Does Anyone Here Like Glam Metal?

Izzy's Gurl

Do you listen to glam metal?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The title pretty much states my question. I was just wondering if anyone here likes glam metal. All my friends hate it and my parents think I'm crazy for liking it, but it's my favorite kind of music! I just LOVE bands like Poison, Motley Crue, and Cinderella. B) So any other glam metal fans here?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I voted "Occasionally". I like some of Mötley Crües albums. I like Skid Rows second album and about three or maybe four songs on their first. Other than that... No. I can't think of any at least.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Just like GNR, SKID ROW were not glam metal no matter what pics anyone posts. Skids were heavy metal. Listen to sUBHUMAN rACE.

Okay, I agree. Slave to the Grind is heavy Metal, but their first album isn't.

Subhuman Race sucks by the way.

Voted occasionally. Most of it is pretty much shit, but like always there's some exceptions... The term itself is a problem because all the bands/albums/songs could as easily be called something else, like for example Cinderella's Heartbreak Station is not glammy at all but pretty straightforward hard rock (and very good) while early Cinderella is shitty pop metal.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I think it's the only musical genre where I dislike pretty much all the bands it consists of.

You don't like Mötley any more?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

If you ignore their first two albums, it's quite easy, I assure you.

Agreed. Although there are a few good songs on Theatre of Pain, Girls, Girls, Girls and Dr. Feelgood. But with just very few exceptions those three album sucked. Not to mention the other albums they've released, whom don't have one single song which are over mediocre.