. But they wouldn't be anything that they are without bringing them to the band. I consider what I do the foundation and frame of the house, them I bring it to the band, and they add walls and style. Know what I mean?

Edited by AxlisOld

this stupid bullshit again.. is this getting old for anyone else?

If you're not gonna spread the love, shoo.

perhaps you could shoo on down to the original lineup section, or maybe the reunion section, or perhaps the ex-members section. theres plenty of places to discuss this stuff, why can't we leave this section for the band so the people who don't want to talk about this pointless and ancient drama don't have to sift thru these kinds of topics.

Yeh right, and Axl taught Slash how to play guitar yeh?

No. That's a stupid thing to say.

So wheres you source to back up that Slash wrote all the lyrics and taught Axl how to sing?

From Axl himself: "Slash wrote all the lyrics and even taught me how to sing".

True story.

It makes me laugh the people who justify Slash´s comments about Axl under the excuse that he is asked in interviews but...there is always the posiblility of saying "No Axl questions,please" . I wonder why... :krider:

And this bullshit of Axl vs Slash in the main section is getting old and tiring :rolleyes:

i think the lady of the house was beta .. if it's the occasion i'm thinking of. and i think he's just a very candid guy and has no need to fob off the media like some others do. it's just his personality, imo.

4235049353_3f95a94910_o.jpg

How much more honest can you get?

i think the lady of the house was beta .. if it's the occasion i'm thinking of. and i think he's just a very candid guy and has no need to fob off the media like some others do. it's just his personality, imo.

4235049353_3f95a94910_o.jpg

Well a lot, considering he initially denied the claims of the incident at Axl's house. I'm not into the Slash bashing but he is far from a saint.

Well a lot, considering he initially denied the claims of the incident at Axl's house. I'm not into the Slash bashing but he is far from a saint.

actually in this phrase i was referring to the photo's honesty. i'm not saying slash is a saint, as we know axl isn't either. none of them are. but i must say it's good to see axl more relaxed and even smiling in his shows.

what he denied was going to Axl's house and speak to Axl, which was true, he didnt speak to Axl.......... he spoke to Beta. It was a clever play on words but it wasnt a lie.

Actually, I think that this is going to piss Axl off. In fact, I think Slash is purposely trying to piss Axl off with this statement. This might not be all "lubby dubby" as you think.

"He's one of two people i thought of when making my solo record: One was Michael Jackson, the other was Axl, "

Axl has always hated being mentioned in the same sentence as Michael Jackson. Slash knows that. Slash is fucking with him and I find it hilarious. :rofl-lol:

Some relationships just go beyond the point of being salvageable, it's a shame it happened between two people who clearly cared for each other so much and also created such incredible music but in that scenario when they fall out it usually hurts them emotionally all the more, that's the risk of getting close to someone.