Iron Maiden with _____ on vocals

dimitrisaxl

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce of course

i think blaze is truely underated though, he was a decent frontman for maiden, though he wasnt bruce, he did his best. In fact, the best songs on the two albums he was on are the ones he helped write. His solo albums are all ace too

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Bruce is the perfect singer for Maiden. I picked him. Funnily enough, I think Maidens two best albums are with Paul Di'Anno.

I was just gonna say, anyone that picks anyone other than Bruce is just kidding themselves...

Why? I'm not saying Bruce isn't the right man to front Maiden. I just think they were a different band before he came to the fold

and that band had a different sound, one that I personally prefer.

It's just a matter of taste.

I was just gonna say, anyone that picks anyone other than Bruce is just kidding themselves...

Why? I'm not saying Bruce isn't the right man to front Maiden. I just think they were a different band before he came to the fold

and that band had a different sound, one that I personally prefer.

It's just a matter of taste.

They certainly had that rough edge on the first 2 records with Di'Anno singing and it was a great vibe for the time and he was a great frontman. I met Di'Anno a few years back at a record fair in Glasgow. Despite his reputation as a mentalist, he seemed a decent bloke. To be honest though I wonder what direction the band could have went in had he remained in the band. I somehow doubt (though he has a great voice for that early material) that as the songs got more intricate and somewhat proggy, that they would still have worked well without Bruce's vocals.

He seems happy enough doing his own music now though which has a pretty hard edge to it compared to the stuff he did with Maiden all those years ago and of course Maiden themselves went from strength to strength despite a momentary couple of blips in the 90s.

I like Iron Maiden's work with Bruce the best, but I don't necessarily like his vocals the best. I voted for him anyways. I think that the band itself evolved enormously since the first two albums. There's a big change in the overall sound when you compare songs like "Murders in the Rue Morgue", "Phantom of the Opera" or "Wrathchild" with anything later on. They seem much more experienced as a band post-Killers, and I don't think it was really Bruce's voice that caused this. NWOBHM bands had a punk influence in them, and I think that only the albums with Paul really showcased this influence (and Paul sounds more much punk-ish than Bruce, but that's probably because Bruce is everything that Punk tries not to be). So, I think the albums with Bruce are much better, which is why I voted him, but I think Paul had a better voice by itself. Bruce's can get a bit annoying at times (I still really like him, though, don't get me wrong). And Paul Di'Anno's Battlezone is fantastic, as well, for those who have never heard of them.

I like Iron Maiden's work with Bruce the best, but I don't necessarily like his vocals the best. I voted for him anyways. I think that the band itself evolved enormously since the first two albums. There's a big change in the overall sound when you compare songs like "Murders in the Rue Morgue", "Phantom of the Opera" or "Wrathchild" with anything later on. They seem much more experienced as a band post-Killers, and I don't think it was really Bruce's voice that caused this. NWOBHM bands had a punk influence in them, and I think that only the albums with Paul really showcased this influence (and Paul sounds more much punk-ish than Bruce, but that's probably because Bruce is everything that Punk tries not to be). So, I think the albums with Bruce are much better, which is why I voted him, but I think Paul had a better voice by itself. Bruce's can get a bit annoying at times (I still really like him, though, don't get me wrong). And Paul Di'Anno's Battlezone is fantastic, as well, for those who have never heard of them.

I agree that the first 2 albums don't sound as mature, but POTO still stands as their best song, even more so than Hallowed. Yep, I just went there.