Slash mentions Axl in April '10 Q Magazine

WhazUp

Let this be a love thread.

YES

2vspymb.jpg

hahah great pic! ;)

Saw this at somones singature:

"And then I came to LA and saw all these people trying to be Eddie Van Halen. And it took five years to find somebody who played more from the heart, rather than trying to be the fastest, and trying to do this and that and trying to be a big rock star."

Great line, but this doesn't fit the thing were Axl stands for these days... :P

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For God's sake, shut the fuck up, Slash!

Totally! Stop promoting that solo album of yours Slash! Even if you are proud of it! You are a Professional Musician! Stop acting like one! Slash,you are getting out of hand with these solo gigs and interviews! All the things that artists do to promote their work! How could you do this to all of us,Slash?!

Dude, you totally understood me, don't pretend you didn't. Every day I come here there's a new thread "Slash mentions Axl bla bla bla", "Slash says Axl...".

Guest gunns5

when is slash going to jam with the black eyed peas again and make some more incredible music to live up to that excellent gnr legacy that he is clinching to with all his mite?

Some relationships just go beyond the point of being salvageable, it's a shame it happened between two people who clearly cared for each other so much and also created such incredible music but in that scenario when they fall out it usually hurts them emotionally all the more, that's the risk of getting close to someone.

this is how it seems to me

Guest gunns5

just wondering why this is in the guns n roses discussion and news anyway,

just because he mentions Axl?

Slash is no longer apart of GnR (sorry Brosef must be hard for you to read that) so this really should be in the ex gunners section, its just inciting a constant flame war,

Who else is getting a Jennifer Aniston "still obsessed over their ex" kinda vibe from slash lately?

You and the other few LOLSLASH folks? He was asked a question and answered.Big fucking deal.

Relax, it was just something I found amusing, it was more in the way he worded his answer it seemed sort of longing and sad. And granted, the same thing could be said for axl too.

Who else is getting a Jennifer Aniston "still obsessed over their ex" kinda vibe from slash lately?

They just asked him a question about Axl!

What do you expect him to answer? Answers like the members of GN'R do?

- 'Sorry, I have no answer on that'

- 'Can't speak of the management'

- 'Have no fucking idea of what for band I'm in'

- 'Don't ask me, I'm just playing for the money, that's all'

As long as people ask Slash questions about Axl/GN'R (wich is and will be almost every interview), he will give an answer on that, simple as that.

Totally! Stop promoting that solo album of yours Slash! Even if you are proud of it! You are a Professional Musician! Stop acting like one! Slash,you are getting out of hand with these solo gigs and interviews! All the things that artists do to promote their work! How could you do this to all of us,Slash?!

Dude, you totally understood me, don't pretend you didn't. Every day I come here there's a new thread "Slash mentions Axl bla bla bla", "Slash says Axl...".

For fucks sake. Slash was asked a question involving Axl,he was very cool about it and at times complimentary. What do you want him to do, tell the interviewer, "Sorry,I can't answer that cause a few folks at MYGNRFORUM will get mad and think this is a conspiracy on my part to sell more albums by invoking the name of the great Axl Rose?" If Axl were to say one nice thing about Slash this Forum would explode but when Slash is complimentary towards Axl,it is the same five "LOLSLASH!" people who try and create something out of nothing.

Yeah, but after a billion interviews we already got what Slash has to say, can't he just shut up about it? Allright, he wants to Axl's friend, great, everyone knows that!

when is slash going to jam with the black eyed peas again and make some more incredible music to live up to that excellent gnr legacy that he is clinching to with all his mite?

You can't expect that someone like you will give a serious argument or comment.

A guy who is friends with Dexter (aka Axl) and has a big photo of him on is profile of Axl and Buckethead saying 'guns' . That last one is especially pathetic.

Edited by saulhudson88

Actually, I think that this is going to piss Axl off. In fact, I think Slash is purposely trying to piss Axl off with this statement. This might not be all "lubby dubby" as you think.

