Rumored Album Release Dates

John Bonham

'The "birdie" told me that Universal received something like 30 tracks back in April 2008 from the Guns camp. Due to all the leaks, it was a no-brainer which songs would actually make the first album.'

what-ever :D

The best of Chinse Democracy was released, as that's the best Axl & Co. had to offer. The album's not been a great success, so it makes no sense to release the tracks that didn't make the album.

Like I said, I'm not telling you what is going to happen - only what I was told. A friend of mine works in Publishing out in LA. The "birdie" we had dinner and drinks with is a friend of his who works as a sales analyst for a major company within the industry. When he mentioned GNR having a release due this summer, he mentioned them in between several other artists and he had no idea that I was a GNR fan.

I don't blame anyone for being skeptical. Hell, after the failure that was Chinese Democracy, I never expected to see another album released under the GNR banner. Like I said, just repeating what I was told - not something that I know to be 100% factual.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'The "birdie" told me that Universal received something like 30 tracks back in April 2008 from the Guns camp. Due to all the leaks, it was a no-brainer which songs would actually make the first album.'

what-ever :D

The best of Chinse Democracy was released, as that's the best Axl & Co. had to offer. The album's not been a great success, so it makes no sense to release the tracks that didn't make the album.

Like I said, I'm not telling you what is going to happen - only what I was told. A friend of mine works in Publishing out in LA. The "birdie" we had dinner and drinks with is a friend of his who works as a sales analyst for a major company within the industry. When he mentioned GNR having a release due this summer, he mentioned them in between several other artists and he had no idea that I was a GNR fan.

I don't blame anyone for being skeptical. Hell, after the failure that was Chinese Democracy, I never expected to see another album released under the GNR banner. Like I said, just repeating what I was told - not something that I know to be 100% factual.

Summer?

Are you sure?

Surely a holiday release date is more viable from an economic point of view?

Summer?

Are you sure?

Am I sure? No. Did an industry analyst say GNR were scheduled to release an album "early summer"? Yes.

Again, he stated that the GNR camp submitted about 30 "completed" tracks back in April 2008 to the surprise of everyone at Universal. According to him, Axl is working with Universal during this down-time to finalize a marketing plan. Do I know this to be 100% factual? No. Did this guy seem genuinely sincere when he told me this? Yes, he did.

IMO, this guy seemed a little on the stuffy side and nothing about him made me feel like he was bs-ing me. Again, he didn't even know I was an old school GNR fan. That's the ONLY reason I think this may be true. It sure as hell isn't based on my faith in Axl.

Summer?

Are you sure?

Am I sure? No. Did an industry analyst say GNR were scheduled to release an album "early summer"? Yes.

Again, he stated that the GNR camp submitted about 30 "completed" tracks back in April 2008 to the surprise of everyone at Universal. According to him, Axl is working with Universal during this down-time to finalize a marketing plan. Do I know this to be 100% factual? No. Did this guy seem genuinely sincere when he told me this? Yes, he did.

IMO, this guy seemed a little on the stuffy side and nothing about him made me feel like he was bs-ing me. Again, he didn't even know I was an old school GNR fan. That's the ONLY reason I think this may be true. It sure as hell isn't based on my faith in Axl.

Fair play.

For your sake as a poster on this board, I hope you are right. A lot of times I've seen people vilified on this board after posting information they believed to be correct, that has indeed turned out erroneous.

Personally, would absolutely love to hear a new record ASAP. :D

Summer?

Are you sure?

lol, here we go again!

For your sake as a poster on this board, I hope you are right. A lot of times I've seen people vilified on this board after posting information they believed to be correct, that has indeed turned out erroneous.

Ha! So, you're saying that I'm running the risk of being scrutinized by a complete group of strangers who I have zero obligation to should this not happen? Well, I've been in worst predicaments. In all seriousness, I'm not guaranteeing anyone anything. In fact, I wouldn't have even bothered posting what I heard hadn't it been for the fact that when I logged in this morning the "rumored album release date" thread was at the top of the page. Believe me, I know it sounds ridiculous. And even though I was told this by someone who I would consider a reputable source, I still have my own hesitations believing this.

If you were talking to someone who had an inside industry position and the person mentioned GNR releasing an album in "early summer" not knowing that you were even a GNR fan, wouldn't that kind of make you think?

TBH, I really didn't even care for Chinese Democracy. Thought it was disappointing overall. However I'm a HUGE fan of the original GNR lineup, and I mainly follow Axl these days out of curiosity more than anything else.

Did this guy mention anything about GNR having a song in the Iron Man movie?

Nope. Just that it was a self titled, single disc release.

Ha! So, you're saying that I'm running the risk of being scrutinized by a complete group of strangers who I have zero obligation to should this not happen? Well, I've been in worst predicaments. In all seriousness, I'm not guaranteeing anyone anything. In fact, I wouldn't have even bothered posting what I heard hadn't it been for the fact that when I logged in this morning the "rumored album release date" thread was at the top of the page. Believe me, I know it sounds ridiculous. And even though I was told this by someone who I would consider a reputable source, I still have my own hesitations believing this.

If you were talking to someone who had an inside industry position and the person mentioned GNR releasing an album in "early summer" not knowing that you were even a GNR fan, wouldn't that kind of make you think?

TBH, I really didn't even care for Chinese Democracy. Thought it was disappointing overall. However I'm a HUGE fan of the original GNR lineup, and I mainly follow Axl these days out of curiosity more than anything else.

Did this guy mention anything about GNR having a song in the Iron Man movie?

Nope. Just that it was a self titled, single disc release.

I really, really hope your source is correct. I can't imagine a better way to start the summer than with the release of a new GNR album. rock3

I have also heard from someone recently that we'll be hearing something new "in the coming months." This person is in no way official, but he might have an inside idea on these sorts of things...

If this is the same person who told me, and I think it is, then I've also heard that we'll be hearing news about the forthcoming album very soon.

Can't come soon enough, that's for sure!

Summer?

Are you sure?

If touring is the only promotion Axl is willing to do - releasing the disc while they are on tour makes the most sense.

It would be pretty cool if Reading and Leeds were the first shows after the release of the album.

Summer?

Are you sure?

If touring is the only promotion Axl is willing to do - releasing the disc while they are on tour makes the most sense.

It would be pretty cool if Reading and Leeds were the first shows after the release of the album.

Looks like this birdie is making his rounds JB. ;)

Anyone else think this album is going to sell half as much as CD? CD did pretty well for itself sell whatever 4-5 mill it sold worldwild. This album won't sell as much just because of the fact it's not CD.

CD did pretty well considering it didn't have much promotion and all the negativity surrounding it. Marketed right the next album could sell really well. Death Magnetic by Metallica sold really well because of the hype pretty much, I don't consider it that great a Metallica album. It's all about promotion.

I will say that naming this album simply "Guns N' Roses" would be very Axl-like as it would serve as an F-You of sorts to those who don't believe his current band is really GNR.

I don't know how releasing this album self titled will prove anything. Hell, they could release 5 consecutive self-titled albums and it still wouldn't make me think this band is actually Guns N Roses. They aren't Guns N Roses. Plain and simple. But that doesn't mean that Axl couldn't release a really strong album under that banner.

Edited by Kush