Who do people bitch about Scott Weiland's vocals?

Towelie

I see it a lot on message boards, especially people who only seem to know Scott from VR. I think he's a really good vocalist, okay, he hasn't got a powerhouse set of lungs like Axl or Robert Plant, but for the kind of music he makes with STP I think his vocals work really well.

I see it a lot on message boards, especially people who only seem to know Scott from VR. I think he's a really good vocalist, okay, he hasn't got a powerhouse set of lungs like Axl or Robert Plant, but for the kind of music he makes with STP I think his vocals work really well.

Well I don't like Axl and Plant's voices much.. I'm keen on Weiland's though. Bit Bowieish, bit grungey but still original - though he needs to get his live voice together.

I miss his powerful Morrison baritone. Over the years, he's discarded it more and more in favor of the shriller vocals that favor pop songs.

Nowadays he's really gotten out there, you can hear Dylan and Leonard Cohen in his vocal delivery. I go back to All In The Suit That You Wear and Slither as the last time he really used the Morrison voice from Core.

I Love STP, but he sucks nowadays.

I just find that Scott doesn't have much depth to his vocals. He has one sound and one sound only, I miss some dynamics. Many praise Contraband but I think Scott's vocals are incredibly monotone and dull on it.

Contraband is a great album IMO, though I'd agree of all his studio albums his voice sounded the worst on it.