"He's one of two people i thought of when making my solo record: One was Michael Jackson, the other was Axl, "

Axl has always hated being mentioned in the same sentence as Michael Jackson. Slash knows that. Slash is fucking with him and I find it hilarious. :rofl-lol:

I don't think so. I do wonder about some of Slash's comments sometimes, I disagree that this one was made to piss Axl off. As a matter of fact, I think this is one of the warmest comments made by Slash in recent times. Here he is working on an important record, his solo, and who does he think of? Axl. I think it's a really big comment and I hope Axl sees it and takes it with the same warmth that I did.

If Slash wants to talk about Guns then let him, the guy was a huge part as to why they got so big and why they created such great songs. We're the ones stupid enough to get all immature about the things he says and divulge into some stupid and pathetic internet war. We are the problem in this scenario, not him.

For fucks sake. Slash was asked a question involving Axl,he was very cool about it and at times complimentary. What do you want him to do, tell the interviewer, "Sorry,I can't answer that cause a few folks at MYGNRFORUM will get mad and think this is a conspiracy on my part to sell more albums by invoking the name of the great Axl Rose?" If Axl were to say one nice thing about Slash this Forum would explode but when Slash is complimentary towards Axl,it is the same five "LOLSLASH!" people who try and create something out of nothing.

Yeah, but after a billion interviews we already got what Slash has to say, can't he just shut up about it? Allright, he wants to Axl's friend, great, everyone knows that!

He is interviewed a lot because people are still interested in him and what he his doing at the moment. You can't say it from Axl and that's why you guys spit on Slash; Slash is still loved by the public and still makes the cover of music magazines.

What should Slash then answer? 'Sorry, have told that many times?' Or 'Axl, is a tumor?'

No, he just answers the questions.

He is interviewed a lot because people are still interested in him and what he his doing at the moment. You can't say it from Axl and that's why you guys spit on Slash

That's not a fair judgement to make, I reckon a lot of people are looking for an interview with Axl but he doesn't want to do it, he clearly likes his privacy and only gives an interview when he feels he needs to say something and when the time is right. Bach said that Axl told him that he would "Give VH1 2 million to leave me the fuck alone," that's not word for word but you get the jist of it.

lol @ people thinking Slash is just bringing up Axl's name everywhere...

Journalists are asking him about Axl, no surprise there, so wtf is Slash supposed to say?

He could say he doesn´t want to talk about Axl but no, he does answer those questions, why?Because he knows those interviews are going to get more attention.

He is interviewed a lot because people are still interested in him and what he his doing at the moment. You can't say it from Axl and that's why you guys spit on Slash

That's not a fair judgement to make, I reckon a lot of people are looking for an interview with Axl but he doesn't want to do it, he clearly likes his privacy and only gives an interview when he feels he needs to say something and when the time is right. Bach said that Axl told him that he would "Give VH1 2 million to leave me the fuck alone," that's not word for word but you get the jist of it.

Maybe not, but my point was that people are still (after all those questions) curious about how Slash thinks about Axl etc. Maybe with the thought to get a headline story....

only on this forum can people twist a single line nice comment into a clandestine mission to sabotage axl and his nugnr band. Slash was in the band for many years and MADE gnr's legacy. Who are any of you to even dare criticize him for what he has to say about GNR or its members. Id love to see you say some shit to his face. Honestly wtf are you going to say to him, he was there for all those years and witnessed it first hand, you people act as if you were insiders to the whole thing, what posers...

He is not in the band anymore and that Id love to see you say some shit to his face. Honestly wtf are you going to say to him, he was there for all those years and witnessed it first hand, you people act as if you were insiders to the whole thing, what posers... could also be applied to all those Slash defenders who claim Slash´s truth is over Axl´s.

Journalists are asking him about Axl, no surprise there, so wtf is Slash supposed to say?

He could say he doesn´t want to talk about Axl but no, he does answer those questions, why?Because he knows those interviews are going to get more attention.

Why would he not want to talk about it?

Guest floyd the barber

Maybe it's called "not being a total dick" and answering questions when they are asked in an interview.

Some of you are fucking retarded, and I mean that it the worst way possible.

all in all..it´s understandable that the reporters ask slash about axl.

if slash didn´t want to answer and talk about axl, he could say "no comment". these are common words..and it´s so easy to say.. tongue2.gif

hi danmak smile.gif

hello! :) just wrote/answered you on fb.;-)

Edited by danmak

Why would he not want to talk about it?

+1

Slash is already on the media. He doesn't need Axl.